Petition to U2 and U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
I am a U2 Propaganda member of 12 years, as is my wife. My brother is a paid U2.com member. We are outraged by the lack of service. Its not the tickets, its the broken promises and LACK OF SERVICE for our money. No way to get around anything. Personally had my code disabled after getting 3 different sets of tickets to fail after entering my credit card.

Shame on you U2. 3 LONG term fans very upset.

Colin Burke
Jesse Burke
Laura Burke

Please sign.

I am also a Propaganda member who failed to get any tickets and whose code was made void despite getting no tickets. The service was disgraceful, and I am truly upset by this.

Julie Cafarella

Also a Propaganda member.

As a fan of this wonderful band for the formative years of my life starting in 1985 at the age of 7, I am extremely dismayed and disgusted by the lack of any caring for the people involved in this presale and U2.com membership fiasco that has occured today. What's not surprising is how widespread it's been from the code problems with the overseas fans to the downright idiocy from Ticketmaster and lack of prepartion for the influx of volume on the US end.

Every U2 tour I am there, I dont care where I sit normally just as long as I can be in the house of my lords if only for 2 hours. When U2 announced a website with a fan club and incentives included for these members I jumped on board and paid my $40 without hesitation. The most special thing about this whole subscription was the just the chance to participate in the presale.

While I did get to participate, it did not stop the absolutely wretched Ticketmaster from screwing up my order thus negating it completely at the end via because of their fault. I lost my tickets needless to say.

This is a disgrace and it falls plainly at the feet of U2 and their managment for not checking and double checking with their business associates at Clear Channel and Ticketmaster before beginning this sham of a presale, the tickets were not there like it was promised and the best tickets were so few and far between that the majority of us got stuck with horrible seats. The advertising stated that us fans would be the ones who get the best shot at the best seats, only to find out later on that only a small fraction of those seats would even be in that position. Meanwhile the ticket brokers have no problem charging the most disgusting prices for a concert perhaps in history and will gladly sell you two 49.50 face value tickets for $400 a piece. Needless to say, they seem to have plenty available.

I implore U2 and their managment to return to the old Propaganda system where the FANS actually had a legit chance at getting the best tickets and where the headaches caused by the idiotic Ticketmaster corporation can be avoided. It is your fault for choosing to go with them once again. You're a big enough corporation in your own right to handle ticketing on your own.

This is a disgrace. Please do something to make it better (the access codes that are wrongly invalid, the horrible customer service of u2.com and ticketmaster, etc). Or you might lost a lot of fans.

Richard Rademaker

Add me to the list.

I got shut out of the NY, NJ shows due to "Internal Server Error", "Tickets Unavailable" (at 10:00:45 am) and "Unable to Process Your Order".

Aaron

BTTT

Hey,

I've seen a lot of very angry posts here today.. but I want to support this thread and toss it back to the top and vent about this too. We all need to band together on this and make a stand!.

I myself, have been a fanclub member of U2's going back to the U2 INFO SERVICE days prior to Propaganda.. the old fanzines that went out in the early 80's (which I still have every copy)

one of the greatest things in the world about being in the U2 fanclub and the former Propaganda, was the service with tickets. For the past 12-15 years since they started the early tickets to fans, it has worked out perfectly. I've ALWAYS gotten what I wanted, or at least within reason (no complaints in other words). I think everyone here knows how great of an operation they ran in regards to the ticket allocations. it was rather amazing actually. but something to be proud of supporting and we all knew that the most hardcore fans would always get first shot.

this is the reason why the band did this in the first place, to avoid the ticket broker situation getting out of hand.. and to allow the most hardcore fans to get the best seats..

The Elevation Tour, the energy and passion with that tour, especially for those of us in the heart is proof positive that it worked perfect. In the custom way, I got TWO tickets to TWO shows (on each leg no doubt!) and never had ONE PROBLEM.

now, this new how I can say, utterly disgraceful fanclub u2.com thru fanfare has stripped everything all of us hardcore fans loved about being a part of this event and taken all of the fun out of a U2 tour. We now only get ONE show on the tour (which I can live with) but then the band, their management and everyone associated with the ticket allocation to the fanclub for the VERTIGO TOUR should be ASHAMED of themselves for the way this went down.

I am so disgusted right now, I dont know what to do.

it's certainly testing my loyalty to being a part of this fanclub anymore.. I mean, what's the point? After TWENTY YEARS of being a member of the U2 fan service, I demand that the band and their management respond to this disaster today in a respectful way that will compensate all of us for the money we have paid to you to keep your operations going.

I know EIGHT PEOPLE that were all trying to get tickets this morning, not ONE of them got ONE show. That's ridiculous! Going back to the J-Tree tour, all of us would have gotten exactly what we wanted.. now NONE of us have tickets!?!? I mean come on.

You tried something and it failed miserably.

And we all were trying to even get tickets to the show farthest away if that meant it was the only one we could get... we are so committed, we're willing to pay serious money out of our hard earned pockets to FLY across the entire country to see the band.

and this is the thanks we get?

this is what happens when you take power out of the hands of the people (ie: the band) and put it in the hands of corporate scums like Fanfare and Ticketmaster.

something that U2 has always pushed against making things more difficult on those that are the most hardcore and will get the benefits of having the best seats.

MAKE IT RIGHT U2 and PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT
we deserve better.

or enjoy having the suits with large money who can pay brokers up front for this tour.

Last edited:
madonna's child said:
U2,
Just open up more tickets for the pre-sale.

Emily Wirth

I dunno where you're looking for tickets but i still can't find any pre-sale tickets.
By the way, I've already written to U2.com. I suggest everyone to do the same.

one more

a friend just emailed me this

<<<Ticketsnow.com has MSG GAs listed right now for
$1425.00>>>

this is a disgrace.

PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT
you need to respond to this, you owe us better.

With your later presales, I feel that you MUST allow every GA Floor ticket to be sold in the presale. The fans most deserving of those tickets are your fan club members, and it's a shame that most of us won't have the best seats in the house despite signing up for U2.com

Sincerely,

Rowdy

So Ticketmaster has apologized to the people in Europe for the troubles they have experienced but what about the people in U.S? We have had our share of woes this morning as well. For all of us that have been long time Propaganda members, this is a disgrace. I have contacted Fanfire, U2.com and Ticketmaster.
I was thrilled w/the process in the past and had NO problems getting the tickets I requested.
Now....I will have to be at the mercy of a scalper. Licenced broker or a greedy ebayer.
It's a shame.

I just started a thread about this, but I should have posted here. I guess it's the brokers who are grossly inflating the tix prices, not those U2.com members who were fortunate enough to have priority.

I agree. The purported reason for the lower cost of GA tickets was that punters who have passion, energy and dedication wouldn't have to spend too much of their "hard earned" to see the band they love. Well, if fan club members (a/k/a the passionate, energetic and dedicated) can be treated this way, then it can only be concluded that there is no reciprocity for our loyalty/zeal. Too bad, really.

I am signing this as well. Even though I finally got nosebleeds for San Diego in the top most level, they were still priced at $384.55 for the pair.
There should have been more GA's available for Propaganda / U2.com members. I think if a tally of how many fan club members actually got GA's it will be a very low number, and that is a true shame.

Sincerely,

Carmella S.

this might sound wierd, but its true. I was listening to HTDAAB and getting hyped up for the ticket sales this morning but after all the stuff that happend, for the first time in my life, I refuse to listen to u2. Of course i'll get over it, but I am seriously that pissed. I dont' think it's the band themselves, but NOW is their chance to know about it and do something about it. Their reactions to this mess with what I'm waiting for.

Personally, at the very least I want a refund. I re-joined because I wanted to get access to tix for the tour, and I could not care less about ANY of the other features.

My hope is that there would be another pre-sale to right this situation.

:mad: Actually I can hardly type I'm so pissed off. First saw U2 at Caird Hall in Dundee 1983, Propaganda member, now U2.com member. Ticketmaster site threw me off, at 10.30am, no reply to emails, and now no effing Twickenham GA tickets left – although who knows where they have all gone.

Come on U2, make a difference and sort us out. We deserve the tickets we were after when locked out and we deserve our $40 back. And free massages to ease almost 12hrs now of frustration and pain.

U2.con U2.con U2.con U2.con U2.con U2.con U2.con U2.con

I don't quite understand why this presale process was so difficult. I've taken part in MANY presales from various bands and I have NEVER had such an experience before. The point of fan club presales is to give your FANS, the one who are always there and have supported you for years, the chance to get GOOD seats (or seats at all in some cases).

I didn't complain about paying 40$ to join u2.com. Alot of bands do that sort of thing now. I paid 70$ to join davidbowie.com, but he has been able to follow through with the promises that are made. He has an incredible site full of loads of multimedia, tons of community building offerings (forum, blogs, art gallery for people to display their own work, etc), and of course, ticket presales. I bought presale tickets for 2 Bowie shows last year and it couldn't have gone any smoother.

I don't understand why there were so many problems associated with today's presale. I don't understand why so few tickets were available for FANS. Even if every single ticket in an arena, some 35000 tickets were available and purchased by FANS during a presale, I can't understand how anyone would think that was a bad thing. What was the point in offering so few tickets for sale to fans? The band should be happy that they have so many fans still, who support the band unconditionally, who want to see them whether they liked the new album or hated it, and there is no reason so few tickets being sold this way.

Nine Inch Nails offered a ticket presale for their 2 London club gigs in march. EVERY SINGLE TICKET was offered to fans for the presale. And every ticket sold, leaving none for the public sale, but who cares?! NIN knows that the show will be completely filled with FANS - the most important part of a band.

We deserve far better for this, and not just because of the cash we've shelled out for subscription to u2.com. Because we're the ones who always keep them afloat. We buy the albums, we support the music, we are the reason they are who and where they are. We deserve more. Instead I spend a half hour to get errors, to have the password box not even load, for tickets not to be found, and to end up getting zero tickets. Thanks, I see the money spent was well worth it. Thanks for the many services you offer through u2.com subscription. I'll be sure not to renew next time around.

An idea to consider -- Check out the Principle Management-related thread, and send a letter.

Damn, this is a mess. I didn't try to get a ticket today because I'm holding my code for Atlanta in the fall. I'm really sorry this happened to some good fans. I'm upset about people getting screwed. It's not right. I'll write a note myself.

Well I'll add my name to the petition.

As a fan who has never had the chance to see U2 live, the notion that i am not going to get tickets is becoming more sickeningly apparent from every wasted hour i have spent trying to get tickets. I spent my money on the website with the promise i would at least have a chyance to get pre-sale tickets, I haven't even had this chance, as my code was made invalid within the first 20 minutes of trying to get onto the ticketmaster website.I have spent 11 hours today ringing and emailing u2.com, ticketmaster, ticketmaster customer services, each group seeming to pass me on to someone else, each feeding me any sort of bogus info just to get rid of me. The fact U2.com only seem to reply via an automated response to queries and complaints just adds insult to injury.

Chris Prince

I have wasted $20 and a day out of my life!

All fans that have had their codes locked should be allocated tickets to the venue of their choice! The shambles this pre-sale has been for us fans! We desrve more than this.

I never thought something U2 related would make me feel so crap.

A very unhappy, annoyed and fed up fan.

opaltranquility said:
I don't quite understand why this presale process was so difficult. I've taken part in MANY presales from various bands and I have NEVER had such an experience before. The point of fan club presales is to give your FANS, the one who are always there and have supported you for years, the chance to get GOOD seats (or seats at all in some cases).

I didn't complain about paying 40$ to join u2.com. Alot of bands do that sort of thing now. I paid 70$ to join davidbowie.com, but he has been able to follow through with the promises that are made. He has an incredible site full of loads of multimedia, tons of community building offerings (forum, blogs, art gallery for people to display their own work, etc), and of course, ticket presales. I bought presale tickets for 2 Bowie shows last year and it couldn't have gone any smoother.

I don't understand why there were so many problems associated with today's presale. I don't understand why so few tickets were available for FANS. Even if every single ticket in an arena, some 35000 tickets were available and purchased by FANS during a presale, I can't understand how anyone would think that was a bad thing. What was the point in offering so few tickets for sale to fans? The band should be happy that they have so many fans still, who support the band unconditionally, who want to see them whether they liked the new album or hated it, and there is no reason so few tickets being sold this way.

Nine Inch Nails offered a ticket presale for their 2 London club gigs in march. EVERY SINGLE TICKET was offered to fans for the presale. And every ticket sold, leaving none for the public sale, but who cares?! NIN knows that the show will be completely filled with FANS - the most important part of a band.

We deserve far better for this, and not just because of the cash we've shelled out for subscription to u2.com. Because we're the ones who always keep them afloat. We buy the albums, we support the music, we are the reason they are who and where they are. We deserve more. Instead I spend a half hour to get errors, to have the password box not even load, for tickets not to be found, and to end up getting zero tickets. Thanks, I see the money spent was well worth it. Thanks for the many services you offer through u2.com subscription. I'll be sure not to renew next time around.

I love u

I'm Brazilian, fan since 1983, espending a lot of money to see U2 in USA.
I had to subscribe 2 times ( I have 2 codes ) to see 2 shows. I spent $80,00 and today i wasn't able to buy any GA ticket in NYC, NJ,Boston,Los Angeles, Anaheim or San Diego. for ""Internal Server Error", and now? Would I have to spend $400,00 for ONE GA tickets, and $ 1,500.00 for to go to NY?

Patricia Shimansky

U2 should offer to pay a days salary to all of us who were screwed, day off for nowt but headaches and annoyances lol.

I agree that all tickets should've first been made available to u2.com members.

But would that have still guaranteed that we'd get any tickets? If ticket brokers are able to scoop up the best tickets as they did today, how would making all the tickets available to u2.com subscribers change that?

I agree u2 need to go back to the old way of pre-sales...when Prop members actually ended up with tickets.

Maybe Bono had to make sure all UN members, and Washington congressmen, and Apple employees, and Bill Gates' friends all had first crack at the tickets?

I agree, sign me up

((I agree that all tickets should've first been made available to u2.com members.))

Add me in..too. I wrote PM, Faxed a letter and emailed 2 others and talked with a reporter about this mess. Fan for 20 years treated like this. I was online in Boston at 9:59 am and ended up with obstructed seats in loge..which I will sell for ticket price for better seats. Last time around I had choice and it was fair. I so mad I can't go on....
Kim b

I love U2's music, and have done for the past 20 years. I have great respect for this highly emotive,expressive and talented band - especially The Edge, who inspired me to start playing guitar, and Bono, for just being Bono in a Bono kind of way.

I was happy to pay $40 for membership of U2.com - not just for the chances of tickets, but also for the exclusives, news, videos, etc.

However, the way many fans (including myself) have been treated by U2.com and Ticketmaster today disgusts me. Nobody expected to be guaranteed tickets to as many shows as we like - that would be unrealistic and, frankly, silly!

What we DO expect is to be able to use the presale ticket codes we are given without finding that they are already used and are therefore "invalid", despite the minor detail that we haven't used them. We do not expect to have to miss out on getting our presale tickets because of the inefficiency of U2.com and Ticketmaster. I CERTAINLY do not expect to have to telephone both, to find out what is going on, only to be told that neither organisation knows. U2.com refered me back to Ticketmaster, who refered me back to U2.com... and so on, ad infinitum.

I will always be love this band and their music, but I feel extremely upset about the way I, and hundreds of thousands of other fans, have been treated. This is particularly apalling when the organisation that messed it all up in the first place officially represents the band.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom