Poll: Was AGE a factor determining who got Gen.Admission tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
Poll: Was AGE a factor determining who got Gen.Admission tickets?

I just have to wonder given the whole Boston/Elevation/DVD debacle (where younger fans were hand-picked from the general admission ticket-holders to get into the “heart”). It’s quite possible that the band/management don’t want the Vertigo “heart” filled with people approaching the age of the band themselves. Instead, since this group of fans is the most visible in the arena, is it possible that they wanted to fill the ranks with those thought to be younger and, say, more “exuberant”?

Since our ages/birthdates were one of the only required fields when we filled in the U2.com membership (other than name and credit card number of course), they obviously have the age information, and it was important for some reason. Could the age of the U2.com registrant have had anything to do with the code received and the tickets available?

So, if you don’t mind, I’m curious to know our ages (at least the age of the U2.com registrant) and our success at getting GA tickets (or any tickets for that matter). Me first. I’m 36 and I got no tickets at all. Nothing.

I'm 37 and managed to get mine by 11 am. The server had a high volume of traffic and couldn't deal with everyone at the same time.

37 - got 2 GA for May 9th in Chicago.
I first declined crappy balcony seats for both Chicago dates then started typing an e-mail to my sister about how pissed and sad I was, then decided to give TM another shot. This time I selected 49.50 (as I did the first two times) and instead of GA this time I selected Best Available...waited 4 minutes...
2 GA!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: I almost fell off my chair :faint: - stared @ the screen in disbelief then hurriedly typed all my info in...the stressful part was when you had ONE MINUTE :ohmy: to type your info in or you lose the tickets!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Ticketmaster's system doesn't know anything about you except that your password is valid during this presale, and gives you what is the best available seats at the time you hit your order button, the notion that they are offering you seat locations based on your age, shoe size, hair color or sperm count is preposterous.

im 19 and got right royally screwed over. still havent got tickets.

cheers U2 and ticketmaster, appreciate it.

yeah, no offense, but I think your idea is impossible; I agree with what Hewson said. It's a matter of luck.

Back
Top Bottom