Oasis as possible opener next year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oasis would kick so much ass!

...if they are in a good mood. But if not...well, then it will be a crap show.

So Coldplay would be preferrable to Radiohead(dreaming out loud)? I think not.

Muad'zin said:
Maybe they should hold a lottery and let local bands get a chance to play for a big audience. Isn't that what being an opening act is all about? Local bands need it far more then a Coldplay or an Oasis.

Good idea! I think Sun Domingo should be the choice for the Southeastern USA.

www.sundomingo.com

If not SD, then Oasis would be the noise I'd want to hear.

Also mine 2 greatest bands OASIS-->U2.
But I don;t think they'll open the show. Why should they? They're having a UK summer tour now. They will fill the stadiums thereselves especially in England. And in US they're not waiting on a band like Oasis --> they have limp bizkit and green day.

discotheque77 said:
Also mine 2 greatest bands OASIS-->U2.
But I don;t think they'll open the show. Why should they? They're having a UK summer tour now. They will fill the stadiums thereselves especially in England. And in US they're not waiting on a band like Oasis --> they have limp bizkit and green day.

Oasis is being considered for the opening slot on the second US leg.

marcou2 said:
I don't think the U2 guys would get along with the Gallagers :madspit:

According to an article by Neil McCormick, U2 and Oasis got on like a house on fire during the PopMart tour. As McCormick's known Bono since they were kids, I have a bad habit of trusting what he says

sallycinnamon78 said:

According to an article by Neil McCormick, U2 and Oasis got on like a house on fire during the PopMart tour. As McCormick's known Bono since they were kids, I have a bad habit of trusting what he says
I bet they ended up fighting,lol
it's well known that Oasis sometimes leaves the stage after a few songs ( I went to see Oasis here in Toronto back in 2002 and they left the stage like after 70 minutes, fans (,ncluding me were upset!)
U2 would never do that, Oasis would support the U2 tour ONLY if the Gallagers are more mature than a few years ago and if they stop fighting in the hotels,lol

marcou2 said:

I bet they ended up fighting,lol
it's well known that Oasis sometimes leaves the stage after a few songs ( I went to see Oasis here in Toronto back in 2002 and they left the stage like after 70 minutes, fans (,ncluding me were upset!)
U2 would never do that, Oasis would support the U2 tour ONLY if the Gallagers are more mature than a few years ago and if they stop fighting in the hotels,lol

That's such a misnomer about Oasis. Yes the Gallaghers have had their differences. 70 minutes is far longer of a set than they would have even opening for U2 anyway lol. They're far more relaxed now that they're older than they were in the past.

They only leave the stage if the "fans" are cunts and throw shit at them. Sure they have fought in the past but the 2 times they've opened for U2 they've been on their best behaviour.

The Gallaghers and U2 get on fine. There was a whole article [and cover] in Propaganda during Popmart about it.

U2 + Oasis = Fantastic Show.

The "Claymates" on Clay boards think that Clay Aiken is going to be opening on some dates. I'd like to know what U2's fans on here think of that? (I love him btw).

Can't see Oasis supporting U2 in the UK 'cos their tour is around the same time as U2 are reported to be in the UK. I have tickets for Oasis on the 2nd July - if this clashes with U2 they will be on ebay.

bonoed said:
The "Claymates" on Clay boards think that Clay Aiken is going to be opening on some dates. I'd like to know what U2's fans on here think of that? (I love him btw).

The U2 fans would attack him for butchering Streets.

Which means I want him to open. One less pop star in the world can't be a bad thing.

One band that Bono likes is Black Motorcycle Rebel Club. Because of Bono, I bought some BMRC - and it is GREAT stuff! While they haven't been rumored to be anywhere near U2, I'd love to see them open for U2!! Far better than Radiohead (snooze) or Oasis (ego). And I fear Coldplay is a bit too popular right now for U2 - but they'd be another good one.

I've heard Scissor Sisters rumored. I wasn't horribly impressed with them on SNL, but some fans swear by them, so I might give them another chance. Opening for U2 would be that chance and great exposure for them.

However, if I had a wish, it would be BMRC. :yes:

Oasis are U2 fans, so they would be more than willing to support U2 (not that I like Oasis much).

bonoed said:

Are these people serious? Why would Clay open for U2? U2 tend to pick artists with similar styles. There are some exceptions, but over the years, most bands blend with U2. I think poor Clay would be booed off the stage if he opened for U2.

Also, while Clay does have a certain charm about him, I find he's very much like Josh Groban. Both Aiken and Groban have fantastic voices - technically far more powerful and stronger than Bono's. However, what they lack is depth, passion and soul. Bono is a good singer - even in his JT years. But his soul and passion that shines through his voice makes him one of the best rock singers ever. Until Aiken and Groban grasp this, they will always be good, but not great. "Good" is enough to sometimes sell millions of albums, as Aiken and Groban have done - but it's rarely enough to be remembered for long.

doctorwho said:
One band that Bono likes is Black Motorcycle Rebel Club. Because of Bono, I bought some BMRC - and it is GREAT stuff! While they haven't been rumored to be anywhere near U2, I'd love to see them open for U2!! Far better than Radiohead (snooze) or Oasis (ego). And I fear Coldplay is a bit too popular right now for U2 - but they'd be another good one.

BRMC are a fine band and would make a great support. There is no chance of Oasis, Radiohead or Coldplay doing it. Why on earth would bands who can sell out their own tours do a support slot?

cdparky said:

BRMC are a fine band and would make a great support. There is no chance of Oasis, Radiohead or Coldplay doing it. Why on earth would bands who can sell out their own tours do a support slot?

Oasis is a definite NO on the UK tour, this has already been confirmed by Oasis and their managment, however they are in discussions for US tour dates around the 2nd leg after Oasis' UK tour and likely European dates.

As for BRMC they are also not likely, they dont even have a record deal at the moment (they were dropped by Virgin months ago) and don't have a drummer as he quit the group.

Last edited:
brmc

just one slight correction. BRMC wasn't dropped by Virgin, they asked to leave after the label refused to release a second single from their last record.. and got out of their deal.

they have been actively shopping for a new home for months and have plenty of offers on the table as they are very popular within the industry. Last I heard they were just narrowing it down to who was the best fit, but that may have been delayed with the fallout of the drummer as they had to regroup to figure out their next move.

its very unlikely they would support b/c its doubtful they will have everything in place in time.. but i wouldn't rule out second US leg as the new BRMC will be out this year. long shot as they will have their own agenda.. but certainly a good one to consider.

Back
Top Bottom