No more, No More!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coach

War Child
No more SBS/BTBS for the fourth leg please!!!!!!!

Lets try please!, or exit, or love is blindness, but give bullet a rest, please!!!!!

DPB you want to diss the Miss?!

That's the one song I'm looking forward to the most...

I can't believe it's like 6 weeks away! agggrgrghrgjg;kdf;f

i agree.

I got the Chicago Vertigo DVD and have watched it 4 or 5 times. I haven't watched SBS or bullet yet. I just skip right over it.

yes, BTBS has lost its intensity and Bono doesn't sound as passionate as before. I vote for it to go away too.

I was already tired of it already. The two things I enjoyed about it still was
1) the solo - which changed on this tour and isnt nearly as good.
2) Bono's rant at the end - which he's not doing anymore, instead it's the "johnny marching home" which is dreadful.

namkcuR said:
Bullet is still one of the best parts of the show.

Yeah, I agree that the DVD version sucks, but you can't count on that.

Bullet has progressed quite a bit since then, so has SBS, and they work brilliantly.

I think this is the best Bullet ever.

When I saw it in Boston in December Bullet was awesome, but my all time favorite performance of it would be a toss up, both on the Elevation tour, the one on the Boston DVD is AMAZING, but there's also a lot of power in the Slane performance of it.

It's iconic U2, you can't take it out of the mix, granted though it's usually used for any number of politcal messages and the Vertigo tour version usually lacked that...so bring back the ad libs and messages.

As for removing SBS? Are you on crack, a U2 show would have a giant hole without it.

powerhour24 said:
As for removing SBS? Are you on crack, a U2 show would have a giant hole without it.

I guess half of Popmart, most of ZooTV, and all of Lovetown had giant holes then?

SBS shouldn't have been played on Elevation, but it's been decent enough this tour that I think it should stay. I wouldn't miss it, though. The War classic that should be retained is New Year's Day.

DignityPassesBy said:
nah SBS is better than new years day .... the slane dvd version is worthy of a :drool:

Oh man, hate the Slane version. SBS is such a plod in the park for the first half. It picks up a bit, but still ... I could live happily without it.

Edge's New Year's Day soloing rules. That song is all about how brilliant he is, and Bono can't ruin it with bad vocals.

Agree, drop them both and replace with some lesser-played gems. It's just a matter of retiring them for a little while, not going away forever. I've seen them played on every tour since JT and I'd welcome the change.

Back
Top Bottom