North American 3rd Leg, Fall 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_acrobat said:
Regarding the Columbus show, technically YES it was a sellout. There were in excess of 17,000 at the show. I was there, and it was the best concert I've ever seen. Even better than other U2 shows I've seen. However, the seats behind the stage were not put on sale. There was a big curtain hung behind the band. Such was also the case at the Indianapolis concert. However, U2 could probably sell out both Columbus and Indianapolis FULLY now. They won't sell out in 10 minutes like some of these other shows. I get tired of the thought that if a show takes more than an hour to sell out, it must be a weak market. Even if a show sells out one hour prior to the concert, it still sold out, and the band still make just as much money as they would if the show sold out in 10 minutes.

U2 are much more popular now than they were then, as hard as that is to believe. Plus the concerts won't be for 6-7-8-9 months. They could sell out 3 shows in upstate Maine in that time.

May 7, 2001
Columbus, OH
Nationwide Arena
CAPACITY: 18,500
ATTENDANCE: 15,495
GROSS: $1,284,930
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $82.93

May 10, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Conseco Fieldhouse
ATTENDANCE: 15,088
SOLD OUT
GROSS: $1,210,988
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $80.26

There's no way in the world that U2 could sellout shows in Indianapolis and Columbus with a 360 end stage configuration at an average price of $100 this year. Unless of course Columbus was the only show scheduled for Ohio. And unless there's no show scheduled for Detroit, then Indianapolis would also sellout in a 360.

The Midwest is a weak market for them in general.

U2 is definitely not more popular than they were last tour in North America. In Europe however, that's a completely different story...

NoControl said:
U2 is definitely not more popular than they were last tour in North America.

Stop talking out of your arse. Just go and look at how HTDAAB has sold significantly quicker than ATYCLB and how Vertigo Tour concerts have sold quicker than Elevation Tour concerts.

End of story.

Axver said:

Stop talking out of your arse. Just go and look at how HTDAAB has sold significantly quicker than ATYCLB and how Vertigo Tour concerts have sold quicker than Elevation Tour concerts.

End of story.

I've gone over each market countless times. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh, PA - October 17th

it's listed on a couple of scalper websites already.

Any one hearing any Canadian Rumours as in Winnipeg for the third leg. Also are they going to Minneapolis or St. Paul?

NoControl said:

I've gone over each market countless times. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

And people have rebutted you countless times. YOU don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Could a U2.com subscriber please post the dates on Sunday night after they are revealed -- prevents the rest of us from getting in trouble looking at the bright blues of Interference.com at work.

Thanks

Axver said:

And people have rebutted you countless times. YOU don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Dont waste your breath with this guy. He is a smarmy-ass troll. Just don't feed the troll.

Axver said:

They've rebutted me? How so? LOL

I'm presenting facts and realistic views here. People like you are "fanboys" and when the truth is staring at you right in the face, you deny everything. You need to befriend objectivity...and fast. There are plenty of people here on this board who are travelling from all over North America outside of their own markets to attend these shows on the first leg because of the way it's scheduled. And scalpers in Denver can't get rid of the tickets they have because they're overstocked. If you've actually read this board, you'll quite clearly see that...

If I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, why is it when I predict something, the vast majority of the time it comes true? You wouldn't even know what a 180, 270 or 360 degrees end stage configuration is, let alone know wtf I'm talking about when I talk of it, etc., etc., etc...

And calling someone a troll because they've stated a differing opinion is best suited for "fanboys" like you who reign in la la land.

Look, both of you..a sellout is a fuckin sellout period. I don't care if it's seconds after the tickets go on sale or minutes before the show starts.

They are weaker in the midwest relative to elsewhere in the states, but let's just see what happens.

I hope U2 still are a bit weaker in the Midwest compared to the rest of the country because that might make it easier for me to get tickets!

I cant wait till threads like this are over with but then again people will find something else to argue about, like how fast a venue sold out or didnt sell out...all I can say to that really is get a life.

Don't worry i've heard through good sources ( My husbands a sound man in T.O ) and buddies of his are in the buisness have told him not to worry they are coming sometime in Sept.
I know in T.O they will supposedly be here for three nights because of high demand.
As for Calgary i am told not to worry they will be that way too not sure of the dates but around Sept i suspect.So hang in there!!!

BONOLUV said:
Don't worry i've heard through good sources ( My husbands a sound man in T.O ) and buddies of his are in the buisness have told him not to worry they are coming sometime in Sept.
I know in T.O they will supposedly be here for three nights because of high demand.
As for Calgary i am told not to worry they will be that way too not sure of the dates but around Sept i suspect.So hang in there!!!

Can't wait! :drool:

NoControl said:

The Midwest is a weak market for them in general.

You are so full of absolutes that it really got to be rather grating hearing your anti-midwest diatribes how they are a so-called "weak" market. I guess that U2 does not agree with you. Thank God they are smarter than you.

Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago (2 more), St. Louis, Omaha, and if you want to count Detroit and Columbus, go ahead. It looks like the midwest is very well represented, thank you very much. I would not even doubt they add another show before St. L .. perhaps even KC, OKC, Little Rock, etc. (a stretch, but there are some dates preceding the Omaha and STL swing)

NoControl said:
Here's my take on leg three:

September

16, 17 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre (38,000/Sold Out)
20, 21 Chicago, IL - United Center (38,000/Sold Out)
23 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center (18,000/17,000*)
25 Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center (18,000/17,000*)
27 Cleveland, OH - Gund Arena (20,000/Sold Out)
28 Auburn Hills, MI (Detroit area) - Palace of Auburn Hills (21,000/Sold Out)
30 Boston, MA - Fleet Center (17,000/Sold Out)

October

1 Boston, MA - Fleet Center (17,000/Sold Out)
4, 5 New York City, NY - MSG (36,000/Sold Out)
7, 8 East Rutherford, NJ (New York City area) - Continental Airlines Arena (38,000/Sold Out)
11, 12 Montreal, QC - Bell Centre (42,000/Sold Out)
14 Albany, NY - Pepsi Arena (15,000/Sold Out)
16 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (19,000/Sold Out)
18, 19 Washington, DC - MCI Center (38,000/Sold Out)
21 Hartford, CT - Civic Center (15,000/Sold Out)
22 Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena (18,000/17,000*)
24 Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena (17,000/14,000*)
26 Raleigh, NC - RBC Center (19,000/18,000*)
28, 29 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (41,000/37,000*)

November

1, 2 Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena (32,000/Sold Out)
4 Orlando, FL - TD Waterhouse Center (15,000/Sold Out)
7 Louisville, KY - Freedom Hall (18,000/16,000*)
9 Omaha, NE - Qwest Center (14,000/Sold Out)
10 St. Louis, MO - Savvis Center (17,000/Sold Out)
12 Houston, TX - Toyota Center (17,000/Sold Out)
13 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (18,000/Sold Out)
16 Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center (17,000/16,000*)
17 Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Center (18,000/Sold Out)
21, 22 Mexico City, MX - Sports Palace (42,000/Sold Out)
26, 27 Oakland, CA - Arena (35,000/Sold Out)
29, 30 Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center (35,000/Sold Out)

The shows that I don't think will sellout in a full 360 degree end stage configuration above will most likely have the capacity slightly reduced to make it look like they are sold out = *.

Cleveland will only sellout in a full 360 because there's apparently going to be no other Ohio shows. Detroit will only sellout in a full 360 because I doubt there will be an Indianapolis show. Houston will only sellout in a full 360 because there's apparently going to be no other Texan shows apart from Dallas. Atlanta will get two shows because there's apparently going to be no South Carolina (or possibly North Carolina) or Louisiana shows. And St. Louis will only sellout in a full 360 because I greatly doubt there's going to be a show in Kansas City.

Looks mostly right compared to the actual shows scheduled for the third leg, minus the exact dates (which would be next to impossible to predict). A few surprises though...

Back
Top Bottom