Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

And people say I'm closed-minded because I think Kanye's music is just like leaving a chainsaw on. :tsk:

I agree with this. :| I'm disappointed, I thought I would have liked his stuff more.

Halup said:

Yes, December 2nd was in Miami itself. There are a ton of them over the years.

The June 6, 1986 Amnesty International show was not in Los Angles, but in Inglewood as another example. Inglewood borders Los Angeles but it a separate city.

Ah, cheers, thank you! :up:

I've fixed the Elevation shows; I'll fix the one in 1986 now.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part

BonoIsMyMuse said:

If you give me your email, you might mysteriously be able to come across a copy :shifty:

if I mysteriously leave my email islagia@aol.com

that would be amazing :drool:

heyho_letsgo said:

I would help!

And I think if an employer saw that you could run a conference, no matter what the topic, it would look pretty good. Because they are a bit of work.

There's a lot to talk about with U2:
Religion
Politics
Lyrics

God, I want this conference now... :drool:

hee. can i submit a paper on the hegemonic stratification of the popmart personae?

(ooo, words i haven't used in years! shiny!)

I have grievances...

to my damn computer, who didn't find anything better to do today that to die a while.... damn screen just wouldn't get on...

add to that my sound card dying in january-february, and not listenign to any damn U2 show live, with the streams... or even get some bootlegs. Thank GAWD for college, where I went today and printed 24 bootleg covers and burned 8-9 Cds, including Vertigo Montreal, Hasta La Vista BABY and PEARL JAM in Santiago...

hell, I can go tomorrow and burn SALOME, but I'm too lazy to do it..

I'll only go when I can print my sings for the U2 show. (yes, printed sings, cool, eh? :wink: )

but I digress... DAMN PC :angry:... I trtied to install Photoshop CS, and ERASED ALL MY SONGS to make space (uin the WHOPPING 5,99 Gb I have)... and DAMN PHOTOSHOP WOULDN'T INSTALL, because I have Win 98 :scream:

SERENETY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! :rant:

alison0313 said:

I agree with this. :| I'm disappointed, I thought I would have liked his stuff more.

Judging by the way that most people hype him up, I thought so too. Didn't quite turn out that way!

alison0313 said:

If you see him live with an OPEN mind I guarantee you'll be impressed.

Someone that enjoys music has to at least appreciate a performer with so much talent. Live the man is amazing :drool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

Axver said:

:yawn:

If I'd known you were going to make an inane post, I wouldn't have wasted my time reading it.
gobble.jpg

alexdescending said:

hee. can i submit a paper on the hegemonic stratification of the popmart personae?

I'd read it.

I'd want to write mine on the Achtung Baby-Zooropa-Pop trilogy.

Or possibly a defense of Pop. :nerd:

Axver, the October 10, 2001 show was int eh city of Sounth Bend, not Notre Dame. The University of Notre Dame is in this city.

U2Girl1978 said:

She's trying to climb up the window. :lol:

She can't really sit still either..

:lmao:

I love cats. Mine enjoy chasing after things that don't exist (and scratching the hardwood floors :mad: ) then making as though they didn't do anything of the sort.

alexdescending said:

I actually understood that :nerd:

I have experience directing a conference. It's an insane amount of work. It took a year to plan the conference I was in charge of back in September.

heyho_letsgo said:
Um, since I can't quote it because it's in the last thread, but alex... posted this:

etc.

:heart:

This mini-discussion is awesome.

Apparently there was just an academic conference on Springsteen... WHY don't we have one for U2 yet?!

You are brilliant. I have been talking up the idea of a U2 academic conference with an author of a U2 book; it would be brilliant.

We could have a U2 band headline, meet other U2 nerds, and enhance our VITAs.

I know a few people have heard from people who are at the show, did anyone say anything about how it seems the fan action with the signs will go?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

u2forlife said:
:eyesroll: Thank god U2 doesn't share your close minded views.

I'm not responding to you anymore on this subject.

I wonder how I'm closed-minded. :hmm:

Because if this has anything to do with music, I bet I've a far more open mind than you, and if it's anything to do with my comments to you, they stem from unapologetic rudeness, not closed-mindedness.

heyho_letsgo said:

I'd read it.

I'd want to write mine on the Achtung Baby-Zooropa-Pop trilogy.

Or possibly a defense of Pop. :nerd:

i'd love to do an in-depth analysis of light and dark imagery in "achtung baby," maybe even connected to the light and dark ladies in shakespeare's sonnets. ab has lots of crazy stuff going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom