possible to get 4 GAs for one show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drt4

The Fly
For the 1st leg of the tour, was it possible at all to buy 4 GA tickets for one show? I bought 4 GAs for Denver, April 21 off of Ebay. The tickets are hard tickets, all four still connected by the perforations. So they must have been sold all together. I thought you could only buy 2 floor tickets per person. But they look real in every way.

It just makes me a little nervous. Any explanations?

drt4 said:
For the 1st leg of the tour, was it possible at all to buy 4 GA tickets for one show? I bought 4 GAs for Denver, April 21 off of Ebay. The tickets are hard tickets, all four still connected by the perforations. So they must have been sold all together. I thought you could only buy 2 floor tickets per person. But they look real in every way.

It just makes me a little nervous. Any explanations?

yeah, like most ticket brokers they have insiders at ticketmaster that will sell them any amount of tickets regardless of the limits. They also sell them these tickets as presales are starting even if they arent members.

This is most likely a stupid question but....

Your only allowed 2 GAs when, during presale or general sale??

Well there is a way around it. I have someone with me buying tickets so we have a good shot of getting 4 GA's being the first and second person in line at an outlet.

prisz25 said:
This is most likely a stupid question but....

Your only allowed 2 GAs when, during presale or general sale??

General. On the first leg, you could get a total of eight tickets to one show in the general sale, but only two of those tickets could be GA.

Ewok said:
Well there is a way around it. I have someone with me buying tickets so we have a good shot of getting 4 GA's being the first and second person in line at an outlet.

But this could not be the case for my tickets off ebay, because they are physically attached to one another. Even though you may get 4 GA's between the two of you, they would be printed separately.

So I guess this person who sold me the 4 tickets must have some insider connections at ticketmaster. I asked him how he got 4 tickets, and he claimed that he was allowed to buy that many through ticketmaster. Which seems like a lie, or a distortion of the truth.

It kind of depresses you to think how much this goes on, even though I'm sure ticketmaster denies it. If they really wanted they could put a stop to this, so they must profit from these under the table sales to scalpers.

As long as my tickets are legit though, I'll be happy. It just sucks to be not quite sure if my tickets are good until I am inside the venue on the day of the show.

Back
Top Bottom