Politicians ripping off U2 again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windylad

Babyface
U2 refuse to be cash cows

'OUR GIGS ARE FOR FANS'

Rock band U2 have been having another go at politicians - but this time the cause is nothing to do with poverty.

The rockers are fuming at American politicians who have been using their concerts as campaign fundraising events.

Senators, including possible presidential candidate Hilary Clinton, have been offering people the chance to watch the band in private suites - as long as they donate substantial dollars to their political parties.

"The U2 concerts are categorically not fundraisers for any politician. They are rock concerts for U2 fans," a spokesman for the band said.

The angry outburst came as it emerged that former-first lady Mrs Clinton has 'invited' 18 people to join her for a concert on U2's sell-out Vertigo tour, providing they stump up £1,300 for the privilege.

"We do a meet-and-greet with the senator, and then go in and listen to music," her spokeswoman Ann Lewis said.

Mrs Clinton has taken a luxury suite at Washington's MCI centre for the fundraising session.

Suites at the centre cost £3,700 to hire and give fans the chance to see their rock idols up close and in comfort.

Another senator, Republican Rick Santorum, is holding a £550 per ticket fundraiser at a U2 show in Philadelphia.

maybe bono thought that chris guy that got yelled at at MSG was busy trying to phone his politician friend....:wink:

Yeah, I just saw this on Fox News today. The first 18 people who donate $2500 to Clinton's campaign get to watch the DC concert with her. :|

Now , don't get me wrong, but I dont get it (I'm Mexican), But who would want to watch a rock concert with a politian??? And pay S*itloads of money on top of it?!

We've got another thread going on this iin free your mind!

http://forum.interference.com/t142772.html

I wrote there:

"Is this what U2 has become?

With the loserly likes of John Kerry, Bill Clinton, Jesse Helms, Rick Santorum, Condy Rice, and Bill Frist in the U2 fan club, I am confronted with the frightening fact that I am in love with a band that is what my prophet Bill Hicks warned against.

Is it possible to overturn the money-changers' tables when your rock and roll temple has been soiled by a Rick Santorum fundraiser.

God, please give me back the ranting ballsy Bono of the 80s and 90s over this pious priestlike person doing penance for his past pomposity!!!

The great comedian Bill Hicks suggested that there is really nothing worse than government-approved rock. It is akin, to, well, in his words, sucking off Satan.

So please, to save Bono's soul from Satan, read on and pray that he will renounce his evil ways. Instead of sucking up to senators, why not a PsyOp with vigorous versions of the Rattle and Hum-era Bullet the Blue Sky piping through the halls of Congress!"

Back
Top Bottom