Montreal II Party and hopefully a Setlist Watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladywithspinninghead said:
For the Canadians here -
Former Muchmusic VJ George Strombolo...(you know who I mean!) was in town (Ottawa) over the weekend interviewing Bono. Apparently they'll be broadcasting the interview again at 11pm EST tonight - check your local listing for CBC News : The Hour.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Thanks! :hug:

jon_lemire said:
Just getting here, so maybe this was already covered...

...but what do we think Bono will say about the collapse of the government of Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin? Elections in January, per CNN.

Ah, so it's official now? (just woke up)

I bet he'll say something similar to Sat. night's show where Bono talked about the upcoming elections (it was already a given by that point) and said that we needed to make extreme poverty eradication in Africa a priority in the elections and then proceeds to show the phone numbers for Paul Martin (which got booed), Stephen Harper, Jack Layton and Gilles Duceppe (which, to my dismay, got the loud cheers from the audience).

Nice touch to have the Universal Declaration scrolling in French by the way :up:

For the Canadians here -
Former Muchmusic VJ George Strombolo...(you know who I mean!) was in town (Ottawa) over the weekend interviewing Bono. Apparently they'll be broadcasting the interview again at 11pm EST tonight - check your local listing for CBC News : The Hour.

Cool! We met him at Toronto 3, and my daughter had her pic taken with him - nice guy!

ruffian said:

your tiny--hope in my carry on and be reeeaaaal quiet...

:shifty:

:shh:

Maddy is small, and she promised to be reaaallll quiet too

people-elmerfudd.gif

VintagePunk said:

Cool! We met him at Toronto 3, and my daughter had her pic taken with him - nice guy!

Ah, you saw him in the soundboard area? I saw him talking to fans after the show - he seemed very pleasant and willing to sign all the autographs asked of him.

He and Bono have a mutual admiration thing going on...

George Snuffalupagous is cute!! I see him sometimes at the CBC building in the food court, lol.

He's shorter than I expected...

Ah, you saw him in the soundboard area? I saw him talking to fans after the show - he seemed very pleasant and willing to sign all the autographs asked of him.

He and Bono have a mutual admiration thing going on...

Yeah, as we were walking out, we saw him in the cage and said hi. He came out to talk to us and pose for a pic. Shook hands, asked our names, hugged my daughter. Very friendly and obliging. And the only decent VJ on Canadian music channels for many years, and the only one with decent taste in music.

jon_lemire said:
Just getting here, so maybe this was already covered...

...but what do we think Bono will say about the collapse of the government of Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin? Elections in January, per CNN.

Speaking as a Canadian, the "collapse" was pretty much going to happen eventually, it was just a matter of when, given they had a minority government :shrug: Piss off the other parties in Parliment and get a non-confidence vote and *boom* hello another election *snerk*

The last time we had a minority gov't, back around 1980, it lasted *thinks* six months? Someone help me out here, how long was Joe Clark Prime Minister? :wink:

wenda said:
George Snuffalupagous is cute!! I see him sometimes at the CBC building in the food court, lol.

He's shorter than I expected...

His hair is always quite interesting. :eyebrow:

Drea said:

Speaking as a Canadian, the "collapse" was pretty much going to happen eventually, it was just a matter of when, given they had a minority government :shrug: Piss off the other parties in Parliment and get a non-confidence vote and *boom* hello another election *snerk*

The last time we had a minority gov't, back around 1980, it lasted *thinks* six months? Someone help me out here, how long was Joe Clark Prime Minister? :wink:

Yeah, minority governments aren't stable, nor long-lasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom