Please, a little neighbourly ticket purchasing advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trashdaveed

The Fly
Hi,

I was curious if anyone out there who has knowledge of pre-sales could give me some insight as to how much the ticket prices are usually marked up from the face value? Basically, I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice on the best way to get the most bang for my buck, since I really have to budget crazily to fit tix into my financial capabilities. I want to join U2.com, but I don't want to do it for $40, then find out there's a significant ticket markup for presale GA tickets (if they do indeed have GA that is) and, in the end, have paid more than if I'd just waited for the general sale and tried my luck. I suppose the extra money is just to ensure you get the place you want.

I'm sure there are others like me, so I would love some advice from those on here who really are the U2 gurus.

THANKS!

Sorry, just realized I should have posted this in the Tour section -- apologies admins.

Key question, what shows are you targetting? If it is NYC, Boston or any of the other big markets I strongly suggest joining U2.com. If you are looking for smaller markets you might be able to get away without the pre-sale.

Yeah, I thought the market size would be important -- it's Montreal, so not as bad a Boston or NYC, but not far off either. I know the Toronto shows always sell out immediately.

If it is anything like the pre-sale for the Elevation show, then there won't be any mark-up for the pre-sale tickets. They will be sold at the regular ticket price. Of course, as always you will have to sell your soul to Ticketmaster and their fees...

Yeah, there's no mark-up on the ticket prices just because it's GA, or pre-sale, or whatever. For example, on the last tour (in the U.S.) GA tickets were $45. Throw in the obligatory service fees (which exist on ANY ticket you buy for ANY concert for ANY band) and you ended up paying, i think, $55-$60.

But don't get your hopes up with the presale aspect of things. IT was a nightmare for many, many people on the last tour.

And if you decide to go the route of getting GA tickets (if they have them) through a ticket broker, expect to pay 4 - 6 times as much as face value.

hope this helps,
james

If I were to purchase a ticket, lowers anywhere, what am I looking at? Through Ticket Masters? Through Total Tickets, Inc.? I haven't been to a concert in eighteen years, and I have no idea what this will cost. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom