New York III Setlist Watch and Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
what will you guys do in November when U2Fanatic and I are AT the L.A. shows, LOL
Looks like I'll just have to fly out to the west coast and go to those shows myself, if I want to know what U2 are playing. Thanks a lot.

Axver said:
I'd just like to point out that tonight's setlist contained six songs that were not played last show - Electric Co., ISHFWILF, Zoo Station, The Fly, Yahweh, and Bad.

Woohoo!!
Way to go, U2!!
How :cool:!!

:applaud:

Can't wait to see how many different songs there will be tomorrow.

theu2fly said:
This looks like the setlist for the rest of the 3rd leg;

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. Electric Co.
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While Snippet
7. Beautiful Day
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home / Hands That Built America
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In the Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One / Old Man River Snippet
I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that U2 are going to play all 16 of those songs at the rest of the 3rd leg shows? I'd be shocked if that happened.

cleazer said:
Looks like I'll just have to fly out to the west coast and go to those shows myself, if I want to know what U2 are playing. Thanks a lot.

It'll be very late for you anyways. You won't miss anything. Well... Ok, if I keep my seats for 11/1 (which I most likely will), I can text someone. Preferrably someone in the U.S. :wink:

Lila64 said:
It'll be very late for you anyways.
I swear, I haven't lived there in years, but I think my body is still on Hawai'i time.

Great show tonight.

You can throw in a "Happy Birthday" sung by the crowd to Luciano Pavarotti during/before(?) Miss Sarajevo

Great show...looking forward to 10/14, though I selfishly hope that if there's even the slightest chance that they'll play Gloria that they hold off until Friday. That's my last song on my "to hear" list, having crossed off With or Without You (not beyond crazy about this song, but I've never heard it live, and I'm glad I have), Fast Cars, and Bad over the past 2 shows. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear Gloria, Out of Control, Crumbs, and Party Girl at 10/14, but I'll totally settle for Gloria alone. I kind of have a feeling it might pop up tomorrow though.

Good show...though I must say, it must have been mortifying for Bono when he totally blanked out in the middle of Pride! We were kind of rear/side stage in a 200 section, and we think his teleprompter zapped out. Lame, Bono! You know the song needs to take a hiatus when you can't remember the words to a song that you've played hundreds upon hundreds of times! How embarrassing!

It didnt look like that to me, but i was up in the nosebleeds. It seemed like he was having trouble with his voice or something and it looked like he was coughing. I might be wrong though.

It was a great show. Just wanted to say that. My kind of encore. Enjoyed it a lot more than friday and i had much worse seats.

Axver said:
Well, the show's about over! Set right now:

I Will Follow
The Electric Co.

This is verrry nice. I love the intensity of Electric Co., but the Ocean or An Cat Dubh following it was a real crowd killer. These two look like they'd go together very well.

Nice to see Bad make another appearance, too! :up:

mabel said:

Good show...though I must say, it must have been mortifying for Bono when he totally blanked out in the middle of Pride! We were kind of rear/side stage in a 200 section, and we think his teleprompter zapped out. Lame, Bono! You know the song needs to take a hiatus when you can't remember the words to a song that you've played hundreds upon hundreds of times! How embarrassing!

dronomophone said:
It didnt look like that to me, but i was up in the nosebleeds. It seemed like he was having trouble with his voice or something and it looked like he was coughing. I might be wrong though.

Interesting..I was also behind-stagish...it seemed like he had a frog in his throat and was trying to clear it out. But I did see someone put down a sheet (with lyrics?) down next to the teleprompter. Hmmm.....

Lock this setlist for the rest of the Tour. Awesome baby!

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, The Electric Co., I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Happy Birthday, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Ol' Man River

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, With or Without You, All Because of You, Yahweh, Bad, 40

chazman151 said:

Interesting..I was also behind-stagish...it seemed like he had a frog in his throat and was trying to clear it out. But I did see someone put down a sheet (with lyrics?) down next to the teleprompter. Hmmm.....

I was in WOWY territory on the outside ellipse rail (he didn't go out there or dance with a girl last night though) and he definitely had gotten a frog in his throat right when it started.

Another great show. And I got a kiss from Bono before the show! :heart:

Hmm...I couldn't actually see clear enough to see if the teleprompter had indeed zapped out. I was actually leaning over to say something to my friend just about the time it happened, so I didn't quite catch the circumstances that led up to it w/ 100% attention, but I do remember that we both immediately thought it was the teleprompter. Dunno for sure though??

Axver said:

I actually think the variety in the main set hasn't been bad. Here's the setlist from opener to Miracle Drug for the first show of the leg, the first US show of the leg, and the latest show for comparison.

2005-09-12, TORONTO

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
Elevation
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
In A Little While
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug

2005-09-20, CHICAGO

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co. / Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (snippet) / Three Little Birds (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
Walk On
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug

2005-10-10, NEW YORK

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Rockaway Beach (snippet)
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug

Axver, how the hell do you get time to do all these posts and know so much information or be bothered to research so much information?? Are you U2's official statistician or something??!!

matt76 said:

Axver, how the hell do you get time to do all these posts and know so much information or be bothered to research so much information?? Are you U2's official statistician or something??!!

Well, I run U2-Vertigo-Tour.com and if I may say so myself, I have an excellent memory, so if I don't already know some data, I know just where to look to find it. :wink:

I wish U2 had an official statistician job. I'd apply in an instant. :drool:

Axver said:

Well, I run U2-Vertigo-Tour.com and if I may say so myself, I have an excellent memory, so if I don't already know some data, I know just where to look to find it. :wink:

I wish U2 had an official statistician job. I'd apply in an instant. :drool:

You'd definitely get the job!

Back
Top Bottom