My top 10 Wishlist for Vertigo Aussie Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
I think he would be much better served if he got straight to the point and said a couple of very well chosen sentences that ram home the point as effectively and succinctly as possible.

Hell Yeah!! I love Bono, I love what he stands for, and his passion to change the world...however...i have waited 13 years to see U2 live again, and for me it isall about the music. I'm online every day, i buy every magazine with U2 or Bono in it, I know what his beliefs and dreams for the world are, for these 2 nights, I just want the music, baby!!!

:wink:

As for my wishlist...I would LOVE to hear All I Want Is You, for purely selfish reasons, that's my hubby and my 'song'. We've gone through a very rough couple of years, its a miracle we'll be seeing U2 together again at all...so it would be very special for me.:happy: Other than that, I'm just going to be over the moon to be there!!!

01. Full on electric version of One Tree Hill Lovetown style
02. The Electric Co. played at every show
03. Miracle Drug and Original Of The Species back in the set list together (I don't mean back to back)
04. Gloria played every now and then
05. Love And Peace Or Else as the opener
06. Play An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart again
07. Live debut of Electrical Storm
08. Play Dicothèque again
09. Don't play Until The End Of The World
10. Play All Because Of You as the third song after Vertigo and LAPOE

1. I hope theres no long winded speeches.

2. Would love to hear Walk On , Vertigo & Elvation.

3. Wish Bono had thesame type of energy he had while doing Zoo Tv.
I hate the Live in Chicago DVD, its bloody boring.

I just hope all goes well and we dont get another cancellation .

Axver said:
In no particular order except for #1, which is a massive priority.

1. Full band, electric One Tree Hill. Preferably with extended solo Lovetown-style.
2. The Electric Co. as a staple.
3. Play Crumbs.
4. Play Fast Cars.
5. No Vertigo x2.
6. No waffling speeches! A couple of well-chosen, direct, to-the-point sentences that effectively get the message across.
7. Play Bad.
8. Play Gloria.
9. Play Discotheque.
10. Dump at least one of WOWY, Stuck, Pride, One.

that but keep vertigo x 2
keep one and pride and
make sure yahweh is in the set

trayzee said:
1. I hope theres no long winded speeches.

2. Would love to hear Walk On , Vertigo & Elvation.

3. Wish Bono had thesame type of energy he had while doing Zoo Tv.
I hate the Live in Chicago DVD, its bloody boring.

I just hope all goes well and we dont get another cancellation .

I don't think they will play vertigo at all! :laugh:

mandy1973 said:

Hell Yeah!! I love Bono, I love what he stands for, and his passion to change the world...however...i have waited 13 years to see U2 live again, and for me it isall about the music. I'm online every day, i buy every magazine with U2 or Bono in it, I know what his beliefs and dreams for the world are, for these 2 nights, I just want the music, baby!!!

I so agree with what your saying, but unfortunately for us alot of people don't know or even know what to do with some of these issues.

But I also know it's the right time that U2 had a very humanitarian type concert.. especially with what is brewing in the world at the moment.

Also most of the show is about the music, there is really only one section which cuts into politics.. You will see

That I can find my wife and her sister two of the ellipse tickets QSAC was selling so that they can have the best experience possible :)

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
That I can find my wife and her sister two of the ellipse tickets QSAC was selling so that they can have the best experience possible :)

There's no ellipse on this leg ...

No ellipse . . . but the tickets still say "Genadm Ellipse" (though it's just the inner barrier, and no longer really an ellipse, hehe). The stadium sold these as part of a corporate package some months back.

34_1.jpg

01. One Tree Hill ( Lovetown style )
02. The Electric Co. played at every show
03. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock in melbourne
04. Gloria played every now and then
05. Out of Control to end the set
06. The Unforgettable Fire to feature
07. Extended version of Bad ( as per U Fire Tour )
08. Do NOT play One .........
09. Red backdrop for Streets
10. Play Van Diemens Land

Mine has a slight bias to the early to mid 80's :)
ps Larry , get a feckin haircut !!

Wire
This is song is just like Electric Co a realy rocky song, and Electric Co has never been so good like it is in this tour.

In God's Country
He sang it little on Elevation tour and it went well. With the Vertigo voice it would be great

One Tree Hill
He sang it on a snippet on the Vertigo tour, Bonos older voice did fit well in this song.

God Part II, Heartland, The Unforgettable Fire
This is a very hard to sing song, but It would be very intressting to hear how Bono would sing it

Acrobat
Come on!

Love Is Blindness
Snippet on the 4th leg, well I want the whole song

Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

So Cruel

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Zooropa

Lemon
Impossible for Bono to sing, but they could do it in a different way, just like they did The Fly on Elevation

Mofo
Bono brought Discotheque to new levels in the voice part, well Mofo would be great to hear him sing.

Please

Elctrical Strom
Come on!

HMTMKMKM
Rock! Just as Vertigo tour is.

Sweetest Thing

1. Maximum two songs from HTDAAB. Don't care which, preferably short ones.
2. Plenty of Achtung Baby, esp One, Mysterious Ways, Ultraviolet, perhaps even better than the real thing might be a nice change
3. Lemon
4. Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
5. Dirty Day... nice!
5. Decent version of WIWY
6. I wont' foolishly request Bono not to make a speech. I'd merely be happy with a new speech with a bit of 1980s passion. Even Bono seems bored with his vertigo tour speech on all occassions I've heard it.
7. Mirrorball Man to debut in Aus
8. Edge to pick a new effect for SYCMIOYO, and Bono to strum along on an acoustic.
9. The Sweetest Thing
10. In a little while

Not too much to ask, surely.

1. Proper Streets intro
2. Love Is Blindness--> into Streets :drool: :drool: :drool:
3. One Tree Hill
4. New song

Could anyone explain "Electric Co as a staple" for me please. Haven't got a clue of what a 'staple' might be in this...

nicodepiko said:
Could anyone explain "Electric Co as a staple" for me please. Haven't got a clue of what a 'staple' might be in this...
It means that it should be played at every gig and not rotated out of the setlist as it has in the previous legs of the tour.

Back
Top Bottom