Oasis as possible opener next year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popmars

The Fly
It's been rumored on some Oasis message boards that Oasis may be a possible opening act for the Euopen leg and 2nd US leg next year.

Oasis already pushed back their album release date to May 26 which would be great timing for a summer European leg and fall US leg.

Being that these are my two favorite bands....I think it would be great. Anyone else's thoughts?

My thought is they should open up for them in the States also, but Im thinking of flying to Amsterdam to catch a show in my home country, so its not that bad. Great line-up.

It would be a great way for Oasis to regain some of their fanbase in the US and expose them to those that missed out the first time through. Their new music should be good, and their classic material still sounds fresh today, especially Def Maybe.

I really hope they at least mix it up more this time. I got really sick of PJ Harvey! (No offense to her fans)

Really can't see Oasis going on a lengthy tour as support for anyone, even U2. Can you really see the Gallaghers wanting to do that? It's all they can do to put on their own tour without falling apart, let alone one where they are playing as support. If they really cared about breaking America they would have done so already - Liam has made his opinions well known as far as touring America is concerned. As for Europe, definitely won't happen in the UK but possibly elsewhere for a few dates.

Man I hope not. I saw them open for U2 in Oakland in '97 and they were BORING :yawn:

Something more along the lines of No Doubt type of energy would be great. That was an opener where much of the crowd actually payed attention.......

Man, I hope not. Oasis have far too much ego to go out and play support to U2. Oasis still view themselves as one of the biggest bands on the planet, so I doubt their ego will allow them to do this unless it's billed as a double headliner. Maybe at the Glastonbury festival?

Lo-Fi said:
Man, I hope not. Oasis have far too much ego to go out and play support to U2. Oasis still view themselves as one of the biggest bands on the planet, so I doubt their ego will allow them to do this unless it's billed as a double headliner. Maybe at the Glastonbury festival?

Oasis did Glasto this year. They were terrible, pissed alot of people off and will never be invited back (and yes I am an Oasis fan also).

To be honest, I like Oasis but I think it would be a shame that one of the best bands of the 90s was reduced to playing a support slot - even if it was for U2.

Maybe they should hold a lottery and let local bands get a chance to play for a big audience. Isn't that what being an opening act is all about? Local bands need it far more then a Coldplay or an Oasis.

i would LOVE to see Oasis opening for U2. just listen to cast no shadow and youll see why theyre one of the best bands in the world. unfortunately it seems a bit far fetched.... :(

Na, I don't see it happening.
Keane, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers or Ryan Adams, all great suggestions- I would be delighted with any of these guys supporting.

After hearing the songs, I think Damien Rice would be the perfect opener. He's Irish, he's a brilliant singer songwriter and his style, specifically his stage presence would perfectly compliment U2 on this tour.

If you haven't heard or heard of Damien Rice, check him out. I know the Bonnaroo website has his Bonnaroo set on sale somewhere (similar to I-tunes) and it would be worth every cent to investigate.

Oasis would be amazing...although frankly anything but the bland crap being spewed by the new bands coming out of this country in the last year or so - I would have to register my dissaproval with a number of projectiles. And if it was Snow Patrol, sharp ones...

Quite frankly, given the sometimes eclectic mix of support bands, I would expect someone like Goldie Lookin Chain to support... Certainly be very entertaining.....

Back
Top Bottom