New Yorkers - can ya just feel it coming???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
sleep will not be easy to come by this weekend... :shrug: oh well.

hangovers and sleep deprevation :up:

I know. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. But it will be worth it!! 23 hours until my plane leaves!

oktobergirl said:

I know. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. But it will be worth it!! 23 hours until my plane leaves!

My plane leaves in about 5 hours. I'm doing a constant Continental Airlines flight status refresh. It has only rained in Dallas about 5 times in the last 4 or 5 months. Of course today there has to be bad weather.:| I figure worse case scenario I have all night and most of the day tomorrow to get from here to there.

chiso said:
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

I can't wait to see U2 on the 10th, 11th, and 14th!! I have midterms on the 11th and 14th, so U2 are going to be the greatest cathartic experience ever!!!!!!!! :eek:

You don't understand (or maybe you do :wink: ). I've loved U2 since I was a little kid (Since 12... I'm 20 now), but never saw them live. And for me to see them 5 (FIVE) times this year is simply amazing!!!!!

U2 and MSG together are like nothing else!!!!

wow that is strangely similar to my life story. became a u2 fan when i was young, now am 20. have never been to any u2 shows till last year when i saw the brooklyn gig and now have seen a total of 5 shows. o and going to 10/11 and 10/14, my midterms come after, thank god.

Diane L said:

Bono has to atone for wearing that Red Sox jersey in Boston, after all!!!

definetly, plus I'll be at the game so that would be cool, although theres no chance in hell of it happening.

i will be takin' the subways and the commuter trains all weekend... if ya stop doin' what ya always do the terrorists win yadda yadda yadda all that good stuff.

look... this isn't the first time we've had announcements like this. it's become part of the "new reality" of living, working and playing in and around new york city. just rest assure that the biggest and best police force in the world is and always has been on the case.

keep your plans the same... no need to change anything... no need to be scared. just, as anyone from the nyc metro area has been doing for years already, leave extra time for security checks, and as the line goes... if you see something, say something. :shrug:

don't let this warning ruin your trip to our fine city.

ramblin rose said:
I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.:crack:

:hyper:

i haven't slept well in three days...packing just now and i leave at 6 in the morning. Call or text me when you get in!

ruffian said:

i haven't slept well in three days...packing just now and i leave at 6 in the morning. Call or text me when you get in!

Yay! I'm not the only one who hasn't slept in days :wink: I'm exhausted from yesterday and the shows haven''t even begun :hyper: :hyper: :dancing: :dancing:

I will try scouting you out on the GA line tomorrow :wave:

Hmm ... my mom hasn't called me telling me to cancel my New York trip based on the news today ...

Apparently, my mother no longer loves me. :sad: :wink:

Every night for the past week, I've laid down to go to bed, and then my brain and imagination start racing about all sorts of wacky concert scenarios.

How's a girl supposed to get her beauty sleep? How, I ask you!

one4u2 said:

Yay! I'm not the only one who hasn't slept in days :wink: I'm exhausted from yesterday and the shows haven''t even begun :hyper: :hyper: :dancing: :dancing:

I will try scouting you out on the GA line tomorrow :wave:

awesome! would love to meet you!

corianderstem said:
Hmm ... my mom hasn't called me telling me to cancel my New York trip based on the news today ...

Apparently, my mother no longer loves me. :sad: :wink:

Every night for the past week, I've laid down to go to bed, and then my brain and imagination start racing about all sorts of wacky concert scenarios.

How's a girl supposed to get her beauty sleep? How, I ask you!

:crazy: tell me about it.

you will have the time of your life at MSG - twas an amazing time for me back in May. enjoy and say g'day to the boys for me.

forecast calls for a chance of heavy rain... the leftovers from the tropical storm that florida got earlier in the week.

it does appear right now that lots of the rain is moving to the west of the city... but there's so much of it that i seriously doubt it'll miss all together. just be prepared for some on and off heavy showers.

11577bloomberg.jpg

mayor bloomberg taking the subway to work this morning...

the amtrak section of penn station... i.e. the entrance on 8th & 33rd... i.e. the area where the garden asked GA fans to line up... oy

Back
Top Bottom