Name the actions you have taken thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
regarding this ticket nightmare.

mine:

1. called ticketmast supervisers; they blamed it on the promoters
2. called fanfire; they blame ticketmaster
3. called and faxed principle management; they took my name and number and said to keep checking u2.com

what did everyone else do?

1. vomited
2. punched a wall
3. kicked my computer
4. vomited(again)
5. yelled angry cuss words

mikal said:
1. vomited
2. punched a wall
3. kicked my computer
4. vomited(again)
5. yelled angry cuss words

okay, well done.

now, did anyone do anything productive?

Does empathy for those involved count as productive? Watching this mess from the sidelines, the only action I have taken, sadly, is to consider ending my U2 concert going career at 13 shows. I'm strongly considering just waiting for the DVD to come out in 2006 -- just in time for Christmas.

I called Fanfire twice for a full refund of my membership; it was denied when I called Tuesday (1/25).

I completed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on Fanfire for refusing refund. The complaint was filed over the internet and sent late Tuesday night.

For kicks I called Chicago radio station, 93 XRT, whom U2, Bono himself happily mentioned on the Live from HQ radio interview with Radio 1, because XRT played the whole 'Atomic Bomb' record non stop before it was released for 12 straight hours. I listen to XRT everyday, and talked to two different on air personalities. One did not hear about the happenings, the other did; first off, both thought it was wrong to have paid presales, both thought it was completely wrong for this to happen and felt that ultimately the band had gotten too big to handle/ oversee the decision making that would have prevented this from happening.

The last move I made was I called Fanfire again Wednesday evening (1/26) and I spoke to a different supervisor who took my name and email and promised me to try her best to get me my refund.

By the way, I did not buy tickets through the presale, so I am not trying to take advantage of the situation by getting the tickets then getting a refund.

On a side note, to avoid further arguments, the reason I want my refund is simple. Fanfire representatives told me when I called in November, and even on January 24th. '05, that there was no limit on the number of shows you could purchase presale tickets. When that came directly from the sales rep, I decided to buy my membership. We finally were told many details of the presale precedures in our U2.com emails sent on Jan. 22 with the ordering code- how few tickets were actually released for presale (only 10% for each venue) and the one show limit. These details were added after a huge majority of the members bought the membership. I bought my membership, as I'm sure many others did, on false pretenses, and the member benefits were not properly explained in regards to the presale.

Last edited:
I emailed everyone. I got a canned, automatic response from all of them, none of it even addressed any of the issues of course.

Did you see on Ebay, guerilla warfare of sorts is starting, with the brokers getting bids from names like "hatescalpers" and on u2.con they have a thread where they are calling the brokers to tell them what they think of them.

That's great, at least for once we aren't just lying their passively like doormats for the "concert industry" to walk all over.

NME got an email from me and I suspect, a hell of a lot of others and ran with the story online.

Here in Scotland I'm quoted on page 7 of the "Daily Record", which is Scotland's biggest (or top 3 at least) selling newspapers. Another 2 or 3 fans who emailed them are quoted also, in a full page story that covers Tuesday's events on the whole.

Page 7 wasn't bad I thought.

PS. The page 7 story ran off a front page column!

Last edited:
Faxed Principle three times with complaints and a response to today's lame post about MSG selling out (to both offices in Dublin and New York).

Sent e-mail copies of the fax to every paper, radio show and other media source that I know.

Back
Top Bottom