Never been to a u2 concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
So who here has never been to a u2 concert besides
me? Next tour I can't wait so I can go and see my first
u2 concert! Also,for those who have been what's it like?

In a way I'm almost envious. There is nothing like that first time you get to see them live. I had probably the worst seats in the venue at my first U2 show 1987. I remember it vividly though. Its when I went from liking them quite a bit to being a diehard fan.

I hadn't been to a U2 concert before yesterday. I waited for over 20 years to see them live. As tryan says a spiritual and emotional high you need to experience to believe. :heart:

tryan101 said:
for me, the closest thing to heaven on earth. a spiritual, emotional and physical high like no other.

:yes: They are amazing and life changing experiences. I've been a fan since I was a teenager, but my first concert was in 2001. Seeing them live will definitely propel you from being a casual fan into a diehard fan!

Definitely see them live if you can. It's worth every single penny.

...I can only hope they will still be able to play great
next tour so I can die happy.:wink:

they are incredible live, some of the shows I've been to have some of the best nights of my life.

...By the way, do you guys think bono's voice will still
be in good shape for the next tour? Because im not sure if he can hit some of the high notes like he use too.:eyebrow:

Went to my first show in 2005. It really is almost a spiritual experience, and yes it is worth every penny to see the band.

Just wanted to add that I was very impressed with the U2 fans I met before and during the show. I have NEVER seen a crowd like that at ANY event before. U2s fans clearly love their band, and seem to apply the same decent principles to each other. So, edgeboy, I can't wait for the next tour also! Keep your fingers crossed for Bono's voice and Larry's arms!

SunBloc said:
Went to my first show in 2005. It really is almost a spiritual experience, and yes it is worth every penny to see the band.

Just wanted to add that I was very impressed with the U2 fans I met before and during the show. I have NEVER seen a crowd like that at ANY event before. U2s fans clearly love their band, and seem to apply the same decent principles to each other. So, edgeboy, I can't wait for the next tour also! Keep your fingers crossed for Bono's voice and Larry's arms!

Oh you know I will keep my fingers crossed!

Blue Room said:
I remember it vividly though. Its when I went from liking them quite a bit to being a diehard fan.
Same for me, except I'd say it's more that I went from being an already huge fan to being downright fanatical. My first show was 16/09/05. Since then I've already spent many hours traveling and many pennies to see them again. Hawaii (may be) next :hyper:

There's nothing like your first show. Or your last for that matter :drool:

It doesn't seem like larry would have problems with his
arms, because he has some pretty ripped guns!:wink:

The term "heaven" has been used, and I agree. When I heard Bad for the first time, the strangest feeling came over me. I actually felt like I knew what heaven is like, complete peace. It's an extremely difficult feeling to describe, but it sounds like some others have felt it as well. I've only told a couple people about the feeling that came over me because I felt as if they wouldn't understand.

edgeboy said:
...By the way, do you guys think bono's voice will still
be in good shape for the next tour? Because im not sure if he can hit some of the high notes like he use too.:eyebrow:

He can hit em, baby! He can sing Sunday Bloody Sunday like he did 20 years ago.

jrfriday said:
The term "heaven" has been used, and I agree. When I heard Bad for the first time, the strangest feeling came over me. I actually felt like I knew what heaven is like, complete peace. It's an extremely difficult feeling to describe, but it sounds like some others have felt it as well. I've only told a couple people about the feeling that came over me because I felt as if they wouldn't understand.

As Bono would say, the spirit was in the house, I have been to 12 concerts out of my fanhood, the only way I can describe a concert is complete Uphoria. There were times, not at every concert but at alot, and definately the last 2 I just wanted to throw my hands up towards heaven, it was a religious and spiritual feeling, from these 2 last concerts I have truly walked away a changed person. My husband was with me and I haven't even told him yet, I know he didn't feel the same as I did. After the first Vertigo concert, I had to go for a 2nd to get that feeling again, so I definately understand. :wink:

I've never seen U2 live.... but that will all change in 3 weeks and 6 days! :hyper:

...... not that I'm counting, of course! :wink:

If anything like me, you'll be moved in a way which you never have been before.

Then, you'll come on here and read people that have been to 50 shows this tour saying it was only a mediocre performance and you'll wonder what a good one is like.

For me the first and only time was last summer. It was a magical journey I can tell you... I think I'm not able to discribe it. It's one of those things that you can't define just just feel.

So basically it sounds like unless you've been to a u2
concert you have not experienced heaven.:wink:

I have been three times-Zoo TV, Pop and Vertigo. All of them were fantastic.
I just went to the one here in SP and some of my friends who are casual fans saw them too. After the show, it was great to see a complete change in them, almost like a religioius experience. Everyone I talked to that saw them in SP said they had never seen anything like this in their life.
I really wish I could get a busload of U2 cynics and take them to a show just to see their faces.
They are the greatest show on earth and NEVER will they be matched live-NEVER!!!!!

RA-D said:
If anything like me, you'll be moved in a way which you never have been before.

Then, you'll come on here and read people that have been to 50 shows this tour saying it was only a mediocre performance and you'll wonder what a good one is like.

Yeah, I agree, I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times now, but reading some forums, it really puts some of their shows down, I think if you're a die hard U2 fan, you'll love the shows, no matter what, I loved every one that I went to and they were all totally different, open air, arena and football stadium. All fantastic!!! Hope everyone gets to see them at least once in their lifetimes. I'm hoping they definitely tour in the Uk again, the last tour will be amazing, whenever that'll be, but extremely sad too.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom