Non propoganda member getting tickets...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray

Acrobat
Unfortunately i'm not a propaganda member, and new members don't have access to the presale. So I was wondering how hard it is for a non member to get good tickets without scalping, buying on ebay. etc.etc.etc.

Thanks

For me it was easier to get tickets for the General sale than for the pre-sale, so you still have a good shot at it. But you have to be both extremely fast and lucky to get good tickets. My advice is to make sure you know exactly what to do at the second when the tickets go on sale, and to figure out the fastest way to do it on your computer. I ended up getting GAs for 4 different shows during the General sale, so it's possible.

I got GA's after a second Philly date was added the morning of the general sale. Be patient and be prepared--keep refreshing to see if new dates are added.

Good luck!

Does going in person to the ticket outlet help at all? Taking a cellphone + laptop with you? 3-tiered assult on Ticketmaster?

I have heard that people who went to the ticket outlet - never got tickets. Some people here were the first or second in line and the ticket place did not let them in at 10:00 am - therefore the tickets were gone, I think your best bet is to do it online and via the phone.

Good Luck!

sortofhomecoming said:
I have heard that people who went to the ticket outlet - never got tickets. Some people here were the first or second in line and the ticket place did not let them in at 10:00 am - therefore the tickets were gone, I think your best bet is to do it online and via the phone.

I went thinking their computer system would show everything realtime instead of me at home on mine where one minute there AREN'T tickets, then there are, then there aren't, etc. I got a shit place in line though (they do a lottery), but we'd talked to the couple in front and they tried for my ticket. There was nothing left but upper level reserved so we quick went to my house. Me and the 6 other people trying with me got not one single thing online either (I started at 10:10, them at 10), but someone I know got like 6 tickets so who knows.

I got tickets for 2 Chicago shows being online and on the phone at the same time. Call Ticketmaster a few minutes early to get through the menus, and be hitting refresh on your brouser early...I would say 5-10 minutes, that was my mistake with Boston, I waited too long and didn't get a decent spot in line.

Canadiens1160 said:
Does going in person to the ticket outlet help at all? Taking a cellphone + laptop with you? 3-tiered assult on Ticketmaster?

Probably have a hard time finding a TM with a WiFi and that would allow you to use it in the store.

Back
Top Bottom