Official Vote for 3rd Leg Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who would you most enjoy seeing on the third leg in support of U2?

• The Killers

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Franz Ferdinand

Votes: 21 14.0%
  • Snow Patrol

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Razorlight

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Keane

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Kings of Leon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Oasis

Votes: 31 20.7%
  • Paddy Casey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jet

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Bacon Brothers Band

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters

cmb737

Refugee
Please, enough debate has gone on, lets just see how the numbers play out. Vote your preference.

Well, I'd like to see someone who has a new album to promote around the time of the third leg, so perhaps Garbage or The Raveonettes. I saw Garbage on the Elevation tour and they bored the crap out of me, so hopefully someone fun and exciting will come aboard. Who knows. :shrug:

I rarther they play U2 videos instead. I have no need for any opening act.

Ever go to a springsteen concert. He's 54 or so and plays for 3 hours plus. It's awesome.

so if every U2 shows I've seen.

I'm not against an opening band, I just could care less about them.

Sorry, nothing compares to U2.

After seeing PJ Harvey 5 times last tour, I'm done. The only song I liked by her was one where she sang "lick my legs cuz there on fire".

No Doubt was great in LA, but again, I can see them another time.

I heard U2 opened up for themselves a few times during the Joshua tree tour. That's what I want.

I want U2 circa 1988 to open up for U2 circa 2005.

How about Interpol? It would be a nice way to give a shout out to U2's post-punk influences by bringing on board a great new band that references so many of them.

The Alarm I saw them at Cornerstone Fest ( a christian music fest out in Illinois) this summer. They opened for U2 during the War Tour I think it would be awesome to see that show.:drool:

ihavefollowed said:
How about Interpol? It would be a nice way to give a shout out to U2's post-punk influences by bringing on board a great new band that references so many of them.

Not that I don't respect Interpol and think they have a great show and new album...but they would BOMB (no pun intended) as an opener for U2 in the US. Cure, yeah..it works, but U2?

Axver said:
The Dalton Brothers!

Alternatively, I'll take Muse, Tim and Neil Finn, The Chills, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, or Mark Knopfler and a reunited Dire Straits.

which, in my opinion, is VERY wrong of the people

Oasis seems somewhat out of place on that list, it's a completely different kettle-of-fish to the others mentioned. I think the Scissor Sistors (what does the woman ACTUALLY DO!?) will open somewhere, maybe in Australia though. On the list, I would prefer Snow Patrol but could also cope with Razorlight or Jet. I don't know who Paddy Casey are so can't comment on them. I don't think there is a possibility of Muse, as I can't see Matt "Superstar" Bellamy allowing it, in a similar way to not being able to think of Liam Gallagher being reduced to a support role. Interpol would also be great.

BTW: I am a huge Muse fan, not having a go at Mr Bellamy there.:wink:

I would have to go with Keane myself. They're an up and coming band who's album I love. Oasis would be sooo awesome, but since openers only play about 8 songs, that doesn't seem like enough for them. I would like to see a full set from them.

Well it won't be Jet or Oasis.... LiveDaily is reporting that Jet is lined up to open for Oasis on a Fall U.S. Tour.

jphelmet said:
who picked this awful list of crap bands?

U2 did.

save Oasis and Jet which were interesting rumors. Bacon Brothers was my own addition, although they don't seem to be very popular [/sarcasm]

Back
Top Bottom