Perth Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
Oh didn't you hear? Whilst U2 are on their break, they are taking time out for a concert in my house! The stage and light curtains were a squeeze but Wille made it work..

They're only halfway through the set right now, and I've nipped away to update you all, as they are playing an impromptu 17 minute instrumental version of MLK.

Will update you all when I can!

Setlist so far:

Where The Streets Have No Name
Lemon

Encore:
The Refugee
Numb (Acoustic)
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Bono brought a little boy on stage to dance during this one)
The Cry->A Man and A Woman
LAPOE
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Snippets of Beautiful Day in there)
Break (Bono hit his head on my ceiling fan, the band retunred to stage with Paul M on lead vocals)

Encore II
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Bad (Paul slipped in some great lines, Ruby Tuesday, a bit of Wonderwall, some of Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl'. He also nailed the 'wide awake' screams)
'40'
Break (I sing 'how long' for about 6 minutes, then the band return with Bono, heavily bandaged)

Encore III
Miracle Drug
I Fall Down
Break (Band stops playing mid song)
I Get Back Up (Band resumes where they were, in Miracle Drug)
MLK

So thats where we are now! Updates to follow...

Last edited:
I don't like this set-list, does not flow well enough, and the crowd goes to sleep during A Man and A Woman. Elevation is lurking, too, I'm sure, to further ruin the show.

I hear Edge's guitar solo during the extended MLK is a monster, though, kind of like Spinal Tap's Jazz Odyssey.

Palace_Hero said:
Oh didn't you hear? Whilst U2 are on their break, they are taking time out for a concert in my house! The stage and light curtains were a squeeze but Wille made it work..

Are people blazing in your living room right now? How is the dog? High as a kite or munching on some Doritos and ready for a nap?

Did the GA line go OK before the show started? What did you use to beep people into Bomb Shelter?

Let us know please.

UPDATE::

Setlist so far:

Where The Streets Have No Name
Lemon

Encore:
The Refugee
Numb (Acoustic)
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Bono brought a little boy on stage to dance during this one)
The Cry->A Man and A Woman
LAPOE
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Snippets of Beautiful Day in there)
Break (Bono hit his head on my ceiling fan, the band retunred to stage with Paul M on lead vocals)

Encore II
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Bad (Paul slipped in some great lines, Ruby Tuesday, a bit of Wonderwall, some of Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl'. He also nailed the 'wide awake' screams)
'40'
Break (I sing 'how long' for about 6 minutes, then the band return with Bono, heavily bandaged)

Encore III
Miracle Drug
I Fall Down
Break (Band stops playing mid song)
I Get Back Up (Band resumes where they were, in Miracle Drug)
MLK
Pride (Bono dedicates it to the men, boys and ladyboys of San Francisco)
New York (Dedicated to the people of Perth)
Miami (Deidcated to my Mammy)
Slug

Break (The dog is humping Adam's leg. He prods at it with his instrument)

Encore IV

Tomorrow (A rousing, sorry, I mean an arousing rendition)
Grace
Mercy

Finally, Bono decides to end the night on the best fookin note possible. The crowd is going nuts (me and my dog) and Bono proclaims..."We've never played this song to a live audience before, but you guys are just worth it.Here is, ACROBAT!", right before kicking into the most boring version of I Will Follow I've ever heard.

Bit of a disapointing way to end the show, but it was great no less.

Oh, by the way for all you PLEBAns out there, som news about the band.

Bono has put on 120 lbs in the last few days, and performed the entire show naked.
The Edge played an Electric banjo for alot of the night, as he is apparently allergic to guitars now. Personally I think he has a valium problem.
Adam and the dog were seen heading off to a local night spot after the show.
Larry said nothing all night, and drove away in an eighteen wheeler.

And Paul McGuiness?

He signed my breasts.

Palace_Hero said:
Miami (Deidcated to my Mammy)

:lol:

Finally, Bono decides to end the night on the best fookin note possible. The crowd is going nuts (me and my dog) and Bono proclaims..."We've never played this song to a live audience before, but you guys are just worth it.Here is, ACROBAT!", right before kicking into the most boring version of I Will Follow I've ever heard.

:laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can do impromptu. I don't mind. Even if it was the middle of the night on a Tuesday.

PS How do you know that I am not a figment of your imagination as well?

loll.

At the moment Im still in my pjs cause its Wednesday and I dont have to do anything on Wednesdays and that includes not getting dressed until I absolutely have to go and buy some milk. Which is now. :mad:

PS If those concert dates are real, are you going to fly East?

I plan to hopefully.

I would elaborate and discuss further, but I have Uni. I'm really late already because I have been up late finishing an assignment due in 100 minutes, and I got up early to watch Liverpool beat Chelski.

Hence the mad late nite post..

Liquor? I hardly knew her!

bono_man2002 said:
If you need a place to stay for the Melbourne shows....I've got room for a couple more people.

Including a fully grown woman? loll

Which concert will be the hardest to get to , ie which to avoid? I was thinking about trying to get to Sydney as I have relies in Wollongong but it sounds like Sydney is where every non Sydney/Melbourne/Brissie Australian, and Kiwi, and even people from the USA are heading. Is Sydney difficult to get tickets for? I haven't tried before.

beli said:

Which concert will be the hardest to get to , ie which to avoid? I was thinking about trying to get to Sydney as I have relies in Wollongong but it sounds like Sydney is where every non Sydney/Melbourne/Brissie Australian, and Kiwi, and even people from the USA are heading. Is Sydney difficult to get tickets for? I haven't tried before.

I think the Sydney shows would be the hardest to get too as that's a larger city, a major hub for a lot of the International flights and because U2 have history there.

Having said that you'll probably find a lot of international people doing Sydney + Melbourne so they both could be equally as hard. :|

Last edited:
neutral said:
Does anyone have mp3s of this show they could send me?!?!?! :sad: Setlist looks killer. :sick:

i have the dvd but im not going to send it out for 2 months

Back
Top Bottom