Now that COBL has opened a show, will Love/Peace open a show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:scratch:

Err...LAPOE has opened shows more than once.

COBL has opened the majority of shows on the tour.

Unless I'm missing something, you're about a year and a half too late with this thread.

DaveC said:
:scratch:

Err...LAPOE has opened shows more than once.

COBL has opened the majority of shows on the tour.

Unless I'm missing something, you're about a year and a half too late with this thread.

:laugh: I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this when I looked at this thread.

wicked!

I reckon they will open with City of Blinding Lights..

I feel they only opened with Vertigo in Europe because it was still light at 9.30 at night.
Even when COBL came on eventually it was still kind of light.

COBL is the obvious choice to open a show! its brilliant! they only changed it to vertigo in Europe cus of the light otherwise it would of opened up there too!

Axver said:
:huh:

LAPOE opened nine shows on Vertigo's first leg ...

I saw it open the first Seattle show. I liked the idea that they were swapping openers for west coast leg of the tour.

At the 3 Tokyo shows they will have total darkness - they might even go for 3 different openers!!!!

When it's dark at showtime, count on COBL as an opener...
Where the setlist is concert I would have a look at the South American setlists with, perhaps, the addition of the Saints....

Man, If I won the lottery tomorrow I would quit my job the day after tomorrow and be on a plane heading down under the same day in order to see the shows :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

U2FanPeter said:

At the 3 Tokyo shows they will have total darkness - they might even go for 3 different openers!!!!

They'll be in darkness in Australia as well. Sun is currently setting at about 7.30pm. I believe U2 are due onstage at least an hour later.

Earnie Shavers said:

They'll be in darkness in Australia as well. Sun is currently setting at about 7.30pm. I believe U2 are due onstage at least an hour later.

Will Hawaii be the only daylight u2 opener on leg 5?

If we do see LAPOE as an opener on these dates I would guess its likely to be at Saitama. However I think COBL will open the shows, with the exception of Hawaii if its still daylight.
I also think we will see two Vertigos in Hawaii, being the last show, but they will probably close out the tour with 40. Maybe the set will be similar to Dublin 3... with a song performed with Pearl Jam as well.

In all honesty LAPOE was the worst opener U2 ever had for those few shows last year, they would be crazy to even consider it again. City or Vertigo for me. I Belive City was a better opener with Vertigo straight after, how great.

U2FanPeter said:

Will Hawaii be the only daylight u2 opener on leg 5?

:huh:

Why on earth would Hawaii be a daylight opener? It's winter there!

I would love if they used Love And Peace Or Else to open the shows again, I think it's a better opener than COBL. It has a better intro (for an opener), it's more intense, not too long and it's the perfect song for Vertigo to follow. As much as I love COBL I don't think it's intense enough for an opener, too slow. It works better in the spot that it was on the European leg. The perfect beginning to me would be:

01. Love And Peace Or Else
02. Vertigo
03. All Because Of You
04. The Electric Co.
05. Elevation

:drool:

Now does anyone think they would open with Saints? Maybe Billie's voice over the speakers singing "There is a house in New Orleans" and then Bono coming in with, "I cried to my Daddy on the telephone, how long now?"

I would be screaming my lungs out.

Love & Peace "IS" the "BOMB" in How to Dismantle....Saw it at Anahiem 1 & the drama & mood of the Intro was the boys back to their best (ie. ZOO). Band walking in with handheld spotlights in darkness, Bono finishing on floor TOM.....'chaos!"....COBL is a great tune, but does'nt leave big enough a crater!!!

I'm a LAPOE fan, and they did rehearse it today, but later in the set, where I think it fits better. I like happy starts and dark midsections to my U2 concerts :D

Back
Top Bottom