Official Vote for 3rd Leg Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who would you most enjoy seeing on the third leg in support of U2?

• The Killers

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Franz Ferdinand

Votes: 21 14.0%
  • Snow Patrol

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Razorlight

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Keane

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Kings of Leon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Oasis

Votes: 31 20.7%
  • Paddy Casey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jet

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Bacon Brothers Band

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 23 15.3%

• Total voters
Keane and Snow Patrol are both fantastic, I'd be good with either one of those.

Is anyone else having a hard time believing there is a 17 year old in Kings of Leon? Not sure if it is because he is 17 opening for U2 and has a worldwide hit record...or because he is 17 and what the hell do these people know?

Quirky, not sure why.

i'll second the support for interpol. :drool:

now that they're opening in glasgow, maybe it's more likely that they'll hang around for the 3rd leg?

Sorry for not putting Interpol in the poll when I started it, hadn't heard them as a rumor. Perhaps one of the mods can edit it.

I bet they would do well, Interpol...not the mods. I am not sure how Sicy, HelloAngel, and Elvis would be as an opening act. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Interpol or TV on the Radio or The Fiery Furnaces or The White Stripes or The Arcade Fire. I know the only realistic one is Interpol but I would love to have a good band open for U2. Also Interpol is pretty big here in the States, just as big as KOL or Snow Patrol. In fact NPR.org is broadcasting a live concert of theirs this Saturday. I am really dreading KOL for the first leg.

cmb737 said:
Is anyone else having a hard time believing there is a 17 year old in Kings of Leon? Not sure if it is because he is 17 opening for U2 and has a worldwide hit record...or because he is 17 and what the hell do these people know?

Quirky, not sure why.

Kings of Leon got my vote.

If I chose 'others', my choice within that category would haver to be Fionna Apple.

....or Sinead O'Connor...hahahaha....or maybe the Cranberries could come back.

And who said The Alarm? Why would we want to see some U2-wannabes before the real deal performed?? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom