New York V Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

... to be disappointed?

I seriously cannot believe this is the FIFTH NIGHT setlist. It's a great set under normal circumstances, but to play it five shows in a row in the same city with just a couple of minor alterations in the early portion is disappointing, to say the least.

I have to say I agree somewhat. They mixed it up more two nights in Chicago. Its very surprising, encore could make up for it but I have a bad feeling now. Still, I'm sure its a great show and I actually like the current setlist (semi rut) order they have going right now. :shrug:

RavenBlue said:
Oh man, to hear Pride live in person must be something else. I usually get goosebumps listening to it anyway, but to hear it live must be extraordinary!

THIS, folks, is why U2 plays what they do. Not all of us have seen them 30 times. If I went to a U@ show, I would want to hear Pride and Streets and WOWY, etc.

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings Snippet
5. GLORIA
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While
7. Beautiful Day / ??? Snippet
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/ 'Torna A Surriento' Snippet
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (I think) / When Johnny Comes Marching Hope
13. Miss Sarajevo
13. Pride
14. Where The Streets Have No Name

RavenBlue said:
Oh man, to hear Pride live in person must be something else. I usually get goosebumps listening to it anyway, but to hear it live must be extraordinary!

it's funny cuz I usually skip it on the bootlegs and wish they'd drop the song, but of course I love it when I'm actually there. And it is in pretty good shape this tour. but seriously, any setlist changes I suggest don't affect my experience that much... I just fucking love being at a U2 concert and I enjoy every song they play.

of course if they played Discotheque I'd orgasm and die.

kellyahern said:

My Dad is. I liked TNG the best :)

Yes, it is the best....i just can't watch the original series...Shatner bugs me....i also never could get into Deep Space Nine, and i never gave Voyager or Enterprise a chance......i'm realizing that i have to be such a nerd to have decided to stay in on a friday night to study, only to find myself on a U2 fanatic web site discussing how TNG is superior to other star trek shows.

Still praying for Disco...can you imagine Edge slowing the song down with his weird guitar like they did on Popmart and then Adam to gradually start playing the bassline to Dirty Day? Some people's pants wouldn't be dry.

:wave:

So, I've gotten around to making a FAQ post. These are the questions I've covered so far:

Arcade Fire song
Opening bands
general GA info
Eclipse vs. Ellipse and the how-tos and cut off times
cameras
rear-view seats
lip synching

I know I'm missing stuff. Anything else that I haven't thought of? I've mostly posted links to the answers in various threads around the board and on u2.com.

25 Years ago today:

10/14/1980 KRO Studios - Hilversum, Netherlands
11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, Touch, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, A Day Without Me, Twilight, The Electric Co., Stories For Boys, Boy-Girl, Out Of Control
encores: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
comment: Less Than 50 people in attendance

13 years ago Today:

10/14/1992 Houston Astrodome - Houston, Texas
Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Unchained Melody, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Dirty Old Town, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, Satellite Of Love, Redemption Song, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Where The Streets Have No Name, Pride (In The Name Of Love), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stand By Me
encores: Desire, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), With Or Without You, Love Is Blindness, Can't Help Falling In Love

U2dork said:

So, I've gotten around to making a FAQ post. These are the questions I've covered so far:

Arcade Fire song
Opening bands
general GA info
cameras
rear-view seats
lip synching

I know I'm missing stuff. Anything else that I haven't thought of? I've mostly posted links to the answers in various threads around the board and on u2.com.

:love:

:drool:

U2dork said:

Arcade Fire song
Opening bands
general GA info
cameras
rear-view seats
lip synching

I love you.

AtomicBono said:

it's funny cuz I usually skip it on the bootlegs and wish they'd drop the song, but of course I love it when I'm actually there. And it is in pretty good shape this tour. but seriously, any setlist changes I suggest don't affect my experience that much... I just fucking love being at a U2 concert and I enjoy every song they play.

of course if they played Discotheque I'd orgasm and die.

*nods* i always want to hate pride when it first starts and then i get a bit choked up by the second verse and then i'm a pogoing mess by the end. erm, during shows, i mean. not, like, in my living room. i don't listen to pride in my living room.

and yes, discotheque is a HUGE rush. it was a good death.

Lila64 said:
SETLIST:

3. Elevation
5. GLORIA
8. Miracle Drug
10. Love & Peace Or Else
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (I think) / When Johnny Comes Marching Hope
13. Miss Sarajevo
13. Pride
14. Where The Streets Have No Name

NOT A COMPLAINT! :wink:

just pointing out that there's two #13's

But I'm not complaining. :tongue:

i pray they play Disco in LA on the second night...i mean if they play it the first night too, that's just fine and good for those people...but i need to hear it live

okay, whoever posted this version of One, I love you. Very good version, whatever he's singing at the end is neato. and now I'm gonna listen to ZS.

goodnight RavenBlue :wave;

SETLIST:

3. Elevation
5. GLORIA
8. Miracle Drug
10. Love & Peace Or Else
13. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS

14. Pride
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

Sorry about the incorrect numbering - shoot me! :reject:

(Bye to those leaving :wave: )

bridonohue said:
http://s62.yousend it .com/d.aspx?id=0NLLMLZQPIC6C31I4BY3F374ND

here's the original zoo station opening i asked about, if anyone is interested.

i haven't listened to these yet b/c i'm still too caught up in the acrobat, but thanks for downloading.

also, i'm baking cookies for a potluck tomorrow. smores and peanut butter with reeses pieces. store-bought bake and break, of course, but i thought you all should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom