Oklahoma City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uuu222

The Fly
What are the chances of OKC getting a show on the third leg?
OKC has the all new Ford Center now, and everyone has made a stop here. The only ones left to come are U2.
I know it's close to Dallas, but come on, OKC sells out everything since the new arena was built!

It would be a sure sell out for U2. Here's hoping for the best.

My Denver 4/20 pics
http://community.webshots.com/album/328556492DjapRR

I don't think that the Ford Center sells out every show. I was there last May on the Madly in Anger World Tour and definitely the Ford Center did not sell out especially half the upper deck seats.

i've been hoping for a OKC show for Year's..

i figured with the ford center our chances are better than ever..

maybe next tour

I'd buy tickets to an OKC show...

Last time they were in OK was June 10, 1983 during War shows.

The chances are probably just decent, seeing that the open dates for U2, are also the open dates for the Ford Center. Maybe less than 50/50, but not out of the question.

Seeing that the hockey schedule is not filled out yet, the city would make sure that if U2 wanted to play here, they would make room, I'm sure.

As for selling the arena out, you can guarantee it. Metallica has played here 100 times over the last 15 years, I doubt the ticket demand is equivalent. Paul McCartney, Elton John, The Rolling Stones, we are talking the huge names like U2, all sold out easily.
Even some lesser names sold it out.

Actually I think the first 10 or 12 concerts played there were sell outs. The Ford Center was on Pollstar's top 10 arena revenue list last year or '03, even for a smaller city like Oklahoma City, frankly because every show was selling out.

Then the proximity to other dates, there is only a few dates in this whole region. Denver has already passed. Dallas has one show, Kansas City has none, St Louis has one show, the next closest is Omaha, who got a show.

Considering Omaha, was more or less the Kansas City replacement, I think that might rule out KC, so it might give OKC a better shot.

Also, don't rule out another Dallas show if the NHL is still on strike (I think that's what they are waiting to see). So, decent chance for OKC, but there aren't many slots open on the 3rd leg, maybe 4 or 5, dependig if they extend it or not, rather than just filling it out.

Last edited:
nov. 11 and dec. 18th are the only days i see left as possibilities... oh well, one can dream...

I remember seeing both Elton John and the Smashing Pumpkins in OKC back in college and both were sellouts.

Anyway, I think it would be great if U2 booked a date there. Its such a rip that there is only TWO dates in the south central part of the country!! If you want tickets for Houston or Dallas - you're gonna pay for them too!

Omaha gets all the shows! :)

I was hoping for a Ford Center date as well especially since I am about 15 minutes away from Bricktown.

It looks like Sir Paul is blowing us off this Fall as well. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom