My last attempt at U2 willpower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
I tried, I really did...

The new U2 album and not listening to it until release: FAILED

Not looking at the setlists of the new Vertigo tour: FAILED

Not looking at the setlists of the European leg: FAILED

Turning away from 3rd leg setlists entierly: FAILED

So this is my last resort:

Before travelling to NYC next week not looking at the Boston reviews for fear that they may form a trend that will possibly dictate the setlist for the first MSG show that I will attend, therefore capitalising on the current unpredictable setlist-excitement-factor and knowing that anything could open the encore and it might even be Mofo but either way it will be great: ?????????

Am I a hopeless case??

Blimey I'm excited :hyper:

Have a great trip!!

I said that I wouldnt look or listen to anything from the 3rd leg I'm going to both Boston dates in December, I failed straight away!!!

What will you be like next week????:wink:

Thanks chuck! I hope this will fulfill my U2 fix for 2005 (for the bank account more than anything), but I'm sure I'll be wishing I was heading over with you come December!

Two of our Hull U2 Girls little gang are going over to NY in November but me and my sis couldnt go as she is due to have her baby on the 22nd!
During all the UK shows we took her fold up chair everywhere, there she was at Twickenham near Adams B Stage sat on her little chair!! :wink:

On the scans baby looks like its drumming mind you she is a Larry Fan!! :wink:

I darent check just how much I have spent this year on tickets and travel hope the hubby doesnt!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me I know how you feel. I decided to go to Opening Night because I knew once the tour started I would have no self control and I figured this was my only chance at a surprise. So did I have control, NO. Once I saw the thread about the rehearsal show I read every little stinkin detail.

Did I decide not to follow Europe in hopes of being in surprised in Spain? Of course not.

So maybe, just maybe I won't come in here again until after MSG.
Yeah right, I'll probably see a cow fly by my window before that happens.:|

Once U2 enters New York on Friday, I'm going to cut myself off from everything U2. No music, no videos, no websites. I must be insane. I'm going to the show on the 8th so I won't have to wait too long.

This thread is great! I have been trying to "abstain" from all things U2 until Vegas but it really is near impossible!

Why is it that it seems at times like this nearly everywhere I go there's a U2 song playing? On the radio, in stores, neighbors, the car that pulls up with music blasting next to me at a stoplight, in an elevator, in a music store, on TV?

Ah well, we can try. At least we all here understand what it feels like and why abstaining from U2 is worth! Good luck to everyone!

This thread really is great! I had that problem of avoiding all things U2 for the show in TO (9/17). Bought the tix back in March and almost everyday I would hear a U2 song on the radio or see footage of Bono doing some good somewhere. It became my "daily U2 reminder" of the concert I was eventually going to see.

Stupid reminders didn't go away, so I was forced to buy tix for the Ottawa show too!:wink:

I have been trying to keep myself away from U2 setlists till the Miami shows but it doesn't work! I check on the setlists all the time:| but once november comes i am going to cut off all my connections to U2 hopefully it will work

Hey guys! Looks like you can not bear the thought that other people know what is going on with U2 and their tour. Well, I can't do that either :)
But honestly, I do not care. I can still enjoy the show. And you will also enjoy it!

OK I failed again.

I'm dissapointed about the shift from the showstopping encores that we've had (Zoo St, Discotheque, The Fly, Bad) to 'The First Time' and 'Stuck'.. streuth.. I never moan about setlists but i hope they stick a rocket up the a*se of the encore by the time I get to NYC!!

Ah it's tough avoiding the set lists. I managed to avoid on the whole the set lists all of the first leg to keep some surprise for when I saw them in Europe. But even then little details were slipped out (such as Zoo Station, how a lot of rare tracks from Boy were being played, the Pride/Streets/One combo, and Vertigo * 2). Still think I did pretty well considering lol.

Ever since I saw them though I been checking set lists of every show. If a miracle happens and they announce another European leg Ill stop again. Gotta say though the changing set lists thus far have been pretty impressive. Even if you check set lists you can't be sure what they're gonna play at the moment.

I'm an abstainer!

On the first leg, I didn't read any setlists or anything until the Boston shows. This leg, same thing and I won't read anything more until my next show on Friday. The surprise of hearing stuff you don't expect is so worth it. So if you're hanging in there, keep it up!!!

Back
Top Bottom