My Friend vs. Fake Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
So, the other day my friend got into the U2 concert in Chicago by printing out photos of tickets from e-bay after changing the size, and glueing them on a former ticketmaster ticket. He made sure it was all neat, that he was able to see the tare folds and everything. The barecode was crystal clear and it worked. Now, he wants to know if he should try pulling this off again, but I honestly do not know what to tell him. I know it is wrong, but hey, it works. So, what should I do? Should I inform him not to go? Has anyone else ever pulled this off?

SMB

The bottom line is he might have screwed some else who actually had the real tickets with that barcode. Not a very nice or honest thing to do.

Yeah, so I guess barecodes can only get thru once. I'll tell him he shouldn't do it. I hope that ticket didn't sell on ebay.

SMB

Yeah, definitly don't do it. If the barcode only works once and he got in before the person who rightfully paid for the tics then they probably got screwed out of getting in. Not right at all.

innominata8 said:
ticketmaster should be made aware of this.... i wonder how many other people are getting valid tickets confiscated at the door??
I don't think ticketmaster has anything to do with this or would have any say in the matter. This appears to be tickets being sold on ebay. A good reason why they should not be displaying photos of the tics on ebay.

Tell him to go ahead and try it again. And before he goes to the show tell him to stop by a convience store and load up his pockets with all kinds of stuff while nobody is looking and just walk out without paying. And heck if he gets away with that tell him to go to a liquor store and when nobody is looking slip a fifth of vodka down his pants and walk out of there too without paying. And if he is really into the ebay thing, tell him to list a bunch of stuff and after it sells and he gets his money don't send the items to buyers.

Yep, that is what I would tell him to do. :evil: (Just when I thought I had heard it all)

Bill

It's only the barcode that is a problem.

I also don't understand why people allow their tickets to be confiscated. I think the ushers have been told to confiscate because there would be legal problems if they returned the ticket. I'd ask for a written receipt that I'd been denied entrance, keep the ticket with "fake" written on it - then go to TM head office the next day.

If the ticket comes up with your name and credit card - they gotta pay up.

u2fp

yeah but if you bought it on ebay then the ticket wont have your name and credit card assigned to it

your friend doing this actually screws 2 people, the person who bought it on ebay and couldnt get in, and also the person on ebay who sold it. the person who bought it will think the person who sold it sold them a fake ticket and will report them to ebay and everything.

i definitely vote no to this activity.

This is probably one of the dirtier things I've heard in a while. Sure, your friend got in but that's a lot of bad karma going his way.

:mad: :madspit:

Totally and utterly wrong...

and I hope your "friend" is actually a friend and not an euphemism

i don't buy it... one would think a guy who takes tickets for a living would be able to tell when they have a ticket with paper glued to it, and/or a ticket that's noticeably thicker than usuall, would be able to tell right away... unless of course they don't take the tickets in their hand to scan them... :shrug: i know at MSG the ticket taker takes the ticket, scans it and then hands it back to you.

in chicago they never took your ticket, you just held it for them to scan

so it could work

It could work, but it's stupid and selfish. When he told me about it, I was very shocked. But, I have snuck into a show before, but that was sneaking, not lying nor stealing.

SMB

ZOOTB said:

I don't think ticketmaster has anything to do with this or would have any say in the matter. This appears to be tickets being sold on ebay. A good reason why they should not be displaying photos of the tics on ebay.

while i don't think this issue is ticketmaster's fault, if they really gave a damn about their consumers they'd do something along the lines of putting a watermark on the tickets...anything that would make them remotely difficult to copy.

Thats jacked up, but if you sale tickets on ebay, and you want to post a picture of them, make sure that you cover the barcode on them.

This is why when I sold an extra ticket on ebay I used something to block out the barcode.

"The Ticket Taker Takes the Ticket.... The Ticket Taker Takes the Ticket..." Everyone now.... "The Ticket Taker............"

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
It could work, but it's stupid and selfish. When he told me about it, I was very shocked. But, I have snuck into a show before, but that was sneaking, not lying nor stealing.

SMB

Last time I checked, sneaking into a show is stealing...:shame:

Twas not U2 for I would not deprive them, tor it was Comedian Ron White. And I basicaly work at that venue anyways, they saw me walk in for the last 15 minutes of his set. I helped em all pick up the empty beer cups anyways. I guess you could say it was more like putting in extra hours.

SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom