Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon opening in Hawaii?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
Read in the new Rolling Stone (J. Depp on cover) that KOL and Pearl Jam are playing at the end of the year at the Aloha Stadium with "A Certain Band from Ireland".

In the rumormill area I think....

I am still sitting on my tickets. (4 GA's)

Please god let it be pearl jam! my dad would be a bit more likely to take me if he knew they were playing too..

Chrisedge said:
Read in the new Rolling Stone (J. Depp on cover) that KOL and Pearl Jam are playing at the end of the year at the Aloha Stadium with "A Certain Band from Ireland".

In the rumormill area I think....

I am still sitting on my tickets. (4 GA's)

:hmm:

Just got my issue - haven't read it yet :hmm: And yes, I have 4 GAs as well (hoping my friend will still use the 2 I got for him). And hopefully I can still use my 2!

Last edited:
westendgirl said:
Now the article doesn't exactly say they are all playing on the same day nor does it say they are all playing Aloha Stadium right?

Yea, it does.

It doesn't say that they'd all be at Aloha Stadium or on the same night...

As I just posted in the Hawaii thread:

The exact quote from the "Smoking Section" of the new Rolling Stone (Johnny Depp on the cover) says (incl. their bold):

"You didn't hear it from us, but book a trip ASAP for the Aloha State in early December for a year-end blowout featuring KOL (Kings of Leon), Pearl Jam and (most likely) a Certain Band from Ireland"

From the wording it sounds a bit more like it could be separate shows in the same week (KOL/PJ one night, U2 the next or something like that) than all the same show because they say (most likely) - although we all know already, but we'll see!

Last edited:
Wouldn't KOL/PJ being separate from U2 make more sense? I know KOL and PJ are playing together in Australia, so why not in Hawaii too?

I don't think the shows will be combined because PJ has its Ten Club seating and U2 obviously has the GAs. It will likely be 2 separate shows on different nights.

^I agree and keep it that way please. I'd not mind seeing PJ, but I endured too much of KOL and couldn't possibly stomach any more of them especially not in Hawaii and especially not after looking forward to Rocko!

That would be awesome! I don't think PJ has announced their Hawaii shows yet (I'm seeing them in Vegas this week, yeah baby), but seeing how U2 didn't sell out their original Hawaii date, maybe adding PJ will help sell some additional tickets. Either way, I'm in Hawaii once again.

Pearl Jam is a sell out all over the world...

Why in hell would they go open for U2 :eyebrow:

Neilz said:
Pearl Jam is a sell out all over the world...

Why in hell would they go open for U2 :eyebrow:

They're opening for Tom Petty in Denver and Minnesota this summer. They've opened for Neil Young and the Rolling Stones in the recent past.

u2fp

I don't know how reliable this is but I ran across this article/blurb tonight:

If you want my body
Sydney Morning Herald - Sydney,New South Wales,Australia
Damien Murphy and Ben Cubby
July 5, 2006

COUNTING THE DAYS

The Irish supergroup U2 are set to return to Sydney in November as part of their world Vertigo tour, according to rock industry sources. The band will play at Telstra Stadium on November 10, 11 and 13.

Since the sudden postponement of the tour in March, Australian fans have been continually asking about the band's return. Bono confused matters last autumn, later telling Andrew Denton the new dates would be revealed the day after Enough Rope went to air.

Nothing's been heard since, but the word around Olympic Park is that it is November.

(Not sure the title "If you want my body means??)

I and I in the said:
Hearing Kings of Leon on the Vertigo Tour was painful. I wanted to go hide in the bathroom of the First Union Center.

:yes: But they were so annoyingly LOUD that you could still hear them in the bathrooms. I do not want to go through that again. :no:

Carek1230 said:

:yes: But they were so annoyingly LOUD that you could still hear them in the bathrooms. I do not want to go through that again. :no:

I know.

They played like 6 songs. The only words I could decipher the whole time were "Dollar Bills"

Pearl Jam & U2 - two greatest bands on the planet...

All you going to Hawaii are one happy motherfuckers.

I actually liked KOL better after I got their two albums. There 2nd album is actually pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Not as good as Keane, but good none the less.

XBL_AchtungBaby said:
I actually liked KOL better after I got their two albums. There 2nd album is actually pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Not as good as Keane, but good none the less.

:up:

When I saw them up close I thought they were much better. Some bands don't translate too well to a big arena. I wouldn't mind seeing them in a club or another small venue. I have the first album and like it...

Just came back from Vegas seeing Pearl Jam and if Pearl Jam opens for U2, it would be comparable to las years Rolling Stones and Metallica pairing last year.

Super_Fan said:
Just came back from Vegas seeing Pearl Jam and if Pearl Jam opens for U2, it would be comparable to las years Rolling Stones and Metallica pairing last year.

More comparable would be last years Rolling Stones and Pearl Jam pairing in Pittsburgh on Septmber 28th.

Halup said:

More comparable would be last years Rolling Stones and Pearl Jam pairing in Pittsburgh on Septmber 28th.

People who live in the Toronto area circa last 2 weeks of Sept. 2005 might be able to think of a better example.

Or got to see Eddie Vedder with KOL on before Vertigo Seattle 4/25/05.

u2fp

or when Prince opened for the Rolling Stones in LA and he came out wearing only purple panties and instantly had 10,000 beers thrown at him

Back
Top Bottom