Opening night -- Bono will most likely do one/all of the following (add your own)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He always says something about what a great time they have in the U.S., and something about what great fans U2 has. Something along the lines of "U2 has the greatest fans in the world, and don't you forget that."

(I bet if he was reading this thread, he'd laugh outloud.)

U2Girl1978 said:
Gracie, I like your avatar. Where is that from?

Yeah it's a great pic

I found it somewhere in PLEBA but I changed the colour a bit - love the B man in red! :drool:

No idea where it's from. Sorry. but here you go...
48e346d7a.jpg

Oh... and to keep on topic.. I bet he pulls a face like this at the camera at least once on tour:)

Last edited:
gr@cie said:

48e346d7a.jpg

I think this was taken from the appearance on 'Friday night with Jonathan Ross' on UK TV.

It was really funny, Bono went on one of his walkabouts through the audience during 'I will Follow', with the crowd going nuts. One guy in a suit though was sat down, and Bono noticed him, went up to him mid song, grabbed his collar and said "stand up you miserable bastard!!" The guy didn't know what to do with himself! classic.

I wonder if Bono will do a tribute to Crowded House drummer's Paul Hester, who sadly committed suicide this weekend. I am SO sad about this news. It would be touching if Bono did..but I am not sure if he had any personal relationship with anyone in Crowded House. Aweful news.

(Hester, 46, had failed to return home after taking his two dogs for a walk on Friday night. The drummer's body was later found in a park near his home in the southern city of Melbourne.

Ambulance officers arrived on the scene shortly after midday Saturday and tried to resuscitate him, but "he was dead when they arrived," Metropolitan Ambulance Service spokeswoman Liraje Memishi said.Memishi said he had "attempted suicide" and then suffered strangulation. ):(

gr@cie said:

Yeah it's a great pic

I found it somewhere in PLEBA but I changed the colour a bit - love the B man in red! :drool:

48e346d7a.jpg

Oh... and to keep on topic.. I bet he pulls a face like this at the camera at least once on tour:)

No...it's actually from the Grammies in 2001...I remember the CBS logo

Back
Top Bottom