North American 3rd Leg, Fall 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like these rumors of the 3rd leg announcement is true. DAVE-FM (92.9) in Atlanta which has been promoting U2 like crazy since HTDAAB was released has a MAJOR announcement scheduled for Monday at 7:30am. "Listen for the biggest U2 news of the year." I just got it in an email from the station's mailing list...

I'm guessing if they make the announcement on Monday, ticket sales are likely to begin next week???

Monkey79 said:

I'm guessing if they make the announcement on Monday, ticket sales are likely to begin next week???

that should go over well with my dad just after we got the bill for the other two shows yesterday.:|

yea they do.. they play a majority of the new cd and a lot of the old stuff.. too bad they don't play more obscure stuff like Exit or The Unforgetable Fire.. hey Vertigo Gal come over to the Discoteque we all (the atlanta folks) talk about local stuff there..

lmjhitman said:
Just SOMEWHERE in Alberta. I don't really care - even Red Deer!

Right Booster??? :wink:

You BET! Wouldn't that be a major surprise. I got my vancouver GA's so I'm okay. If U2 announce a 3rd leg to Alberta, it will be a bonus for me.

boosterjuice said:

You BET! Wouldn't that be a major surprise. I got my vancouver GA's so I'm okay. If U2 announce a 3rd leg to Alberta, it will be a bonus for me.

A truely kickass bonus :D

Don't they realize that if they sell tickets again this early, it will just make the scalper issues worse? Fans who budgeted out their spring tour aren't ready for another sale...

Monkey79 said:
Looks like these rumors of the 3rd leg announcement is true. DAVE-FM (92.9) in Atlanta which has been promoting U2 like crazy since HTDAAB was released has a MAJOR announcement scheduled for Monday at 7:30am. "Listen for the biggest U2 news of the year." I just got it in an email from the station's mailing list...

I bet that the major announcement is that U2 is releasing another new album. There have been rumours regarding this. I guess they had a large quantity of left over songs from HTDAAB, including Mercy.

SWEET JAYSUS!!!!!

They can't do this to us!!!! My GOD..I'm just recovering from last month!!!!!! I don't even get my tax refund until early April!!!!!
I just paid my rent!!! My next check isn't until the 18th...

OH GOD!!!! Guess I'm on the phone with my friend again!!!

Lardence, I appreciate you wanting to beat the brokers but MY GOD!!!!! The best-connected broker can work in a week, esp with TM's help...

Quick: since I have an unused presale code, I have to know: how much were the GA's, anyone who got them, including fees? That's all I can try for this time, as that's all I can afford at this point...and luckily, I have a Sears near me so I can pay directly and have more money on my Discover card in only 48 hrs...

*hyperventilates*

Last edited:
Well, you know Bono & the Edge got to see what a cool city Little Rock, Arkansas is when they performed at the Clinton Library opening that I'm sure they'll want to include it in the 3rd leg'

Overall tickets sold much faster so far then the Elevation Tour in all markets including the usual strongholds for U2 so I expect that they can possibly add a few other dates that they wouldnt have thought about originally. I could care less if i was the only person in the crowd myself I expect U2 to come to Alberta someplace and I am still hearing whispers out of Rexall Place about U2 coming back to Edmonton.

I agree Yahweh. They should also come to Winnipeg. The could sell out the MTS centre in a second.

U2 Come to Winnipeg!!

I just got this from U2log.com:

Salt Lake City

March 03, 2005
At a recent season ticket holder's luncheon at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, U2 was reported to have reserved the arena for a December 17th concert.

just a subtle hint...

MANTLEMICKBNY-1.jpg

:wink:

a new album sounds very doubtful. the biggest U2 annoucment for me would be for them to come to Winnipeg in 2005. That would be amazing. I will probably go down minneapolis even if they dont come.

On my ride home from work, a Detroit radio station was promoting a "major U2 concert announcement" for Monday morning at 7 a.m. :dance: The DJ played like 5 U2 songs in a row and between each song repeated that there will be a concert announcement for Detroit Monday morning. :hyper:

yea I am thinking that is what the "big deal is about".. I really doubt that they woul release another record.. Someone had posted that in a prior thread. I am assuming u2 for Atlanta will be announced

Has there been any word as to how many shows will be on the 3rd leg?

How many shows were on the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour?

jame_0 said:
Has there been any word as to how many shows will be on the 3rd leg?

How many shows were on the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour?

Third leg of Elevation had 30 shows. However, the second US leg of U2 tours is almost always longer than the first (the only exceptions are Popmart and Elevation).

lmjhitman said:

I posted earlier that I had every confidence they would be coming to E-town, but I still have my anxieties! I'm in no position to really save much and travelling elsewhere is just not feasible so puhleeeaaaase say it's so U2!! If I miss this tour (missed Elevation) I'll be so heartbroken I don't know what I'll do!!

Regarding the Columbus show, technically YES it was a sellout. There were in excess of 17,000 at the show. I was there, and it was the best concert I've ever seen. Even better than other U2 shows I've seen. However, the seats behind the stage were not put on sale. There was a big curtain hung behind the band. Such was also the case at the Indianapolis concert. However, U2 could probably sell out both Columbus and Indianapolis FULLY now. They won't sell out in 10 minutes like some of these other shows. I get tired of the thought that if a show takes more than an hour to sell out, it must be a weak market. Even if a show sells out one hour prior to the concert, it still sold out, and the band still make just as much money as they would if the show sold out in 10 minutes.

U2 are much more popular now than they were then, as hard as that is to believe. Plus the concerts won't be for 6-7-8-9 months. They could sell out 3 shows in upstate Maine in that time.

Well I hope a)they do come to Columbus since I live here now and can't stand the thought of not seeing them in my hometown if I'm leaving to follow them around anyways and b)the tix don't go on sale for a little bit longer, I need some moola after the first leg

:huh:

i hope they announce the dates soon, but wait on the sale. i need so save money like the rest of the people.

Back
Top Bottom