order from ticketmaster directly or login to u2.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ticketmaster. Go there now and create or update your user info. It'll put you that much farther ahead of the poor slob that's entering his credit card number tomorrow at 10:01am.

MrBrau1 said:
ticketmaster. Go there now and create or update your user info. It'll put you that much farther ahead of the poor slob that's entering his credit card number tomorrow at 10:01am.

:laugh: :laugh:

I bookmarked the TM page for the show I want. Why waste time trying to pull it up? At 10:00, every second counts. :)

I dunno why would U2.com tell you to log in via their website if you dont have to? I aint takin no chances!

agers84101 said:
So should you use that website u2.com gave us, or should we use ticketmasters site?

yeah, what's the deal?

Well, I guess that those of us going for US tickets will be able to find out what to do from the Europeans, as they're the ones up first.

JOFO said:

yeah, what's the deal?

actually, if you click on the link from the email from u2.com, it just takes you to the ticketmaster site, so I'm thinkg ticketmaster is the way to go.

Actually it takes you to u2.com, where there is a section to buy tickets.

tickets.jpg

Sicy said:

Did you get that page by following the link from the "E-mail" that was sent to you or did you go to U2.com directly? When I use the "E-mail" link it brings me to a page with a listing of all the Pre-sale options for the USA.

STING2 said:

Did you get that page by following the link from the "E-mail" that was sent to you or did you go to U2.com directly? When I use the "E-mail" link it brings me to a page with a listing of all the Pre-sale options for the USA.

yeah, me too.

Sicy said:

they have a page like this that's the ticketmaster colors, not u2.com colors. it's exactly the same. you can access it from ticketmaster.com

i'm sticking to ticketmaster.com (hopefully my password works. wish me luck!)

From the email.. then next to san jose I clicked find tickets. But that's weird, now its not there anymore :huh:

Sicy said:
Now its there again..

this is weird.

I see it now. Strange that it was not up before. So, I wonder if I will be asked to register my ticketmaster information this way or will they recognize that I have an account with ticketmaster and just ask for the pass word and boom everything is done, only a few seconds to finish what they give you several minutes to do.

The big question now is whether or not this will be faster than going to ticketmaster itself, or is this in fact ticketmaster itself through the U2 website and there is no difference at all as far as speed and what you have to do?

Ok, so I have my U2.com password and I have an account with Ticketmaster. The Ticketmaster page for San Diego is exactly the same as the U2.com page, except it's not in the HTDAAB color scheme.

Arrrrggghh! I don't know which to choose. Ticketmaster has express checkout since I have an account. But will my password work?

HELP!

I couldn't fall asleep until 1:30 last night/this morning just excited about this pre-sale. Who knows if I'll even sleep tonight?

Or worse . . . oversleep tomorrow! Yikes!

FitzChivalry said:
Ok, so I have my U2.com password and I have an account with Ticketmaster. The Ticketmaster page for San Diego is exactly the same as the U2.com page, except it's not in the HTDAAB color scheme.

Arrrrggghh! I don't know which to choose. Ticketmaster has express checkout since I have an account. But will my password work?

HELP!

I couldn't fall asleep until 1:30 last night/this morning just excited about this pre-sale. Who knows if I'll even sleep tonight?

I don't know the answer, but the U2.com area may be exactly the same as the ticketmaster area with your account and express checkout. It will probably be exactly the same either way, but I'd like more confirmation on that!

I'm hoping they allow all the GA tickets to be available during the pre-sale, otherwise those first 60 seconds could decide whether you get GA or not if there are only a limited amount of GA's available for the Pre-sale.

FitzChivalry said:

HELP!

Isn't the page in the HTDAAB color scheme really ticketmaster? The address is ticketmaster.com not u2.com, right? I'm sure express checkout will work on either page, as both are ticketmaster.

atikicat said:

Isn't the page in the HTDAAB color scheme really ticketmaster? The address is ticketmaster.com not u2.com, right? I'm sure express checkout will work on either page, as both are ticketmaster.

Great point and I think this is actually the confirmation we've all been looking for. The address is ticketmaster and not U2.com for the link given in the E-mail that has your access code. Yes, it has the HTDAAB colors, but the address is a ticketmaster address.

Thanks for the info!:up:

FitzChivalry said:
Did you get an e-mail with the password?

That e-mail has two links: one for US shows and one for European shows.

That's the only e-mail I care about right now!

the links are also on u2.com ...on the tour info page.. on the left hand side. as long as you are logged in.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

the links are also on u2.com ...on the tour info page.. on the left hand side. as long as you are logged in.

Erm - i'm in UK trying to buy tickets but i'm at work so can't get at my webmail, and so I don't have the link for the european shows -> anyone care to post it???
Thanks!
By the way, u2.com seems to be overloaded now:)

Back
Top Bottom