No Finland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2C

War Child
No Finland?

December 17, 2004
Newspapers in Finland report that U2 apparently has to skip a show in Finland, as the Olympic Stadium has been reserved for the World Championships in Athletics 2005 next August. (Thx M)

They should organise some arena shows for finland....i guess they'd have to play 3-4 shows to make up for the stadium.....so they couldnt fit that into the schedule...

now, they have 2 options :

Helsinki, Olympiastadium.
Helsinki, Hartwall-Areena.

Olympic Stadium is out of the question because of the stupid world championships and Hartwall Arena is too small. I can't get over this. :| But fortunately it's easy and rather cheap in Europe to travel to another country to see the band!

I've been a member for a while, but not someone who posts. I thought I should now become an active member.

I'm so so so sad that U2 won't be playing in Finland.:( :( :(

Do any of you know if U2 will be playing in Stockholm???

How would I go about getting tickets to a show in Stockholm, Amsterdam, or Oslo???

I really need help since I don't speak or pronounce correctly enough Finnish to make a difference.

I would appreciate any help that anyone could give to me.

I don't want GA tickets since I'll be bringing my family with me and I think for safety reasons it would be best to have seats.

PLEASE HELP!!!

ForeverYoung, I don't think that U2 will play in Stockholm, it seems that their only concert in Sweden would be in Gothenburg.

I'm afraid I can not give you good advice with the tickets... If you join u2.com (it costs $40) you will be able to buy four tickets to one stadium show before the tickets go on public sale. I've done that and I'm hoping to get tickets to one of the Dublin shows.

You've done the right thing by coming here! Maybe you could ask here in the forum if someone in Sweden, Norway or The Netherlands could buy you and your family tickets to a U2 show? Or ask them where and how they will purchase their tickets? This is such an international forum and as far as I know, fans like to help each other out. :)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask!!

Thanks for your info Ava79.
I should join U2.com, but I figured the advanced tickets that I could buy would only be GA tickets.
My son is 15, but my daughter is only 7 years old and I REALLY want them to see U2 live. Since my daughter is only 7, I really need sitting tickets.

Who do I call here in Finland to purchase U2 tickets in Sweden???

I wouldn't want to ask someone to purchase tickets for me since I need 4 tickets with seating next to each other. Also there will probably be a limit to how many tickets you can purchase at one time.

Why is it they almost always have european promoters who create such headaches for fans by having so few dates and a mad scramble for tickets?

I feel bad for my euro compatriots.

ForeverYoung said:
Thanks for your info Ava79.
I should join U2.com, but I figured the advanced tickets that I could buy would only be GA tickets.
My son is 15, but my daughter is only 7 years old and I REALLY want them to see U2 live. Since my daughter is only 7, I really need sitting tickets.

Who do I call here in Finland to purchase U2 tickets in Sweden???

I wouldn't want to ask someone to purchase tickets for me since I need 4 tickets with seating next to each other. Also there will probably be a limit to how many tickets you can purchase at one time.

Yes, I also think that with a 7-year old you should have seats...

Why don't you ask some of the travel agencies in Finland about the tickets? I think they should and could organize your family a nice concert trip to Sweden, for example. Or another thing is to get in touch with someone in Sweden (start a post here: "CALLING FOR SWEDES!") and ask them where they get the tickets and ask for a phone number and / or e-mail address. I don't think it would be a problem to order the tickets from Sweden and I also don't think you have to speak Swedish for that, they do understand English...

There is also a Swedish u2 site, www.u2.se. There's a forum and I'm sure you can get help or at least some good hints from them. Give it a try and good luck! :up:

It really isn't fair that we Finns always end up with the wooden spoon! It least were U2 are concerned! And now that you have to own a credit card to re-subscribe to u2.com I can't even get tickets to any of their other concert dates in Europe!!:sad:

hcbiggs2002, are you on the u2finland mailing list? If not, join it immediately! You can find it on the yahoo groups. Several Finns are going abroad to see U2 live and I'm sure we can help each other out with the tickets! I'm probably going to Dublin and as a member of u2.com I can buy 4 tickets, so if you'd be interested... let me know! :)

Thanks Ava for your kind offer to help me get tickets. I just might take you up on it. But I have other U2 pen pals here in Finland who might also help me get tickets and who with I've been to concerts with in the past. Last time was the Slane castle gig in 2001. If you're interested in being pen pals my e-mail address is hcbiggs2002@yahoo.com.co.uk. I also might end up going to Dublin again this time round.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom