post concert depression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sokki

The Fly
i don't know if this is the right forum to put this in, but i'm miserable!!! my friends tell me to be happy that i saw them, that i need to get a grip basically.

i don't know what's wrong with me! i saw them two nights ago and the last two days have been teary and just... i don't know.

i want them to come back to adelaide. what if they never do? what if it's in like, ten years time or something?

i don't mean to be a moron, i know some people missed out, but i can't go back to normal. i cried the first 45 minutes of the concert, i wasn't screaming or nothing, i was just crying my eyes out because it was just overwhelming.

and now they're gone. gone forever. i can't get over it, i haven't listened to their music since. not to sound dramatic, but i'm seriously going to have a breakdown here.

last time i saw one of my favourite bands i ended up in hospital two days later. this is serious.... and with U2 it feels so much worse.

i'm a weirdo, i'm extreme.... i feel like i'm not in reality at all. and don't tell me i need a doctor or something, i already have one.

and by the way, bono's butt is adorable! more in real life!

ah, lucky you.
i haven't been to a single U2 gig ever. yeah, i know, slap me hard:sad:

but i guess that would happen to me as well. i mean i would've wanted the show to never end ...

I felt like this too but you will regain it all back and you will become even more of a addict.

I get this feeling after christmas day.

Awwwww :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's funny 'cos i was on a massive high myself for weeks&weeks&was so excited and happy after my 1st show but maybe everyone reacts differently :wink:

By the way, i totally hear you about Bono's ass!!!! :yes: :sexywink: :combust: i came v close to giving it a feel! :ohmy:

I bet they'll be back there next tour! :up: :happy:

The week after the concert I was just hyper! I couldn't shut up about the concert and I couldn't get the smile out of my face. I knew it was boring for some people but I just couldn't help it!! I felt so good... I just want to live all thet again.
I also had some kind of a post concert depression but it wasn't with U2. I know how it feels so:hug:

I'm still on a hyper high, but I think all my non U2 friends are well and truly over my enthusiasm ...... oops.

I do find myself glued to the setlist parties and wishing I was at another show though.

vaz02 said:

I get this feeling after christmas day.

:yes: That is quite possibly the worst day of the year, for especially its the 28th-30th.

Don't worry sokki, I was feeling a bit of that as me n dad were walking back to our car. I am one of these people who over-analyse everything, like "oh my god I didn't cry I feel like crap I can't belioeve I didn't cry I am so jealous of everyone that did" that was one thought that went through my head.

I want to believe they will come back as well, and I have faith that they will, especially after how well we ozzies reacted.

thanks everyone!!! i feel so much better today, and i put some of their cd's on, and you know what? i felt so much better!!! i thought maybe i'd be sad, but i did really feel better!!! i even stuck up a few more posters today.

i really love those guys!!! come back soon!!!!!:heart: :kiss: :applaud:

Hey sokki,
I know what you mean!! It's normal.
I cried my eyes out when I watched the guys entering the stage for the European first night in Brussels. Seeing them again after a four years absence..
Same feeling again at Amsterdam 3 where we got the tour premiere for Miss Sarajevo. If the band had left the stage at that point I would have been satisfied... The most amazing moment of that night was when Bono introduced Terry Lawless and the band played a full band version of Original of the Species... :drool: X 50
.... The next morning I felt sad that it all was over...

Good to see you're feeling better sokki! :hug:

See, my whole stress/worrying point with these shows is the 'crying' factor. I kept/keep thinking, "Why don't/didn't I cry?" And then I feel incredibly jealous of everyone that did cry. That really irks me.

sokki i can tell you have a extreme kind of passion for U2. I didnt cry but when u2 first came on stage in sydney i got this rush of emotion that this was the moment i had been waiting for.

It felt great.... I hope they will be back too. I cant get enough of U2

:drool:

I find it helps a little if you can download the torrented show of the concert you saw. It brings the high back and all those wonderful memories.

i don't think crying really means anything, like people shouldn't feel bad about not crying. imagine how stupid we must look when we do, lol. i had a security guy right in front of me and he must have thought i was a moron!!! lol

well guys, hopefully they'll be back to see us soon!!! i hope so!!!!

australia loves you guys!

and yeah - i've been looking for adelaide footage or audio, but all i can find is stuff people got on their phones and some of it's not too good... if anyone sees anything, let us know..... cheers!

When last night's show came to a close, I felt a bit sad that the performances we'd all waited for had ended, BUT...I feel sooo high and inspired now!!!

The way U2 can uplift you...it's amazing!

Last night I felt so stressed out, I didn't fall asleep till like 1am, I was so annoyed and aggravated that I was missing last night's show...I knew it would have a better setlist. I'm still trying to calm myself down. I thought a panic attack was near. There were still tickets left at 5pm last night. I just tried to console myself with thoughts of I coudln't afford it, Dad wouldn't take me, I had no way of getting there or back...:crazy:

dont worry sokki. I went to the Adelaide concert and cried all weekend off and on because I was on a high. It's good to see I'm not the only one :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think it's normal to be on a high and then to feel so depressed after.

arghhh i wish i knew there were tickets still available for melb 2! :( that annoyed me.

during one song, i got a knot in my throat and a tear in my eye when it was finishing. cannot for the life of me remember what that song was... and it was such a random feeling... maybe it was streets or pride... hmmm.

Sibley said:
I find it helps a little if you can download the torrented show of the concert you saw. It brings the high back and all those wonderful memories.

I just did that with Melbourne, dowloaded from U2torrents. I started crying through kite, I want to re-live that night. :sad: :tsk:

I actually felt terribly bummed out today too :sad: but I took all my U2 rolls of film to get developed (hey, I'm an old fashioned girl :wink: ) and got my pic's ...

and now I'm feeling very happy again!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

hi sokki
don't worry too much
i can understand how you feel as i felt the same and wished there were more nights the lads played here

i saw the lads at SYDNEY 3, MEL 1 & MEL 2......MEL 1 was the best show i have ever seen, take it from someone who has seen over 800 shows in their life.....
mate i was kinda shocked that they even announced extra tix for mel 2.......i checked ACCESSALLAREAS.NET.AU before leaving for my melbourne trip and that's where it said ticketmaster would be releasing new seats.......in all they released approx 1000 extra tix over the 2 shows.....
even more exciting (and this goess out to all my u2 buddies here) is that MEL 1 was FILMED!!!! holy s*** this has really got me all pumped up ahahaha.....hope im in there (ie the concert film) somewhere....
as for SYD 3, am sure damn sure that they filmed this one too as i saw 10 long range cameras, one was below me (for syd i was sitting at the topmost row of telstra stadium, and i was bang in the centre......section 319)

remember sokki.......we all feel like you now and then, so ur not alone.....you can always talk to us when you feel the need

as for me, i was depressed on my flight back home but now when i think of MEL 1 (I have nightmares, lol :wink:, am serious :D ) i feel like a kid all over again......

i feel truly blessed at being present at melbourne on 18/11/ its a show ill never forget as long as i live....

Last edited:
I'm still on that post U2 gig high and think I will be for some time!

I just feel so grateful that I got to experience two unbelievable and inspirational shows in my hometown. In addition, I really think that the guys were touched by the crowd's enthusiasm so it would not surprise me either if they come back sooner rather than later.

I'm just glad that we've got SO many ways to re-live the U2 magic - CD's, DVD's, books, live shows.....the list goes on! We really are very lucky! :D

ok....I am a lurker big time BUT this post I cannot let pass by!
It has been 14 months since I last saw U2 live.(Am I sounding like I have just entered my first AA meeting?? LOL) I cried BIGTIME when they walked out!! And I am not embarassed...who the heck was looking at ME!!
I have been a Bono chick since day 1 .But I can't explain why it is that when The Edge started to walk toward where I was standing,during The Electric Co....I sobbed!!! It was such a powerful moment that I was totally overcome!
I still tear up when I look at the pics I was able to get while sobbing ....I still tear up when I watch any live concert DVD. I truly believe that it is such an awesome experience...that I cannot react any other way than to cry! silly huh?......NOT !
I think it is normal...I get weepy because it was so wonderful to be there!!

Silver'nGold said:
It has been 14 months since I last saw U2 live.(Am I sounding like I have just entered my first AA meeting?? LOL) I cried BIGTIME when they walked out!! And I am not embarassed...who the heck was looking at ME!!
I have been a Bono chick since day 1 .But I can't explain why it is that when The Edge started to walk toward where I was standing,during The Electric Co....I sobbed!!! It was such a powerful moment that I was totally overcome!
I still tear up when I look at the pics I was able to get while sobbing ....I still tear up when I watch any live concert DVD. I truly believe that it is such an awesome experience...that I cannot react any other way than to cry! silly huh?......NOT !

Wow, that is so cool! It's emotional overload. U2 does that to people. It's incredible. I get teary too just watching the DVD's.I know I am going to be a pile of tears and smiles and screams in Hawaii, my first U2 show!! Yeehaw! Can't wait! But the aftermath will be a downer. Oh well at least I will be depressed drinking a mango margarita on the beach!! :)

Heh. I thought i'd be down after the shows, but i'm not.

I feel great, really energised. I didn't even cry during the shows...maybe at a later time when i feel down about something one of the boots might get me. But i just feel too damn good.

Silver'nGold said:

I think this is where you belong :wink: so no more lurking... OK? :) :up:

Oh ... and I think I just hit the wall... :sad:

Back
Top Bottom