Phoenix II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe U2 really did bust out The Electric Co. and he dropped his phone with excitement? :wink:

According to a couple sources on other boards, they played a really long version of "40" tonight. The band did the usual "leave the stage on by one" routine to wrap up the song and the crowd kept singing "How Long~" and Larry came back out and added another half a minute or so of drumming to a very loud response.

T.B.

lol, they played ONE song from "Boy" and it was...The Ocean...of all things, The Ocean! lol, I find that amusing for some reason :drunk:

nighters!

Partyslammer said:
According to a couple sources on other boards, they played a really long version of "40" tonight. The band did the usual "leave the stage on by one" routine to wrap up the song and the crowd kept singing "How Long~" and Larry came back out and added another half a minute or so of drumming to a very loud response.

T.B.

Wow...that's amazing...really amazing.

Nighters Catman!

Final Setlist:
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
In God's Country (snippet) ->Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands
Running to Stand Still
Human Rights Video
Bad
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because of You
Yahweh
"40" - Long, with Larry coming back out.

Waterman981 said:
Final Setlist:
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Running to Stand Still
Human Rights Video
Bad
One
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because of You
Yahweh

ok this just confirms I GOTTA GET THE bootleg of this tomorrow!!

Waterman981 said:
Final Setlist:
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Running to Stand Still
Human Rights Video
Bad
One
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because of You
Yahweh

Really amazing setlist...thanks again man..and thank No Spoken Word too.

Great setlist - shame about The Electric Co. but mmmmmmmm, Bad! - and heaps of thanks to both Waterman and especially No Spoken Words. :up: :rockon:

"Elevation" into "Gloria" has got to violate some kind of commandment.

HOLY SHIT!!!

i just got a phone call from my best friend- she was the Mysterious Ways girl!!!

lucky lucky lucky lucky!!!! :drool: :up: :hyper:

typhoon said:
"Elevation" into "Gloria" has got to violate some kind of commandment.

Yeah, but - THEY PLAYED GLORIA! Glad it's back. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart is nice, but I much prefer Gloria.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Hmmm...I couldn't get my activation code running.

you guys should all be good now. i am trying to do some mambo work and i think my db got a bit mixed up... will tweak it this weekend and they we can have a dedicated chat room if you want. thx.

I'm sure it was because I was passing the songs to you guys, but this has been the best setlist party I've been at. I usually just lurk... Tonight I quadrupled my posts! ;) I'm hoping Denver will be just as good! I was shaking for a good 10 minutes after No Spoken Words called me during Bad. I'm still getting chills... 2 shows is not enough for me!

VintagePunk said:

Wow!!! When are there gonna be pictures?? :)

she got tons of email addresses- i was talking to her as she was leaivng the arena, and every 10 seconds someone else congratulated her... i am sure there will be pics up tomorrow!

ok, time for bed, for real! thanks again for updating the setlist, Waterman!!!
:)

Bad is an amazing addition. I'd rather see ACD/ITH than Gloria, though (sorry Axver) :wink:

I'm sure they'll all get played over the 4 nights in TO, though.

It'll be interesting to see how the set list evolves month to month, or leg to leg, as opposed to night by night.

And much thanks, Waterman and No Spoken Words! :up:

VintagePunk said:
Ally - cool, I'll be looking for them! You'll post them, right?

of course i will! also, check out the thread in PLEBA, as there are sure to be lots of photos there! :)

Axver said:
Yeah, but - THEY PLAYED GLORIA! Glad it's back. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart is nice, but I much prefer Gloria.
Yeah, I'd probably piss myself if I was there to hear "Gloria" and "Bad" together for the first time in years and years. They could've whupped out "A Man and a Woman," "Red Light," and "Revolution 9" for an encore, and it still would've been worth it.

(Edit: This is the second time I've used "Gloria" and piss in the same post tonight. Weird.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom