Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
knox said:
For what it's worth, the two times a saw a kid pulled up, they were in the exact same location, on the inside of the ellipse against the rail on Adam's side. Makes me wonder if the U2 crew doesn't make sure there's a cute little kid over there for Bono every night.

Now that you mention it it makes sense. Kids as props, say it is'nt so.:)

Somebody's not crazy...:wink:

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // SEND IN THE CLOWNS // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS

ruffian said:
I think perhaps they find cute little kids already at the show and move them to those spots in anticipation of pulling them up...
A definite possibility.

VintagePunk said:
Lila...good luck to you and your daughter on getting a good spot! Kids are generaly adventurous...I'm sure she'll look back on spending the day in the GA line very fondly. :)

I've never gone down early and waited in line all day. I didn't know anyone, nor do I live that close to any arena (at least an hour distance). But after the last few months... I can't not go down at least once and wait all day. By then I'll know many more interferencers, and I can tell all the fans here are generally good people and we all share the same passion (U2).

Hi Ruffian :wave:

last night I was flipping channels and caught Saturday Night Live with U2 as guests. Only caught the one song, Beautiful Day. I hope I have that on tape somewhere :hmm:

Lila64 said:

I've never gone down early and waited in line all day. I didn't know anyone, nor do I live that close to any arena (at least an hour distance). But after the last few months... I can't not go down at least once and wait all day. By then I'll know many more interferencers, and I can tell all the fans here are generally good people and we all share the same passion (U2).

Hi Ruffian :wave:

last night I was flipping channels and caught Saturday Night Live with U2 as guests. Only caught the one song, Beautiful Day. I hope I have that on tape somewhere :hmm:

Lila, I have it on my Tivo so if you want a copy on VHS I can send it to you. :)

knox said:
No NYD = Bad OR Until The End Of The World after Mysterious Ways.
What about OOTS? They dropped that in the main set in Chicago 4.

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS

Chizip said:

ruff can tell it, she knows it better than me, since she was there :wink:

i thought my ears were burnin' :wink:

knox, the quick story is that i met hamish at the show and chatted with him, then ran into him in a bar later that night and he asked what i thought of the show, then asked which song i liked better for the opener: COBL or LAPOE. I told him COBL and the reasons for that, and he said Bono was the holdout for wanting LAPOE...and that they were going to have a meeting tomorrow and he was going to quote me because he said he liked the way I'd argued the opinion. I saw him the next day again, we chatted some more, and he said he did quote me...but certainly didn't say my opinion changed the band's mind...I would find that very hard to believe. Hamish knew I'd been to a lot of shows this tour and I think just wanted a fan opinion...

and hey Lila! :wave:

Last edited:
:wink: to trish (for 2 separate posts). I'm playing catch-up, since the phone rang.

And I got confused by names when I was referring to people at the LA shows earlier. My bad! :huh:

cleazer said:

Good thought, yes.

To tell you the truth, I didn't realize they hadn't played New Year's Day until I checked the setlist after that show.

Still, it's an Adam showcase, so I'd hate to se it dropped permanantly...

timothius said:
I would just like to point out I'm listening to Stuck In A Moment on ATYCLB & I'm enjoying it. I have officially dropped my standards.

:madspit:

Stuck is a great song!

:wink:

cleazer said:
I meant INTO the main set, not dropped FROM the main set.

ruffian said:

i thought my ears were burnin' :wink:

knox, the quick story is that i met hamish at the show and chatted with him, then ran into him in a bar later that night and he asked what i thought of the show, then asked which song i liked better for the opener: COBL or LAPOE. I told him COBL and the reasons for that, and he said Bono was the holdout for wanting LAPOE...and that they were going to have a meeting tomorrow and he was going to quote me because he said he liked the way I'd argued the opinion. I saw him the next day again, we chatted some more, and he said he did quote me...but certainly didn't say my opinion changed the band's mind...I would find that very hard to believe. Hamish knew I'd been to a lot of shows this tour and I think just wanted a fan opinion...

I hope Bono gets his way - LAPOE is a better opener...those bass notes right after the 'Everyone' voice are sinister...I bet it'll be even more sinister in person...if they open with it at MSG a week from tonight when I'm there.

Ruffian, if he had asked me I would have told him Love And Peace Or Else, that is until I saw how well City Of Blinding Lights worked at Chicago 2. :drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I think we might have surprises tonight. :ohmy:

Man, I hope so 'cause even I'm starting to predict the next song correctly and I have a shitty memory for these kinda things...

namkcuR said:

I hope Bono gets his way - LAPOE is a better opener...those bass notes right after the 'Everyone' voice are sinister...I bet it'll be even more sinister in person...if they open with it at MSG a week from tonight when I'm there.

Have you seen the show yet?

I definitely prefere Love And Peace in the audio bootlegs, but the production for COBL makes it the clear choice for the opener on the DVD, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom