Philadelphia 5/22 Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@fielder31 : AM I missing something here....someone said something against beer and concerts? I Hope not... Some Alcool (not too much) ++ concerts = AWESOME Evening!

Fielder, I have no problem with fans who want to get some beers. But it really pisses me off when you see these fans get totally trashed and throw beers on other people or they can't even stand up during the concert because they are so trashed. Or they start fights with other people. Do you want me to go on? So I really don't care if you get a beer or two but if you are just going to a concert to be trashed and be stupid towards other people then just stay home!

kakvox said:
Hey U2 dork, why the avatar change?
:lol: I guess you missed my earlier comments. Let's just say I feel an avatar should express your current mood...:wink:

Setlist:

*City of Blinding Lights
*Vertigo // All Because of You // Stories for Boys
*Elevation
*Gloria
*The Ocean
*Beautiful Day // Blackbird
*Miracle Drug
*Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
*Love and Peace (or Else)
*Sunday, Bloody Sunday
*Bullet the Blue Sky
*Running to Stand Still
*Pride
*Where the Streets Have No Name
*One

~Encore~
*Zoo Station
*The Fly

I'm not upset with the person that has a couple of drinks but I saw way too many people getting sloppy drunk - I enjoyed a couple of drinks myself but when it starts to interfer with other people having a good time I have a problem - one show I went to in chicago a girl passed out after steadily drinking for the better part of 2 hours

fielder31 said:
but don't be upset with fans who get up to enjoy a few drinks. They may be a bigger fan than you and how would you ever know it??
You know, I don't usually like to get into any 'who's a bigger or better fan' debates but I can say this for a fact - If you leave a U2 concert several times just to get beer then you are definitely not a bigger fan than me. That is a fact.

@u2girl1978 : Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! One or two even three drinks is never a problem. In fact, I drink 1-2 drinks at some concerts and it's fun!!! But, I hated the TRASH people who drinks 10 beers in the first 30 minutes of a concert and then goes out of the floor to go buy 10 other beers!

nurse chrissi said:
I'm not upset with the person that has a couple of drinks but I saw way too many people getting sloppy drunk - I enjoyed a couple of drinks myself but when it starts to interfer with other people having a good time I have a problem - one show I went to in chicago a girl passed out after steadily drinking for the better part of 2 hours

Yea it's crazy. I don't mind people drinking but if they do it excessively and puke all over the place it's just ridiculous.

nurse chrissi said:

Exactly. Enjoying a few drinks with friends is totally fine. It's when people start bothering others around them do I get really angry. And I heard about that girl in Chicago...not cool.

Setlist:

*City of Blinding Lights
*Vertigo // All Because of You // Stories for Boys
*Elevation
*Gloria
*The Ocean
*Beautiful Day // Blackbird
*Miracle Drug
*Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
*Love and Peace (or Else)
*Sunday, Bloody Sunday
*Bullet the Blue Sky
*Running to Stand Still
*Pride
*Where the Streets Have No Name
*One

~Encore~
*Zoo Station
*The Fly
*Mysterious Ways

I liked the part of the 5/12 concert where this drunk girl comes flying out of nowhere pushes me out of the way and starts screaming and flailing her arms at Bono. This is at the end of SYCMIOYO. Wicked classy! :|

U2Girl1978 said:

so If I don't get sloppily drunk I'm not a huge fan? What a joke!

Why is it always about who's a bigger fan?

I don't even drink...but i don't think he meant it that way...

well back to the topic at hand...
the zootopians have decided to shake things up a bit ont he old "the edge is one fire" "to the edge can make the guitar sing"

which is of course true:wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:

I bought the book Wicked today! Your avatar made me feel good about my choice. :D

Somebody gave me that book a few years ago. I've never been able to get all the way through it, mostly because I keep getting interupted when ever I start reading it, but I can honestly say the first half of the book is pretty good...

nurse chrissi said:
well back to the topic at hand...
the zootopians have decided to shake things up a bit ont he old "the edge is one fire" "to the edge can make the guitar sing"

which is of course true:wink:

To the zootopians: aye aye captain obvious! :giggle:

I agree about the a**hole drunks as I stated in my original message but I read comments about how poeple would get up to get a beer during Acrobat and you would think they are crazy and it would ruin the night, I agree Acrobat is a song I would give up 5 songs for any night of the week, but as I stated there are many responsible people that can get a beer during any song they want. Acrobat may be all of our favorite songs, but others may not enjoy it. I am just explaining when you buy a ticket to a concert at an arena and there are 20,000 people there it is never going to be the perfect situation. Problems arise all the time, but it is risk vs benefit. I am not writing to offend people, but more defend responsible people who drink at concerts.

I just hate having to get up & down 10-12 times during a show for someone to go on beer runs...shit, have some consideration and two-fist at the very least. Otherwise I could care less...get shitfaced, knock yourself out.

fielder31 said:
I agree about the a**hole drunks as I stated in my original message but I read comments about how poeple would get up to get a beer during Acrobat and you would think they are crazy and it would ruin the night, I agree Acrobat is a song I would give up 5 songs for any night of the week, but as I stated there are many responsible people that can get a beer during any song they want. Acrobat may be all of our favorite songs, but others may not enjoy it. I am just explaining when you buy a ticket to a concert at an arena and there are 20,000 people there it is never going to be the perfect situation. Problems arise all the time, but it is risk vs benefit. I am not writing to offend people, but more defend responsible people who drink at concerts.

Oh please it was a joke! Get over it.:rolleyes:

Have I ever mentioned that the one time I drank at a U2 show I found myself holding my little sequined banner upside down revealing my true dork nature?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom