No offense to anybody here but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daygloeyes2 said:
The drama that went on Sunday night was insane. Bono pointed me out to a security guard during One as if to say pull her up. A girl got mad and pulled me back so the guard couldn't reach me and thought I didn't want to go up. :|

Regardless of that, I'm happy for those who got up.

Wow, sorry to hear that happened! :(
That's a horrific example of fans getting nasty. I would've been really :mad:

daygloeyes2 said:
The drama that went on Sunday night was insane. Bono pointed me out to a security guard during One as if to say pull her up. A girl got mad and pulled me back so the guard couldn't reach me and thought I didn't want to go up. :|

:mad:

See, it's shit like that ... what the hell is WRONG with some people?

OMG, if Bono pulls her onstage they'll get to be best friends forevah!!! I can't let her get up there!

{Homer Simpson}Urge to kill rising ... rising ...{/Homer Simpson}

daygloeyes2 said:

Regardless of that, I'm happy for those who got up.

Wow, that girl wouldn't have been alive today if she had have done that to me. :mad: Sorry to hear about that. Some "fans" are just ridiculous.

I was about three rows from the front on Mon. night and has about three people try to punch their way in front of me. Luckily I have a 300 pound husband and two other awesome guys around me to block out. My point is this: This is the one and only time I have ever sat in GA anywhere. I am only 5'3" and usually can't see crap. For this reason my butt got up at 5 am and froze so I could be about 100th in line. If you want to be close you work at it!! I am not down with getting in line at 6pm and getting to the front by brutal force it is just plain rude.
As far as the sign debate. All around me were signs and alot of them were just sloppy pen marks on pieces of white copy paper. Totally lame!!! I am all for signs but 1. make it a point to make it good and 2. If the band ignores it the first three thousand times you hold it up put it the f--- down!!!

Wow, dgeyes, I am sorry to hear that! :hug:

Sounds like it's getting worse as the shows go on. In Atlanta, there were some guys behind me who had somehow shoved their way up and I overheard them saying it was their goal to shove in next to me on the rail.

Um, no. They were 200 something and I was 40. HELL NO YOU'RE NOT!!!!!!!!! :angry:

And I believe my sign was justified because it is a damn good sign and took a lot of time and effort :sexywink: and it never bothered anyone since I was on the rail and held it over the rail, didn't hold it up or anything.

Makes me wish I had a seat instead of GA for Portland. I'll just be happy wherever I end up. Peace on earth, goodwill to fans who aren't assholes. :wink:

I hate the stress of GA!:crazy:

Don't stress---enjoy it!!! It was the most amazing concert experience I ever had.

Oh, believe me, I'll end up having a great time - out of 6 concerts (including Portland), I'll have had 5 GA, and only one so far has been less than great.

i completely agree with the original post.

a rabid group of GA'ers at a U2 show is the absolute fucking worst.

vicious folk.

I have been told by tour staff info that indicates that NOONE in the band, Adam included, but Bono especially, enjoys the signs all night. Of course Adam's not going to frown at you or scowl because of your sign, he's being photographed 24/7 lol. Not his nature either. Not to be sarcastic but you can hardly expect him to lean over and politely ask you to leave the signs at home.

There are only a couple of times during where your sign is welcome, otherwise the band wishes you weren't being so selfish and blocking others. For the majority of the show, they'd rather see you pogoing to the music all night.

:shrug:

Good topic for discussion. Learned the hard way ;)

Honestly, folks, we're all crackheads. And not "blue crackheads" in a good way. Look at us---we all post a dozen or more times a day and debate stuff that--honestly, in the big picture of it all--is pretty much meaningless. Some folks spend half their savings (or all of it) and halt their lives to follow the band on tour. Others get nothing accomplished at work because of checking the boards every five minutes looking for a reply or to play in a game. Still others (mainly girls, I've noticed, hoping to get up on stage) get more dressed up for a concert than they would for a wedding. Some get in heated arguments with people that they've never seen before because of discussions on a forum. Yet more feel that they deserve tickets, especially GA, or that they deserve to have U2 play in their hometown, for whatever littany of reasons.

Flame away, but we're all nuts. I'm not really talking about anyone or anything in particular, and I fully acknowledge that I am a nut, too. We're all a bit off.

I guess it says something about the power of U2's music.. :shrug: Or just that we're all social deviants. :wink:

gabrielvox said:
I have been told by tour staff info that indicates that NOONE in the band, Adam included, but Bono especially, enjoys the signs all night. Of course Adam's not going to frown at you or scowl because of your sign, he's being photographed 24/7 lol. Not his nature either. Not to be sarcastic but you can hardly expect him to lean over and politely ask you to leave the signs at home.

:rolleyes:

No, but he could also just ignore them, which is what I meant... He doesnt. He reads them, smiles and comments on them. :|

They could also just ignore the guy in the Bonoshades going: yo, yo, yo, Bono, Bono, Bono! Pull me up! Let me play!!! Yo! Yo! And they don't. So I hardly worry about my little pieces of paper (that are nicely printed) that I hold in front of me over the barrier for about 30 seconds thereby blocking no-one's views nor interrupting anyone's show with yo, yo, yo, yo's in their ear... :wink:

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:

There are only a couple of times during where your sign is welcome, otherwise the band wishes you weren't being so selfish and blocking others. For the majority of the show, they'd rather see you pogoing to the music all night.

:shrug:

Good topic for discussion. Learned the hard way ;)

Point noted. :up:

Despite the arguments above, I really think signs requesting songs aren't so cool. Imagine being a band member and being so psyched about putting on a show & getting the audience pumped, giving them what they've been looking forward to for the lat 6 months since they bought their ticket.....and then they tell you they'd rather hear songs that you're not playing. Pretty crappy feeling, eh? :|

Or, imagine being the five-foot-two girl 5 rows back in GA who is going to only one show and paid a fortune to a scalper....who then has half the show blocked out by a sign telling Bono it's someone's birthday & they want to get on stage? Pretty crappy, too.

i guess i'm in prime form today! :wink:

I hold no shame with announcing that Im on Interference a lot. However it doesn't affect my work schedule since Im a writer and use the internet anyway for my work. Like think of U2 as my healthy addiction :wink:

Ok on the topic back to hand I personally have no problem with the signs. However, I believe they should be legit ones instead of just some scribble. If someone is honestly putting some time and effort into their sign than go for it! As long as it's not disrupting anyone of course. But I have stated before that I thought the nastiness was growing worse. Am I sincerely happy for those that make it onto stage? Why yes I can honestly say that I am. Would I love to be dancing with Bono sometime? Yes but it's not my main goal for wanting to do GA. Just would love to experience the floor seats never mind how far back I am. Hey it would be an absolute bonus if I were to touch a band member's hand! Both concerts I went to I did the reserved seats and had the time of my life! For me it was all about being there with the band I have admired and loved for years. Oh and the rude comments during the shows by other people around me are pretty uncalled for! If you can't check your jealousy at the door. Or if you are not able to control your mouth with rude remarks than don't come! Personally I don't want my experience ruined by some jerk.

Ok sorry for the long post hope I was making sense in terms of the topic :reject:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

:rolleyes:

No, but he could also just ignore them, which is what I meant... He doesnt. He reads them, smiles and comments on them. :|

They could also just ignore the guy in the Bonoshades going: yo, yo, yo, Bono, Bono, Bono! Pull me up! Let me play!!! Yo! Yo! And they don't. So I hardly worry about my little pieces of paper (that are nicely printed) that I hold in front of me over the barrier for about 30 seconds thereby blocking no-one's views nor interrupting anyone's show with yo, yo, yo, yo's in their ear... :wink:

Well I wasnt necessarily referring to the signs you do Miroslava but if want to personalize this, Im sorry to say that if Adam was asked whether or not he'd rather see someone freaking out to the music or flipping thru multiple signs like its a Bob Dylan song, I would hazard to say he'd rather see someone freaking out.

Adam reads and comments on your signs? Wow, never knew that. LOL But like I said, Adam smiling at you means nothing more than when he smiles at me too when I give him the thumbs up when I recognize certain little flourishes that he adds to the songs live that arent on the studio cuts. So what?

As for the yo yo yo bullshit - and your snide comment about whether they want to let me play or not (nice catty dig there) - where exactly does that come from? You mentioned that in Detroit as well, when I had only done that once, in the first leg, before I spoke to John about the etiquette of being pulled up. I was corrected, and I stopped doing it. I didn't even have signs for MOST of the shows I went to, I forgot them in my car or at the hotel. Most people who have hung out with me at U2 shows laugh at how little I was doing to try and get up, with such a strong desire to get up and play they thought I should have better signs, have them with me more frequently, etc etc.

Like I said, you mentioed that before and I dont know where it came from - maybe someone else told you something that bothered them and it's been exagerrated? Let them post about it then...I certainly havent stood behind you at any concerts that I can recall....as a matter of fact, we've only been at 2 or 3 of the same shows out of my 14...

I'm wondering if the reason Bono decided to bring up Santa & Elvis for MW and no one for WOWY was to not devastate this poor guy who had this huge sign (and left it up for long periods of time) that said "All my wife want's for Christmas is a Dance" and then on the back "Please Help Me".

Remember where you were standing in Pittsburgh?

Right behind me. I had half an evening filled with yo's and your sign over my head. :lol: I was still happy for you when you got up in Detroit, and you know that. :)

And I am not pissed, just throwing some of the sarcasm you threw my way back at you. Rules of the game babe :wink:

As far as Adam, we're getting married and he's my bestest friend :angry: Don't know what you're talking about.

:lol:

ETA: Oh, and as for me spending the show spazing out, jumping up and down, I am sad to report that there is plenty of visual evidence to substantiate the fact that this is how I spend 90% of the show. :lol:

Last edited:
From what I saw the signs at the Boston shows were about as interesting and exciting as going to a football game and having a fan hold up a "D" and a fence.:huh:

Not getting pulled up during One wasn't what pissed me off. Had Bono not even acknowledged me and chosen another fan, I would have been fine. But the fact that someone intentionally sabotaged what would have been a nice moment is what made me mad.

As I said in another thread, I had an amazing night regardless of one rude person. The wonderful memories I have of that night far outweigh the one bad moment. I was mere feet away from my favorite band all night. Hell, it's 3 days later and I still have no voice because I was singing and screaming so much. :lol: So aside from one rude person, December 4th was probably one of the best nights of my life.

I think signs are kind of fun as long as they don't get in people's way. I've only ever had one, for Detroit II, I made one for my friend Renee that said "Fan Since 1984" and then I stood next to her and mine read "...Born In 1984...still a superfan!". They were small cloth signs and since we were in front, we taped them to the rail so they didn't block anyone's view and we didn't have to mess around with them during the show.

As for getting pulled onstage, I can't dance, sing, speak other languages, or play guitar so I'm happy to be singing along and dancing around on the floor. Getting pulled up for WOWY would be cool since I wouldn't have to do anything, but it's not like I try or bring a huge sign begging for it. I think if you feel jealous or disappointed if you don't get picked, you have some issues to work on. I have met a few girls who give other people looks of death when they don't get pulled up or they don't get smiled at by Bono. These kids need to grow up or find a crappy band and be a groupie.

ramblin rose said:
I'm wondering if the reason Bono decided to bring up Santa & Elvis for MW and no one for WOWY was to not devastate this poor guy who had this huge sign (and left it up for long periods of time) that said "All my wife want's for Christmas is a Dance" and then on the back "Please Help Me".

yes i noticed that sign in the ellipse. glad i was on the other side of the ellipse because he had that sign up for long periods of time.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I think if you feel jealous or disappointed if you don't get picked, you have some issues to work on. I have met a few girls who give other people looks of death when they don't get pulled up or they don't get smiled at by Bono. These kids need to grow up or find a crappy band and be a groupie.

Lies: :love:

daygloeyes2 said:
So aside from one rude person, December 4th was probably one of the best nights of my life.

Today, December 7th, however, will be a day that will live in infamy. :wink:

Sorry about the evil chick! Sounds like you need to develop a good Daygloeyes2 Skankeye, along with a SkankRightHook... :wink:

the only reason I'm planning to get on stage is because it's my first full-fan U2 show (in 98 I had 13 when Popmart came here), and because I think this is the most jovial tour ever, with the most fans being puled up to stage than ever.,.

and next time, in 3 or 4 years, it won't be the same...

besides, who doesn't want to see Larry dancing Fast Cars with some girl? :sexywink:

and besides... all the sing/going up on stage is Bono's fault, not ours :laugh:

Utoo said:

Sorry about the evil chick! Sounds like you need to develop a good Daygloeyes2 Skankeye, along with a SkankRightHook... :wink:

I sort of did that. When that moment happened, I was 2-3 rows back in the ellipse. With the help of my brother, who was even angrier than I was, I somehow wound up in her spot right up against the rail. :shifty:

As I told the girl when she asked for her spot back, karma is a bitch. :macdevil:

Back
Top Bottom