Opening Night? Where are people traveling from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cmb737 said:

Las Cruces...four hours away. Once. Axver..yes, the have played once in 25 years.

:wink:

Hey, I suddenly feel good about the dodgy amount of concerts New Zealand has had! :wink:

My Friend and I are in the same boat as cmb737. We're flying to San Diego from Albuquerque on Saturday. I can't wait to see U2 again. It's all I can do to sit still anymore. This is the last day I have to work before the trip.

Long Beach, CA. I'm actually taking a friend with me who has never seen them live. She is just a casual listener. I'm sure this show is going to convert her though into a fan!!:yes:

leaving work early on Monday from LA to pick up my friend at Long Beach airport who is flying in from NJ, then off to SD we go for both shows!!!:D

Originally posted by Tech I'm actually taking a friend with me who has never seen them live. She is just a casual listener. I'm sure this show is going to convert her though into a fan!!:yes:

I bet it will. My friend took me to see them in Phoenix first leg of the last tour. I was just a casual listener who had picked up POP on a whim when it came out. I had a grilfriend for a time that was a huge U2 fan, but failed to get me into them. He made me get All That You Can't Leave Behind and made me go to the show. I was (and am) a big PJ Harvey fan so I wanted to go just to see her. U2 totally blew me away. Now not only am I a huge fan, but I saw them in Slane, seeing them 3 times this tour, and making a documentary about U2 fans at the opening show.

I guess that's the testimony of the converted.

My boyfriend and I are driving down from San Jose :)
In exactly 45 hours :yes:
It will be his 1st U2 show, when we met a year ago, within our FIRST conversation, I told him that U2 was coming this year :wink:
See you all in SAN DIEGO!!!!!!! :hyper:
I think I will have on a "Bono, Got Mercy?" shirt on :wink::lol:, so if anyone of you sees me, please say hi! :)

I'm coming from Los Angeles for what will be my third straight U2 tour opener. My girlfriend though has flown in from Sao Paulo, Brazil and will see the first 6-8 shows on the tour with me.

I have gone to 16 shows in the last 3 tours and have taken 14 seprate individuals all of whom are now fans.
It is like hooking someone on crack.

BAWenrich said:
My Friend and I are in the same boat as cmb737. We're flying to San Diego from Albuquerque on Saturday. I can't wait to see U2 again. It's all I can do to sit still anymore. This is the last day I have to work before the trip.

Ah, more people from burque! And here we thought we were the only fans around here, except for the djs on the PEAK. Anyway, my wife and I are flying out Saturday as well. What time and airline are you guys flying out on?

Chandler, Arizona

me and the soon to be Mrs.

my first tour opener since JT on April, 2 1987

and my 12th show dating back to the UF Tour

we will be headed west on Interstate 8 come Saturday morning

Back
Top Bottom