Ok, everyone... here we go again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Let's hope that this time more of us end up happy with the pre-sale that starts in a few hours.

Regardless, U2.com still cheated us and I hope they make it up to us somehow.

And I also hope that they do not add any more dates today, but give us the opportunity to buy seats through another, better run, pre-sale.

Good luck!

Heh, I can't get through to ticketmaster.com at the moment entier, "page not found" :eyebrow:

I won't be participating in this go around but I wish you all good luck and I hope things run smoothly... *fingers crossed for you*

With ya man, after losing GAs on Tuesday to the absolute inefficiency of Ticketmaster, I'm a bit more optimistic today. However I've resigned to the fact I'm going to take anything and be happy with it.

That still doesnt cure the sour grapes I have over Tuesday's mess, but I am trying to view that from the proper perspective. I do believe U2's business dealings in that situation are what eventually caused the entire mess to take shape and I do place blame against all parties including the band, however I'm sitting here wide awake on a Sat morning ready to do battle for tickets again, because I can see the bigger picture.

Do I dislike U2 or their music? I admit I've been a bit jaded since Tuesday, however I want to believe that something will be done for all involved that were "screwed". I will literally be happy with any 2 tickets that I can pull today, and furthermore I only hope that U2 will re-examine their business associations and do something better next time around, failing that I will probably never associate myself with U2.com again. I do believe this problem falls on managment more than anyone and there is definitely some neglect on all sides when negotiating the allotment of pre-sale tickets.

Fuck I hate this shit, I've never been this distraught with anything this band has ever done. If I lose out on tickets today so be it, but hopefully we'll get something in the way of an answer or even a form of restitution in the way of added dates very shortly with a better presale.

bonosleftone said:
With ya man, after losing GAs on Tuesday to the absolute inefficiency of Ticketmaster, I'm a bit more optimistic today. However I've resigned to the fact I'm going to take anything and be happy with it.

That still doesnt cure the sour grapes I have over Tuesday's mess, but I am trying to view that from the proper perspective. I do believe U2's business dealings in that situation are what eventually caused the entire mess to take shape and I do place blame against all parties including the band, however I'm sitting here wide awake on a Sat morning ready to do battle for tickets again, because I can see the bigger picture.

Do I dislike U2 or their music? I admit I've been a bit jaded since Tuesday, however I want to believe that something will be done for all involved that were "screwed". I will literally be happy with any 2 tickets that I can pull today, and furthermore I only hope that U2 will re-examine their business associations and do something better next time around, failing that I will probably never associate myself with U2.com again. I do believe this problem falls on managment more than anyone and there is definitely some neglect on all sides when negotiating the allotment of pre-sale tickets.

Fuck I hate this shit, I've never been this distraught with anything this band has ever done. If I lose out on tickets today so be it, but hopefully we'll get something in the way of an answer or even a form of restitution in the way of added dates very shortly with a better presale.

I agree, do you think that, if we end up buying something today we would be prevented from buying tickets to another show?

I think that does not work here in the U.S., does it?

I dont know really, if it comes down to that Im using other peoples credit cards/addresses. My back up plan is in place already haha.

Im using a different card/address from the one I registered on U2.con with so I am assured my code will still work next presale.

I browsed all over Ticketbastard's website and it seems that we have no multiple show limit here in the U.S... only in Europe it seems.

U2@NYC said:

I agree, do you think that, if we end up buying something today we would be prevented from buying tickets to another show?

I think that does not work here in the U.S., does it?

I know two separate people in completely separate states who have phoned Ticketmaster, been told the limit applies to single shows, and then made the operator go to their supervisor to confirm it.

So you can get up to 8 tickets (6+ seats, 2 GA) and you can do that at every venue, every date. If you're lucky enough, you could buy tickets for yourself and seven friends to every single show.

At least, that's what they said and they damn well better be right.

If Ticketmaster do wish to cancel a transaction, do they contact you or just do it? Do you have a chance to change the details of the second booking?

Anyone else wake up like 20 times during the night, thinking you overslept and missed the presale?

That, and I had about three or four different dreams where I somehow messed up getting tickets (computer too slow, I couldn't log in, etc.) Hopefully RL will be easier than dreaming.

Also, what page are you supposed to keep refreshing? I'm just on the main page for each concert date, eg http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0...artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Is that the one to keep refreshing on?

Last edited:
..at least in the UK... in other countries in Europe not all concertpromotors are under the Ticketmaster umbrella...
.......... when you live in the UK and you want to attend two shows, you're screwed if you order online.

However, if you queued for tickets you actually buy them directly... it gives you plenty of opportunity to swap.

Most fans who want to see multiple shows, eventually will see multiple shows......

....I'm planning to cross the ocean next fall... I have a one way break from 22 October onwards.....

....but Brussels first on 10 June..

ramblin rose said:
Who else feels sick.:huh:
:wave:

I was awake before my alarm clock (that's rare) and I'm already shaking and hitting Refresh on Ticketmaster.

Good luck everyone!!! :crack:

Best of luck to everyone. Especially those not competing with me.

Axver said:
If Ticketmaster do wish to cancel a transaction, do they contact you or just do it? Do you have a chance to change the details of the second booking?

On the site it says the may cancel your order without notice..
Just check your account details and check my orders.

fmattyh said:
Anyone else wake up like 20 times during the night, thinking you overslept and missed the presale?

That, and I had about three or four different dreams where I somehow messed up getting tickets (computer too slow, I couldn't log in, etc.) Hopefully RL will be easier than dreaming.

Also, what page are you supposed to keep refreshing? I'm just on the main page for each concert date, eg http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0...artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Is that the one to keep refreshing on?

Haha! you aren't the only one. I had a dream that I got GA but then someone interrupted me and I lost them. *shaking head*

This shit sucks, I really hate onsale dates. Too fucking nervewracking, and when its U2 that feeling is amplified by about 30.

I was out till about 3am and I still got up at 8:30 ready. Well the phone rang and woke me up, thought it may have been Eva Longoria because I was dreaming about her lmao.

Someone earlier posted a message saying Ticketmaster called to tell them their order was being cancelled. And they were not able to get it switched to a new credit card or anything.

Back
Top Bottom