opening band for my next show? Institute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Some of you get Arcade Fire or Patti Smith!!!

At least I get to hear Kanye West in St. Louis.

I love the U2 way of choosing openers and unlike most casual fans who do not find out who the opener is until they turn to me at the show and say--"Who are these guys?"-- I like to get familiar with the opening act before the show. So I plunked down 10 bucks on the CD on sale and . . .
Institute seems to be some seriously cliched rock-by-numbers. too bad.
I'd take my local bluesy and ballsy Tennessee brethren Kings of Leon back over this group in a second.

Anu

Its Gavin Rossdale's (sp?) new band. Lead singer for Bush and Gwen Stefani's husband. They were ok in Detroit. Best part though was when they played Bush songs (Machinehead :up: ). I have seen worse and I have seen better open for U2. I would say I liked them better than KOL though. :shrug:

I'd take any band/act in the world other than Marilyn Manson, Mini-Kiss, Vanilla`Ice, Crazytown, N'SYNC and`C`Minus over Kings of Leon.

HelloAngel said:
Marilyn Manson is one of my favorite bands in the world. :shrug:

Wow!!!..now that's what i call diversity in musical taste range.You might be the only Marilyn Manson fan who is a U2 fan as well.Good luck if you confess your love for U2 on a Marilyn Manson board.Be ready for a massive attack.

Last edited:
Cigar said:

Wow!!!..now that's what i call diversity in musical taste range.You might be the only Marilyn Manson fan who is a U2 fan as well.Good luck if you confess your love for U2 on a Marilyn Manson board.Be ready for a massive attack.

I try :) I know several big MM fans who also :heart: U2. It's not too tough of a leap to make. I don't go near the MM boards :no:

Gavin's new band was ok in Detroit but there was opne thing that kept bothering me....they SPIT so much!! It was nasty! The entire band just kept spitting. I wish I was joking. lol

His wife's band was amazing during elevation! So much fun.

u2 and bush?

r772225018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom