Monterrey Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why does this woman on Grey's Anatomy not wanna have her baby? I guess I missed something :huh:

Perhaps with Bad in the main set, it will be either a '40' or Vertigo closer night.

That can be good or bad, depending on the person. :shrug:

Diane L said:
NSW, did you ever get to hear Crumbs live?

No. :(

Whatever song is my favorite never gets played:

Acrobat
When I Look at the World
Do You Feel Loved
Red Hill Mining Town
I Fall Down
A Sort of Homecoming
Crumbs
Zooropa
Heartland

My favorites that I've heard:

Electric Co
New Year's Day

I'm not complaining, you know me, am thrilled beyond belief every time I see them, but I just seem to always strongly gravitate towards songs they do not play, or stopped playing years ago. Ce's La Vie. Is that Spanish? :)

Axver said:

Seems you like them less than me, and I like them less than If You Shout! I just think they're a bit generic, trying to be too many things and not really pulling off exceptional music. Some of the stuff's enjoyable enough and I listen to them a wee bit, though I'm not so keen on their vocals sometimes.

And I think they butchered a classic in Wake Up. The breakdown ruins it for me. If it stopped around the 3:30 mark, it'd be the perfect example of how to make a great song that's less than four minutes long.

I find they're trying too hard to be "original". And I agree, I don't find the singing is all that great. Once again... trying too hard.

Wake Up is a good enough song, though it does run a tad long.

Miringeltje said:

WOW!
Bad in the main setlist.
How's that for a chance?

Woooo!!

Well, they did briefly play Bad in the main set on the third leg. RTSS --> Bad :drool:

ruffian said:
why does this woman on Grey's Anatomy not wanna have her baby? I guess I missed something :huh:

She is a doctor at that hospital, and her husband is the one who is being operated on by McDreamy....she's just really stubborn

OMG we better find out what happens!! :faint:

They are probably hearing SBS / Bullet.

What they will have next? Miss Sarajevo or Running?

VintagePunk said:

I wouldn't say "sucks," exactly, but there are about three really, really good songs on the album, and the rest are just a'ight for me.

And of course, Wake Up will always have positive associations.

There's definetely worse music out there... I guess it's just not my cup of tea. :wink:

Wake Up will always be memorable, that's for sure.

If you shout... said:

Please tell me that you're investigating the semiotic slant on date-creation/-organization...!

:wink:

:lol:

Trying to track down good new music actually, but running short on ideas!

Axver said:

I'm surfing the Internet, but not for U2 sets right now. :wink:

So, is the stuff up to COBL confirmed from a reliable source that we've now lost? There was no New Year's Day, unlike in Europe?

yes, I heard some of it. Don't know what the BD snippet was, I couldn't make it out. So we don't know if there was songs in between COBL and SYCMIOYO

sami0201 said:

She is a doctor at that hospital, and her husband is the one who is being operated on by McDreamy....she's just really stubborn

OMG we better find out what happens!! :faint:

so stubborn meaning that she would just rather keep the baby in her body for an undisclosed period of time? or until hubby is out of surgery

(sorry to everyone for the derailing--it was a burning question)

ruffian said:

Her husband is the one having the craniotomy right now having gotten into a MVA on the way to the hospital (and presumably just has gone asystolic - impressive how that happens on cue :D ) She wanted him to be there with her

:reject:

ruffian said:

so stubborn meaning that she would just rather keep the baby in her body for an undisclosed period of time? or until hubby is out of surgery

(sorry to everyone for the derailing--it was a burning question)

She wanted to wait for her husband and I guess she's freaked out by everything going on :shrug:

victor_f said:
They are probably hearing SBS / Bullet.

What they will have next? Miss Sarajevo or Running?

My money's on Miss Sarajevo.

Or Please, damnit! :combust:

Wait a sec...if they are shortening the main set by a song or two what could it mean? New songs after SBS/Bullet?? Or is it the WTSHNM thing? Or maybe a long encore? Idk!

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm inclined to agree

plus they performed with David Bowie :drool:

Yes, they did. Life on Mars? is brilliant with them. A lot of the unreased stuff/b-sides is great, as well. I'm convinced that they have a great future ahead of them...all of them :happy:

Plus, I hear Chuck Norris loves them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom