MSG Section '12' Theory in relation to stage setup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
In another post someone mentioned that their tickets were in section 12. If one looks at the msg seating chart, the only section 12 they have is for a basketball game setup. There is no section 12 for a concert setup, as section 12 is normally where an 'end-stage' would be.

I am going to bet that the main stage is somewhere toward the middle of the arena with any type of oval going around the floor, allowing just about every fan to be 'inside the egg'.

Why would they issue tickets for section 12, unless the stage was going to be a truly 360 setup? Considering that a lot of fans were 'shut out' of the heart last time around, it wouldn't be surprising to have a setup that would give GA tix holders that intimate experience.

Granted there are safety issues, but if they do an 'T' shaped stage with an oval catwalk, it just may work.

Now before someone kneejerks and says the Oval is going to hold about 50-500 more people than the heart did and it's definitely an end-stage, please provide your sources/proof.

Truth is there is no stage information so anyone's guess is as good as the next. Personally I think they will mix up the stage design more than changing the heart to an oval.

While your theory was enjoyable to read, unfortunately, it was too easy to debunk! Sections 9-12 are elevated to provide a better view of the stage. They are not "floor seats" since they cost $165 a pop, if I remember correctly.

The stage will be just about the same as the Elevation tour except substitute a larger egg/oval able to hold 400+ ppl for the heart, which held 300+ ppl. My further understanding is that there will be a silky see-through video screen for the playing of videos thereon. Because the stage is stripped down like Elevation (I've read that there are fewer sight line impediments compared to the Elevation stage), rear view seats are a bargain when comparing distance to stage and price.

Next theory please!! :wink:

Next theory please!! :wink: [/B]

section 12 patrons will be connected to wire harnesses attached to the rafters and will float around the floor like Bon Jovi in the Living on a prayer video.

*a portion of your ticket prices in the $165 range will be contributed to purchasing acid wash jeans for the above mentioned patrons"

i think it was me asking about sec 12..

is this something like this??

ab_1_b.JPG

but i don't get it though.. those floor seats are $169... and won't the people on the floor be blocking ur view??? wouldn't reserve seats be better???

Ah, I guess you missed the part in my post where I said the seats will be "elevated." If you've been to a basketball game, you'll know that the seats behind the basket arch upwards towards the "fixed" seats. However, in the context of the MSG U2 show, only one side of the arena (the side opposite the stage) still has the arch towards the "fixed" seats.

I hope that helps to clarify things.

MTEdge said:
Ah, I guess you missed the part in my post where I said the seats will be "elevated." If you've been to a basketball game, you'll know that the seats behind the basket arch upwards towards the "fixed" seats. However, in the context of the MSG U2 show, only one side of the arena (the side opposite the stage) still has the arch towards the "fixed" seats.

I hope that helps to clarify things.

ya.. i read ur part.. saw the basketball chart... i just want to know the exact seating for section 12 and the stage.. :wink:

all i know is that i got a section 12 ticket, wondered where in the world it was... got back in ticketmaster, got a section 41 ticket, found out that section 12 existed and that it was a pretty good seat, and now i have an extra, section 41 ticket. hmm, what to do with that one...

james

:bump:

I just got a Section 12 ticket today off TM for the Oct 7th concert. So from what the rep told me when I called I would be in section 12 on the floor, it didn't help that I argued that U2 will not have seats on the floor.

So will section 12 be in front of section 97 at that far end of the arena?

EPandAmerica said:
:bump:

I just got a Section 12 ticket today off TM for the Oct 7th concert. So from what the rep told me when I called I would be in section 12 on the floor, it didn't help that I argued that U2 will not have seats on the floor.

So will section 12 be in front of section 97 at that far end of the arena?

I believe that is a correct assumption. There will be a group of seats at the back of the arena floor.

Wow, I just read my post that started this thread back in March... I guess I was a bit off with the stage design, eh? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom