New Songs in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Think there will be new songs Monday night? Sense they have the week off, it would make sense for them to perfect, maybe "Mofo" or "Ultra Violet"

SMB

MOFO possibly...

Discotheque for sure.

Crumbs for sure.

Fast Cars for sure.

Doubt it, not MOFO and certainly not Ultraviolet. Maybe some new snippets added to some of the new songs they added in Toronto and Chicago. Crumbs will probably be done also. But I dont think you are going to see anything brand new or drastically different until the NY stand.

Well, they have been rehearsing Mofo and Ultra Violet. So, this week will give them a chance to fresh them up. We could get one or both Monday. I am guessing one or the other.

SMB

Rehearsing Ultra Violet? Since when?

I know in January or so Bono said he'd like to play it, but since then, no mention of it ...

Shawn Bonneau said:
Well, they have been rehearsing Mofo and Ultra Violet. So, this week will give them a chance to fresh them up. We could get one or both Monday. I am guessing one or the other.

SMB

Where did you hear that? MOFO was tried once in Toronto. Ultraviolet has not been rehearsed.

Shawn Bonneau said:
Yes it has, in Mexico during rehearsals. And even tampered with in the Euro leg as a BD snippet.

SMB

The Mexico rehearsal rumours were false.

It was snippeted ONCE at the end of BD, in Philadelphia I think. And a snippet is indicative of nothing, really. Just because Bono sings a line doesn't mean they'll do the whole thing.

Shawn Bonneau said:
Yes it has, in Mexico during rehearsals. And even tampered with in the Euro leg as a BD snippet.

SMB

:laugh: Most of the information that was posted about Mexico was complete BS. Ultraviolet was not worked on and even if it was, that was 7 months ago, why would that suddenly turn up now when they havent done it since? Keep dreaming, would be awesome, but its not happening. MOFO maybe, but I doubt that one as well until at least NY if its done at all.

Chances are reeeeaaalll slim for Ultraviolet, but hey, we had little to no warning that they were rehearsing or gonna play Miss Sarajevo or The First Time before they did them in concert, so anything is possible. :)

One word: 'October.' After all, these will be the first two concerts in the month of October, and it IS an easy song for them to play: Edge on piano; Bono on vocals, and a little help from Larry while Adam takes a break :)

Chris in NH

Agree totally however i think MOFO will make it's first apperance at MSG. I feel man and a womon comon on as welll....'little sister..."
!@!@#$@&^$#*&@^!!!!@!

Mofo is coming..............................i feel it in my bones...................
I can feeeeeeeeel, feeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeel!

Looking for to save my save my soul! :dance: :dance:

Mofo will turn up

ES will as well... i wouldn't argue with the first time concert. And why was Walk on under rehearsed? Maybe it was a late change from something else accoustic like ooo Electrical storm?

Pero said:

Definitely the best word ever:drool:

fuck. yes.

I predict Mofo as well. Also, maybe something else from Zooropa - Dirty Day, perhaps? I wouldn't count on Electrical Storm though. But I guess this tour we can never really be sure of anything!

Back
Top Bottom