My friend just called my from sound check at the ACC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah thanks, poor showing by the toronto fans. vancouver fans showed them how its done.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Oh yes, people I know met Bono today outside the Air Canada Centre so I'm sure they heard some songs. I'll let you know when/if I find out which ones.

Also - I'l be at the venue tomorrow afternoon so I"ll try to give a live update as well!

Score! Way to go, LWSH!

No problem; although come to think of it, I may not be at a PC right after. Should I text message or email someone?

Drea, are you around??

Last edited:
The ACC is a bit different - I have no idea where you'd "stand and listen" anyway, except maybe inside Union Station. Not to mention, the band's entrance is underground so they do not walk out of their cars at any point in any area which the fans would have access to. Today they probably would have parked outside based on nobody being there, but when arriving for sound check the day of the shows, you will simply not meet them at this venue. The way it's set up is they turn into the underground parking right before the road that takes you to the onramp of the major expressway, so it's not like they'd stop the car there and walk out to sign autographs.

I'm in Toronto now (yeah!!) and a couple of my friends heard U2 practicing Love and Peace or Else the other night quite a few times (for the MTV special I take it) so I guess there is a spot nearby (but then again she works for the ACC so she would know where to stand). Sorry, can't give you all more info. on the songs they played but that's the only one they heard.

Oh, and Bono told another friend last night they're practicing "new songs" but we've heard that before, haven't we? :wink:

News news news news news news news news news news news news news news :hyper:

ladywithspinninghead said:

Oh, and Bono told another friend last night they're practicing "new songs" but we've heard that before, haven't we? :wink:
by "new" song he means vertigo x3

how hard is it to stand next to the arena, listen for the songs, and text them to your friend who will post them on interference :grumpy:

im really surprised by the lack of info considering how much we got from vancouver

ok i just heard from a source who was outside the arena and heard an accoustic performance of stuck in a moment, and in a little while

so the change is going to be adding an accoustic section, i guess stuck is alright but we just heard the in a little while thing last tour

maybe in a little while is for new orleans?

either way, i am not encouraged by these developments :|

Maybe an acoustic set will at least mean a little more time with Bono and Edge at the tip of the ellipse for all the lottery losers.:|

I know i am not going to any of the 3rd leg shows, but c´mon !!! Acoustic sets are boring :rant:

But again, i am not going but i still hope its not true.

you know they could dedicate stuck in a moment to new orleans too

looks like a new orleans combo

I'm not sure whether to laugh or rant that the setlist bitching has begun even before the first concert of this leg.

:wink: (I think.)

WildHoneyAlways said:
Just to clarify, are we crying b/c of the accoustic set or b/c of song choice or for something else?

:(

I'm not :sad:, I'm just kinda :sigh:

well for me i dont want to see a return of an accoustic set. i think stuck might be ok since it will be in a form we havent seen before. in a little while will be exactly the same as last tour, so that will be lame.

but i can totally see this happening. theyll want shows to be more "intimate" after the disaster, so they throw in an accoustic set, and play songs like stuck in a moment and in a little while. so i really think this is going to happen.

i was hoping for more rocking changes, like a full band please, lasnt night on earth, dirty day, gone, ultraviolet, god pt 2, anything cool. i know i shouldnt have expected anything like that, but still, not excited about these couple changes.

Acoustic set = :down: Fucking sucks!
In A Little While = :down: FUCKING SUCKS! :down:

I thought this song was gone for good when it was cut during Elevation. It should be condemned to the Hell of all U2 Songs That Suck.

Back
Top Bottom