One Year Anniversary of Tour Opener!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
Well, tonight it's the one year anniversary of the launch of the tour! (Not counting the "final dress rehearsal")

What a year! I saw nine shows, taped 5 1/2 of them, and had loads of fun. Little did I realize by posting the show less than 9 hours after it was over, would it crash TTD, and cause some headaches for the server here as well.

What were you doing for the opening show?

I didn't even go down to the arena until around 5pm, and did get a chance to hook up with Dray!

I met Edgar for the first and only time after the show, as he was listening to the show afterwards in his car, what are the odds, that 2 tapers would park RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER! (Hope he's doing ok!)

Finally, PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CIVIL!

This year really passed fast! I was watching a Mexican Cable TV channel that advertised that they would broadcast the opening night, and it was a big rip off. They only showed a guy interviewing people from outside the arena and older live clips from the band, instead of the actual show. Luckily, one day later your wonderful audience recording was circulating around the net, and I got to see two shows, in Oakland and in Mexico City.

This time last year was great fun. I remember us crashing the San Diego webcam trying to get a view of the stage set.

Most of all though I remember you sharing your recordings. I'd like to thank you again for those, despite some impatient *****rs who thought you owed them a favour! And a double thanks for turning them round as quickly as you did.

Should have been in Adelaide 12 hours ago to celebrate the anniversary!

You and Edgar parked next to eachother?...I'm a gambling man but I can't work out what the odds were of that happening

Cheers again

I remember more than anything else being floored that a Boy trilogy (without I Will Follow or Out of Control) found its way into the setlist and praying that it wasn't a one off fluke. :drool:

Wow, it's been a year.

I was in San Diego for opening night. Got to the arena early in the afternoon and met up with someone people from here that I hadn't met until then.

Good times.

Thanks to chrisedge and everyone else who has made this possibly the best bootlegged tour by any band... ever

Good times the past year... remember it in the lulls.

Hey Chrisedge,
I downloaded your recording about 18 hours after the show...
Truly amazing experience... a couple of my friends and I went mad hearing the premiere less than 24 hours after the actual show.. and we got drunk that night..
..I went to 4 shows (Brussels, Amsterdam 1,2 and 3) and had a mighty good time....
Really hope to see the guys back on the road... and to all of you tapers, Keep up the good work!!! You guys rock !!:applaud: :applaud:

I remember thinking, OK, we'll only do a couple shows, not like Elevation, I'm getting to old to follow a band, that was a once in a lifetime thing......

but then I quit my job, made it to 10 shows, took the kids a bunch of times, had the Bono/son stage thing and am seriously trying figure out AUS/NZ in November.

who was I trying to kid?

that was some year.

Last edited:
I celebrated 2 days ago, as I was one of the lucky ones to see the L.A. tour opener on March 26, 2005, then see the more official opener in San Diego on March 28th. It's been a total of 11 shows on this tour for me, with hopefully 1 more on the way in Honolulu.

I was front row inside the ellipse on Adam's side on this night 1 year ago.

wtonis said:
Hey Chrisedge,
I downloaded your recording about 18 hours after the show...
Truly amazing experience... a couple of my friends and I went mad hearing the premiere less than 24 hours after the actual show.. and we got drunk that night..
..I went to 4 shows (Brussels, Amsterdam 1,2 and 3) and had a mighty good time....
Really hope to see the guys back on the road... and to all of you tapers, Keep up the good work!!! You guys rock !!:applaud: :applaud:

That reminds me of walking by the GA line for the 2nd San Diego show, and hearing someone playing the boot of the 1st show on a boom box :lol:.

That was great :bow:.

Halup said:
I celebrated 2 days ago, as I was one of the lucky ones to see the L.A. tour opener on March 26, 2005, then see the more official opener in San Diego on March 28th. It's been a total of 11 shows on this tour for me, with hopefully 1 more on the way in Honolulu.

I was front row inside the ellipse on Adam's side on this night 1 year ago.

I was there too....but I figured not too many people were "around" that night, like they were on this date a year ago.

Could someone repost the San Diego show, It is gone from my hard drive.

It was an amazing year, and I hope that there will be more shows(+ the ten shows) next year for the Whole world.

Well, I can dream:drool:

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One year ago today I was at the opener.. Outside the tip of the ellipse with chizip and ruffian and my friend Lisa...:drool: Wonderful memories I'll never forget...

Oh and I met my buddy, julie that day too!:hug: And rosa, and kelly too!:wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One year ago today I was at the opener.. Outside the tip of the ellipse with chizip and ruffian and my friend Lisa...:drool: Wonderful memories I'll never forget...

Oh and I met my buddy, julie that day too!:hug: And rosa, and kelly too!:wink:

Yeah, remember after Chili's we scoped out the parking lot where all the red trucks were parked and talked to a some of the crew. That was a fun time in SD.

I can't believe a year has passed.

I wasn't there, I was here, with lots of other people, just dying for info and having a lot of fun at the setlist party. Watching that setlist come in, that was awesome!
I forgot about us crashing the San Diego webcam trying to catch a glimpse of the stage set up:giggle:

And as a testament to the fact that setlists aren't totally static, one year ago today, had you told me we would also hear Gloria, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Miss Sarajevo, The First Time, Discotheque, In A Little While, and Instant Karma!, I would have laughed at you.

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, remember after Chili's we scoped out the parking lot where all the red trucks were parked and talked to a some of the crew. That was a fun time in SD.

I can't believe a year has passed.

yeah that was great fun.. ! And the guy we talked to was Lon Sampson...I saw him several times during the tour.. Always walking his dog, Corky... He was quite the pickup artist..or attempted to be...:lol:

i think a year ago this time i was still nervous/paranoid/scared that i wouldnt go to the show that was coming to my town. but as luck would have it, i did.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom