New York IV Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest, although it kind of fell flat at Boston 1 I really loved it at Boston 2. :shrug:

It's one of my favorites off Zooropa, but I think they're playing it a bit too much. If they really want to go adult contemporary, they could switch it up with Stay or Staring at the Sun or SOMETHING!

jcoriha said:
Bono went on record saying that the acoustic single mix of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is the more definitive version. It's the one song on Achtung Baby they said they were the least pleased with at the time they released the album.

bono calls the one on the album the "sonic" feel of it.

mixed by Lillywhite

inmyplace13 said:
It better be The First Time segue into Mofo

for the first time, i feel........

dananananananadananananadanananandadadadada

LOL!!!!

inmyplace you live in San Marcos? I thought I was the only U2 fan in this small town.

Could it be that Larry's arm/elbow problems are causing the "acoustic" encore? Less strain on his right arm? I saw someone else speculating about that....not trying to justify anything...just need a reason!! Any reason...

Well now that I'm done watching baseball... I can take part in my first set-list party. HOORAY!!! Hopefully some suprises in store for the second encore. Key word, hopefully. For now, I'll keep quiet on my love for The First Time in fear of getting beaten by party regulars :reject:

if they don't play a rocker after the first tiome, there MUST be something wrong...

maybe all that talk about Larry's arm is true...

let's hope not and they play Mofo or whatever... THE FLY :sad:

stuck in a moment.

BRUTAL.

i've seriously run out of words to describe how uninspired u2 is.

i mean does ANYONE want to hear that song EVER played live again? wow.

angelordevil said:

How about going for this guy first?

5DskhCqO.jpg

Yes, I'm going to skin him and make a nice little hat. :evil:

:grumpy:

so everyone find First Time utterly boring at the concerts? I don't, and no one around me ever seems to be snoozing... :hmm:

Dear U2,

When I wrote 'first night' earlier, it was a TYPO. You were not meant to take it seriously. This is the FOURTH night. Why the hell aren't you playing a setlist appropriate for the occasion?

Sincerely,
I Was Excepting A Better Set

catlhere said:
Well now that I'm done watching baseball... I can take part in my first set-list party. HOORAY!!! Hopefully some suprises in store for the second encore. Key word, hopefully. For now, I'll keep quiet on my love for The First Time in fear of getting beaten by party regulars :reject:

I thought The First Time sounded very nice in concert...I enjoyed it.

one4u2 said:

They didn't play it last night, we got the zoo station/fly instead :happy:
I know. And I thought that's what they were going to play again tonight if they bothered to rehearse and play those songs again. Don't get me wrong I like The First Time but what about that amazing ne version of Discothèque?

ruffian said:
so everyone find First Time utterly boring at the concerts? I don't, and no one around me ever seems to be snoozing... :hmm:

People who have been there say that it is a good version.

Zoomerang96 said:

Yes. Quite a lot of people, you should hear the sing-along on the Boston bootleg, the crowd love it. Just because you hate it doesn't mean everyone else does. Get over yourself.

ruffian said:

Have I told you today that I :heart: you?

Zoomerang96 said:
stuck in a moment.

BRUTAL.

i've seriously run out of words to describe how uninspired u2 is.

I love it, as does most of Amuuricah, dude.

Axver said:

Yes. Quite a lot of people, you should hear the sing-along on the Boston bootleg, the crowd love it. Just because you hate it doesn't mean everyone else does. Get over yourself.

the version played on Conan O'Brien was very very good. I thought bono's voice was right on.

I think the Larry arm rumor is true. It explains a lot.

Remember how early in the tour he said thsi was the hardest setlist they've had to play in years.

Oh.. Stuck... go to hell...

you DO know that they'll play WOWY next, don't you?

haven't you learned nothing from months and months of setlist parties?

maybe we should change the name to Setlist Suffering :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom