Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 20 yo ds called me from the concert and said it's AWESOME! He's there with his girlfriend in the mezzanine opposite the stage end.

I can't wait for 10/16 Philly! :)

VintagePunk said:

If I'm to understand this correctly, it's that they want the integrity of their recordings maintained. The main purpose of which is for trading...no non-superior tradings out there. If I'm correct, and I think I am, once a person has DLed a torrent, they're free to convert it ton anything they want, for personal use, as long as they don't trade it as such.

That's exactly what I'm doing, except I'm cutting out the middle steps. I'm DLing it in the format that's most convenient to me, for personal use. I'm fully aware that trading in such a format, or misrepresnting it is a no-no, and i would never do that.

So how am I wrong?

I'm not really phased on the whole mp3 thing. I only have downloaded mp3's. Torrents aggrivate me. I got half way through 4-cam a week and a half ago, then it clapped out. I still haven't seen it.

I think the whole retaining non conversion to mp3 is a touch narky. Although I think they have every right to say not to trade in mp3's.

On the U2pres side, if you got the recording and went of and burned it for your mate down the road I don't think they honestly would care. But to take it, disobey them, then flaunt it in there face if foolishly retarded.

timothius said:

I'm not really phased on the whole mp3 thing. I only have downloaded mp3's. Torrents aggrivate me. I got half way through 4-cam a week and a half ago, then it clapped out. I still haven't seen it.

I think the whole retaining non conversion to mp3 is a touch narky. Although I think they have every right to say not to trade in mp3's.

On the U2pres side, if you got the recording and went of and burned it for your mate down the road I don't think they honestly would care. But to take it, disobey them, then flaunt it in there face if foolishly retarded.

I downloaded the 4 cam and it won't play for me. :( It won't play for my friend who downloaded it too. Anyone here get it to work? If so what program did you use?

Audio Torrents are GREAT though.

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // SEND IN THE CLOWNS // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO

PearlJam_U2 said:

I downloaded the 4 cam and it won't play for me. :( It won't play for my friend who downloaded it too. Anyone here get it to work? If so what program did you use?

Audio Torrents are GREAT though.

Yeah. Good ol' snail mail is going to be my form of attack for them from now on.

Chizip said:

you arent the one doing wrong

the one doing wrong is the person who converts the show to mp3 in the first place and makes it available to everyone

people like you downloading it is no big deal, but whats stopping others from downloading the show in mp3 format and then try to make a trade using a lossy format?

I guess it's an "honesty amongst thieves" issue. By rights, the shows probably shouldn't be taped at all (although I am aware of U2's feelings on the practice). Even still, they're doing something somewhat dishonest....it just seems strange that while doing so, they're trying to place limits on the behaviours of others. And in doing so, they have to rely on the integrity of others not passing Mp3's off as superior recordings.

Lila64 said:
cleazer - were you at the LA shows? If so, where?

Don't know about cleazer, but my brothers and I were in front of bono...a friend with us in line had her 12 year old daughter in the front row outer elllipse.

Lila64 said:
cleazer - were you at the LA shows? If so, where?
Nope. Just the Chicago shows on Leg 1.

I'll be travelling around a bit more for Leg 3, but I won't be going out to LA. (Right now, Florida, Atlanta, and Boston are my furthest potential destinations, if things work out...)

Lila64 said:

I was thinking that exact thing... But I'm guessing I will have to get down to the arena early in the morning, stay all day and hope to get scanned into the ellipse. If not, a spot on the rail because otherwise my daughter (she'll be 11 by the time they return to L.A.) won't be able to see a thing. Then again, I don't even have any tickets at the moment :( And would hate to waste $200+ a ticket for her not to see a thing or experience a U2 concert...

Hi mirrorballman :wave:

You will get the tix, spend all day in line with me (lucky you!) and your daughter and we will get the rail if we don't get the ellipse. Viola! Simple. :wink:

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // SEND IN THE CLOWNS // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE

For what it's worth, the two times a saw a kid pulled up, they were in the exact same location, on the inside of the ellipse against the rail on Adam's side. Makes me wonder if the U2 crew doesn't make sure there's a cute little kid over there for Bono every night.

VP! You, Chizip and I posted at exactly at the same time. A three-way! :sexywink:
Knox, I think perhaps they find cute little kids already at the show and move them to those spots in anticipation of pulling them up...

ruffian said:
hey set list watchers! :wave:

:hug:

I'm trying to jump back and forth from your pm. I want to be insanely jealous and hurl nasty names at you. :D

I can't though, because you're so sweet dammit.

Chizip said:
did you have GA's for any of the Chicago shows cleazer?
Sadly, I've NEVER had GA tickets.

I have gone to (or have tickets for) 15 Elevation and Vertigo tour dates, and I've never once been in GA.

Though I did have actual seats for front row center at the Silverdome on Larry's birthday in 1997, so I can't complain too much. :wink:

ruffian said:

:uhoh:
i thought this was a friendly setlist watch, though...

i told them your little hamish story and how you might have influenced the opening song for the dvd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom