New York V Setlist Watch and Party - the REAL one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
After a false start and a humorous restart, here we go, the REAL setlist party for U2's fifth night in New York. The last time U2 played five consecutive shows in one city was during their seven night stand in Melbourne in October 1989 on the Lovetown Tour, so who knows what could happen tonight! Will we see some much-anticipated variety? Will some songs debut on tour? Will I throw something off a bridge?

So grab some chocolate and a refreshment of choice and kick your feet up by the computer, because this promises to be interesting!

Woo Hoo!

I've heard musings of rumors on the various threads today, but they haven't been very clear. There was something about u2midwest? Does anyone know what's going on? Is the edge on fire yet? When will I see you again? Where do we go? Where do we go from here? :D

On U2log they have an article about singing the "shine like stars" line after WOWY and someone posted a comment that the line was sung at the Toronto show where Fast Cars was premiered.

I don't remember this. Is this correct?

Harbinger said:
Jump on a fast train, out in the driving rain, run to the garden tonight.

Go!

YES.

If I were near a U2 show - let alone a fifth night! - I would so be going.

Harbinger said:
Woo Hoo!

I've heard musings of rumors on the various threads today, but they haven't been very clear. There was something about u2midwest? Does anyone know what's going on? Is the edge on fire yet? When will I see you again? Where do we go? Where do we go from here? :D

from someone in the u2midwest group:

"so i was talking with edge after the sat nite show at msg...i asked him if they were gonna play MOFO...since i had my sign up the last couple of shows...and he said they r paracticing it...then i asked if they will paly it monday..and he said it was too soon....and obviously they never palyed it.

then on monday after bono signed for about 200 people...as he walked to his truck i had my sign up again....and he pointed to it and yelled it coming! its coming!! "

Who wants to rent a helicopter, land on MSG, and shimmy down a wire right into the Ellipse with me? :yes:

Chizip said:

from someone in the u2midwest group:

"so i was talking with edge after the sat nite show at msg...i asked him if they were gonna play MOFO...since i had my sign up the last couple of shows...and he said they r paracticing it...then i asked if they will paly it monday..and he said it was too soon....and obviously they never palyed it.

then on monday after bono signed for about 200 people...as he walked to his truck i had my sign up again....and he pointed to it and yelled it coming! its coming!! "

OK, that clears it up quite nicely, thanks.

So hopefully we'll see it tonight...

And maybe some other surprises, too? *cough*An Cat Dubh*cough*sneeze*Gloria*sputter*New Years Day*cough* :drool:

Oh man, I'm not really a big MOFO fan, but if they played this song tonight, and took it with them for the rest of the tour...and it opened the first encore at my show....well....i'd probably just :combust:

Hey everyone! My mom and dad are both at the concert tonight (w/out me, boo hoo)!!! Tonight should be amazing, show number 5!!!! I know the band did not come out for autographs before the show because it was pouring. My mom said she is going to try and call me at some of my favorite songs, yay!!!! So, saying as I am new here, I just had a request that someone please tell me when we are going to a different thread because obviously my mom isnt here to tell me when, thank you!!! I look forward to seeing how the setlist turns out tonight!!! :love:

Which is why she should
Jump on a fast train, out in the driving rain, run to the garden tonight.

Go!
:D

Axver, when was the last time Mofo was played live? If it's played, what will that mean in terms of previous openers being played (or at least snippeted) this tour? Pretty good, no?

Axver said:
Mother fucking rock and roll, HELL YEAH! :rockon:

party0007.gif

Wooooooo-haaaaaaah!!!!!

circa1992 said:
Hey everyone! My mom and dad are both at the concert tonight (w/out me, boo hoo)!!!

What??!?? Shame on them!!:shame:
We're glad to have ya, even if those ungrateful people aren't! :wink:

Harbinger said:
Axver, when was the last time Mofo was played live? If it's played, what will that mean in terms of previous openers being played (or at least snippeted) this tour? Pretty good, no?

Mofo was last played live at the last Popmart show on 1998-03-21 in Johannesburg, South Africa.

The 'openers not played on other tours' is an over-emphasised situation. If Mofo is played this tour, it'll leave the following five songs as the only songs to open concerts and not be played on more than one tour: With A Shout, Rejoice, Wire, Hawkmoon 269, God Part II.

You know what would be heart-explodingly gorgeous?

"Slow Dancing"(Acoustic Edge & Bono)/"Bad"

ramblin rose said:
I don't think One4u2 will survive if they play Gloria tonight.:|

:scream: I'd jump off a building!

I'm dying over here! You're all killing me why all of a sudden tonight of all nights do I feel like I'm missing something? I still have msg in November:sad: and I've seen 4 shows already :|

Um, 'scuse me guys, but can someone tell me the name of the song that U2 comes out to? :shifty:

Lancemc said:
You know what would be heart-explodingly gorgeous?

"Slow Dancing"(Acoustic Edge & Bono)/"Bad"

You know what'd be even more gorgeous?

One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming --> Where The Streets Have No Name

:drool:

circa1992 said:

Thanks! I'm 13 years old btw

That's what I figured, since not much else happened circa 1992 except for the release of AB. Oh, and the original Dream Team. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom