Oakland, CA - Confirmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
Good Morning, I was able to get a smidge of info from my contact, and all I can tell you is that U2 will DEFINITELY be playing the Oakland Arena in CA on May 2 and 3, 2005.

Tickets will go onsale for this show on the weekend of January 22-23, 2005.

I also confirmed that there is no show for Detroit scheduled for the first leg.

That is all I have folks. More if I'm lucky enough to get it.

Hot diggity! These will be my first confirmed shows that I can go to!

bono_man2002 said:
Will all dates go on sale Jan 22-23rd?....i'd imagine all the First Leg ones will.

Not necessarily, disregarding presale dates it is likely the first legs onsale dates will be broken down just like they were for Elevation, some shows will go onsale one day, while others another day.

Ticketmaster will be getting throttled when U2 tickets go onsale from all angles (phone, in person, web), the best way to alleviate pressure on their workers and assure people of getting tickets with the least amount of hassle is to stagger the onsale dates.

No way in hell every First Leg show goes onsale the same day/weekend especially for shows as far off in the future from that time as the April and May dates.

Using this logic, it's likely the first shows will go onsale the previous weekend or even as soon as this coming weekend. I would not be surprised at all to see a tour announcement as early as Monday and the first onsale date being January 7th or 14th.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom