Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Another show, another city! Here we are for the first Philadelphia concert, and it shall be interesting to see if any adjustments from Chicago IV survive, or if the band return to the standard set. I'm listening to the Chicago IV bootleg right now and it's bloody awesome ( :drool: ), but I doubt U2 will do something like this again. If any changes at all hold over, I imagine it'll be UTEOTW.

So let's kick back, see what happens, enjoy some Tim Tams, and share other quality Kiwi food. By the way, GibsonGirl, I hope you know that your Stormers are about to die a painful death for losing 75-15 to the Bulls. Now Wellington are down to fourth and have to play Canterbury again rather than New South Wales! :mad:

Oh, and now that I've issued a threat to a South African rugby team, I think this might be the time to direct your attention to the subject line! :wink: And if you don't behave, don't say I didn't warn you about neutral. :evil:

Welcome! Always good to have new setlist partygoers!

*pours glasses of Lemon & Paeroa for everyone*

Just want to send mental luck to those poor old souls attempting to get last minute tickets wherever they may be at this moment, my prayers are with you. :huh: Don't get screwed by scalpers!

And now for Axver's more detailed rundown of the weekend's Super 12 action, in case timothius or GibsonGirl show up!

It was the last week of the regular round. Wellington went down to Christchurch to play Canterbury, rested multiple players for the semis, and after a very close first half, the score blew out to a 40-20 win to Canterbury in the second half. Here's hoping the concussion Conrad Smith received in the first half isn't severe and he'll be cleared to play in the semi. We need him.

Canterbury were then able to take the top spot when a depleted Auckland team managed to put up a fight against NSW, allowing the Sydneysiders to win by only 25-20. Wellington at this point were third and I started to get slightly hopeful that we'd beat NSW in the semi. Of course, overnight, the Bulls had to crash the party. The Highlanders rolled over and died against the Chiefs so it was pretty much an open road to the semis for the Bulls, and they absolutely took the Stormers apart. 75-15! And that made their points differential look really good, BUMPING WELLINGTON DOWN TO FOURTH.

And in the third draw of the season, the Cats and Sharks tied 20-20 in a totally insignificant bottom-of-the-table clash. The top four are:

1. Canterbury
2. New South Wales
3. Bulls
4. Wellington

The semis:

20 May, while I'm flying to the US: Canterbury versus Wellington in Christchurch
21 May: NSW versus Bulls in Sydney

Even if Wellington have their full squad, I can't see us overcoming Canterbury. And NSW will overcome the Bulls. The final will be Canterbury versus NSW in Christchurch and Canterbury will win again.

:sigh:

But maybe the 'Canes will pull off a miracle and we'll make our first final ever ... maybe ...

Axver said:
And if you don't behave, don't say I didn't warn you about neutral. :evil:
nunu.gif

:wink: Hopefully no one will be off their meds tonight, unlike the last one. :huh:

So is this the first time they do the back&forth touring thing since UF? I know on UF they went Hartford>Philly>Hartford>Philly, this time it's what, Philly>Jersey>Philly? Or something...

Oh and I ventured into newsgroups today and was having some fun until I realized I had a 2GB limit/month from my ISP...any rec's on subscription servers? Is usenet the best/most economical?

Hello everyone! :wave:

I finally have my computer back again. I've been in hell the last week. :crazy:

Yeah, bit of an odd schedule:

14 May - Philadelphia
17, 18 May - East Rutherford
21 May - New York
22 May - Philadelphia

Last tour, though, they had 27, 28 August 2001, Glasgow between the 25 August and 1 September shows at Slane Castle.

Axver said:
Yeah, bit of an odd schedule:

14 May - Philadelphia
17, 18 May - East Rutherford
21 May - New York
22 May - Philadelphia

Last tour, though, they had 27, 28 August 2001, Glasgow between the 25 August and 1 September shows at Slane Castle.

Oh so 1 whole tour ago they did the same...I'm a boob :(

Axver said:
Another show, another city! Here we are for the first Philadelphia concert, and it shall be interesting to see if any adjustments from Chicago IV survive, or if the band return to the standard set. I'm listening to the Chicago IV bootleg right now and it's bloody awesome ( :drool: ), but I doubt U2 will do something like this again. If any changes at all hold over, I imagine it'll be UTEOTW.

I still can't get over the fact that you were actually pleased with a setlist! :ohmy:

CTU2fan said:

Oh so 1 whole tour ago they did the same...I'm a boob :(

I wasn't around for the Elevation Tour, but if I remember correctly, the second Slane show was announced a good bit later. Whereas this back-and-forth bit seems to have been planned since the start, as the 22nd went on sale pretty swiftly after the 14th sold out.

I'm trying to think of some other examples of back-and-forth touring. Lovetown comes to mind:

27, 28, 29 September 1989, Sydney
[3 Brisbane, 7 Melbourne dates]
20, 21 October 1989, Sydney
[3 more Sydney dates postponed due to Bono's voice]
[2 Adelaide, 4 New Zealand shows]
17, 18, 19 November 1989, Sydney

Re: Re: Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party

daygloeyes2 said:

I still can't get over the fact that you were actually pleased with a setlist! :ohmy:

He's probably just overdosed on Tim Tams. :D

So, what do we like for the opener tonight? LAPOE or COBL? Or will U2 decide they liked Vertigo and open with it again?

My pick: LAPOE.

Axver said:
So, what do we like for the opener tonight? LAPOE or COBL? Or will U2 decide they liked Vertigo and open with it again?

I think so too. That's usually their opening night opener.

Axver said:

Streets

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday