My tip/recomendation for those of you who get inside the elipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
O.k. so not really a review(this might be in the wrong section) but I thought I'd share this with you all anyways. When I was at the Vancouver show I was lucky enough to have my ticket scan vertigo, getting me and my buddy into the elipse. When we got inside the crowd was only two deep at the front of the stage. My buddy immediately ran for third row centre. Seeing the show from the nosebleeds the night before I wasn't so sure that being as close to the front as possible was the best "seat" in the house. I walked to the back of the elipse to make an educated decision before staking my claim to my spot. Here's what I found: At the front of the elipse sure you're front row but you don't get a full vantage point of the light show. When the guys are on the runway they would actually be behind us causeing us to look all over the place all night long trying to find where they are. PLus being at the front means having to hold onto your spot all night long. Now at the back of the elipse everything is in front of you. You see everything alot better than you would if you were front row. Also the crowd isn't as concerned with being front row so they're more relaxed. By relaxed I mean they are able to focus more on the show rather than holding their position at the front. You can dance freely, run around and take pictures and overall just enjoy the show on your terms. Plus an advantage to being at the back is that Bono comes out at the back(I was less than an arms length away - actually had my drink on his stairs to the stage), Bono and Larry trade off on the drums durring LAPOE at the back. Plus the back is not as crowded. This is all of course my own opinion but if I had the fortune of getting into the elipse again I would pass up front row for the back. I honestly feel I was able to lose myself in the show and enjoy it alot more by being back there. Plus nobody in the back cares if you run in front of them to take a picture because they know you aren't trying to steal their spot. In fact at the back of the elipse there are no real spots to steal. So in conclusion don't let the allure of FRONT ROW fool you inot making a hasty decision. The back of the elipse is where it's at. This coming form a guy who had a chance at the front. Well 3rd row but honestly what's the difference? I'd like to hear what others have to say about this, those who have been at the back and even those who were at the front. The one thing I know we'll all agree on though is that being outside the elipse totally sucks compared to being inside the elipse:yes:

This guy is totally right.

Everyone should follow his advice and stand in the back.

Thank you.

:shh:

i agree a spot along the back rail is the best, but let's keep that our little secret :shifty:

Actually, the best spot in the whole arena is outside of the ellipse at the back of the GA section.

Excellent sound, you can see the entire light show, lots of room to jump around, easy access to the bog, etc.

If you win the ellipse lottery, you all should give up your wristbands to other uninformed fans and stand at the back of the GA.

Thanks.

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
Actually, the best spot in the whole arena is outside of the ellipse at the back of the GA section.

Excellent sound, you can see the entire light show, lots of room to jump around, easy access to the bog, etc.

If you win the ellipse lottery, you all should give up your wristbands to other uninformed fans and stand at the back of the GA.

Thanks.

:laugh:

Hallucination: Did you ever compare notes with your friend who stayed in the third "row". Was he satisfied with being up front, or did he wish he was at the back of the ellipse with you?

A spot on the rail, whether in or out of the ellipse, is an absolute blessing after you've waited outside all day.

I'm doing Philly GA by myself, so I'm hoping to make an ellipse buddy in line to increase my chance of getting in.

I've done both before (Inside back rail on Elevation and 2nd row Vertigo), and I prefered the front much more than the back. I took 300 pictures right in front of the Edge, saw MUCH better, and generally had a better time.

Now 3-5 rows off the floor is the "best" seat in the house, because THEN you can see all the lights on the elipse, and stage, and get a better view of the whole thing...

Ummm... will I be able to see the band from the back? I'm really short... 5'1" to be exact...

whatever, I want to be closest to BONO :drool:

Back
Top Bottom