Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a Axver pre-show party would involve a lot of bands uknown and maybe... MAYBE, U2...

Metropolis part I :rockon:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

Axver said:

If I'd known you were going to shit on the party with Kanye, I would've just run the damn stream myself and played some good music.

Like Olivia Newton John!?!?!?! :hyper:

sorry, I was just trying to think of good music to come out of Down Under.

Yeah.... thats all i got. :wink:

JK!

Gen. Chat said:
I'm listening to the words but I just can't relate.......nice beats anyway. :reject:

Not really paying close attention to the words/singing, but the music is groovin'...

pattip2000 said:
U2FloridaFan

Where are the photos of the snow ball fight?

Supposed to be in the "Caught Ya" section of People mag. Not sure which issue. I saw it mentioned on @U2.com. Does anyone here get People?

Um, since I can't quote it because it's in the last thread, but alex... posted this:

innocence is a mantle to be consciously put on, a chosen subjectivity utilized to further analyze the symbolic structure of human degredation and the compulsiveness of sin. blake and bono both put on these masks, and in so doing reveal truths about the discursive relationship between the psyche and the soul.

etc.

:heart:

This mini-discussion is awesome.

Apparently there was just an academic conference on Springsteen... WHY don't we have one for U2 yet?!

Lila64 said:
Khan - sorry to hear about your cat. Hope he/she is okay, but I know when our cat got old, and lost a lot of weight,... :( - Just hope he/she is not in any pain :hug:
thanks :hug: i think he is in some pain because when i tried to pick him up and bring him in my bedroom so he could sleep on my bed, and he got mad at me and hissed and bit at me :(

between that and the limp, that's why i'm thinking maybe he broke or sprained his leg :hmm:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

Queen Bee said:

:|

Get a grip.

people with different musical tastes should be flogged right?

Halup said:
Axver, since you'll have some setlist updating downtime coming up, would you like some help in updating incorrect city names that appear on u2-vertigo-tour.com?

Ah, would love to correct any mistakes! :)

Hello, Axver (in Newman voice)
Hello_Newman.jpg

Axver said:

I'm still wasting bandwidth on this crap on mute just so I can have a place on the stream for when the show begins.

My personal music selection is currently Bleak by Opeth with Porcupine Tree's Steve Wilson. :drool:

That's probably not a bad idea. But that means I have to use Winamp. :mad:

Sheeeeeep for me. :drool:

pepokiss said:
a Axver pre-show party would involve a lot of bands uknown and maybe... MAYBE, U2...

Metropolis part I :rockon:

Lots of great music people here should know but may not be able to handle. :drool:

And people say I'm closed-minded because I think Kanye's music is just like leaving a chainsaw on. :tsk:

heyho_letsgo said:
Um, since I can't quote it because it's in the last thread, but alex... posted this:

innocence is a mantle to be consciously put on, a chosen subjectivity utilized to further analyze the symbolic structure of human degredation and the compulsiveness of sin. blake and bono both put on these masks, and in so doing reveal truths about the discursive relationship between the psyche and the soul.

etc.

:heart:

This mini-discussion is awesome.

Apparently there was just an academic conference on Springsteen... WHY don't we have one for U2 yet?!

;)

yeha, welcome to my college nightmare.

U2 academia would be fun, though.

Axver said:

Ah, would love to correct any mistakes! :)

It's pretty rampant on all the U2 sites. An example that is always wrong is the opening city of the Elevation tour. Some sites say Miami, others say Fort Lauderdale, both of which are incorrect. It actually was in Sunrise, which is the city just west of Fort Lauderdale.

U2FloridaFan said:

Supposed to be in the "Caught Ya" section of People mag. Not sure which issue. I saw it mentioned on @U2.com. Does anyone here get People?

we get it where I work, got the new one today and one of my coworkers read it, i think she would have told me if bono was in it

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

Queen Bee said:
9 tracks to go and then I'll be streaming The Arcade Fire EP followed by Funeral :dance:

The Arcade Fire EP

I'm itching to hear that :drool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

Queen Bee said:
9 tracks to go and then I'll be streaming The Arcade Fire EP followed by Funeral :dance:

:applaud:

I'm digging the Kanye... but I view it as hey, if it's good enough for U2 to pick as an opening act, then it's cool. Of course, I am a big hypocrite because of my lack of love for Institute, but it's just blah, not something I hate... plus then it would mean so many more Gavin humping jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom